Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I also think the lead detective allowed herself to be influenced by Seth Kenny and as did Morrissey probably. Seth Kenny was in their ear telling them Thell is trying to throw him under the bus and Seth was being very cooperative so it’s natural for LE and Morrissey to be influenced. They have never seen a case like this ever! I think this business is cutthroat and both Seth and Thell are shady actors. Not to mention an enabling father doing everything to spring his daughter outta prison!

I think Morrissey’s lack of prosecutorial experience hampered her not to mention her arrogance. Her bulldog attitude might work as a defense atty but you’re supposed to be in a different posture as a prosecutor. Johnson exemplified that posture and walked out!! Enough said. This was a chitshow! Morrissey working alone, tired, overwhelmed and know-it-all….

JMO
The opposite was happening too. Thell Reed was constantly calling the cops and telling them it was Seths fault.

I’ve caught up on the comments about today’s events but I think I’ll go watch the video now because my head is spinning…but if the comments/posts here are any indication, I’m not sure that the video will change that.

I have to say that so far I don’t think the judge had any choice but to dismiss but I am disappointed that it ended this way. I have been torn on whether AB should be convicted - on the one hand he did point the gun and fire it - but on the other he was an actor on a movie set and there should have been no live ammo on the set. I really wanted to see how a jury would see this and what verdict they would reach.

I have always thought there was more of a civil liability for AB as a producer than a criminal one as the actor who had the gun in his hand when this tragedy occurred, but I really wanted to see a verdict one way or the other. I also think the family of the victim deserved to see a verdict - which ever way it turned out - and even though I agree with the judge’s decision to dismiss, I feel awful for the family that the opportunity to see a verdict has been taken away from them because of this.

[…]

Kari Morrissey, the lead prosecutor, said outside the courthouse that she disagrees with the judge, but respects the court’s decision.

“I’m disappointed, because I believe that the importance of the evidence was misconstrued by the defense attorneys,” Morrissey said. “We did everything humanly possible to bring justice to Halyna and to her family, and we’re proud of the work that we did.”

[…]

Morrissey is a private defense attorney who was appointed by District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies to prosecute the case.

“Our goal from the beginning was to seek justice for Halyna Hutchins, and we fought to get this case tried on its merits,” Carmack-Altwies said in a statement. “We are disappointed that the case did not get to the jury.”

Jennifer Burrill, the president of the New Mexico Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, said Morrissey’s failure to turn over evidence was “egregious.”

“It’s her job to make sure everything was disclosed,” Burrill said. “It’s not her job to decide what’s relevant for the defense or not.”

[…]

My understanding is that HGR's lawyer knew all about the ammo that Troy Teske was holding. He was originally going to call Teske as a witness, but changed his mind for some reason. Teske didn't want to take the evidence back to Arizona with him, so during HGR's closing arguments he handed the ammo over to the Sheriff's office.

At that point is when the whole cluster-funk occurred. The police and prosecutors decided to not tag it as part of the Rust evidence so the Baldwin legal team didn't have access to it.

I'm not sure how that would be a Brady violation for HGR. However, there may be other evidence, like the 3rd Haag report which was mentioned during today's hearing.

Thanks, I've got to catch up. I was out most of the day and just came back before reading about this. Will watch the hearing.

I would pay money to get a seat in the courtroom for that hearing. Her lawyers knew about it but didn't admit they knew.
The arguments would be worth the price of a plane ticket.
Teske went to Bowels first with this “evidence” and Bowels was gonna use it and then changed his mind. Bowels had turned it over to Morrissey when he got it from Teske. The picture she referenced. After Bowels decided not to use it….that is when Teske headed over to the Sheriff to turn it over to the state. There’s no Brady violation on this “evidence” for HGR’s case. If Bowles finds other evidence that was not turned over I’m sure he’ll raise that on appeal.

That case should have been dismissed without prejudice. That was ridiculous.

Hey Everyone,
PLEASE I NEED HELP!
This is WILD.
I am trying to prep for our Websleuths YouTube livestream video, and I am so confused. Since I could not follow the case today, I'm trying to make sense of everything. Thank you in advance for your help,
I understand the case was dismissed because ammunition taken to the sheriff's office was not turned over to the defense.
Didn't the witness on the stand today say the ammunition WAS NOT on the set of Rust? What is the importance of this particular ammunition as far as it is connected to Baldwin's trial?
It is enough to dismiss a case with prejudice because the prosecution did not turn over evidence that could be considered exculpatory. It appears this evidence was purposely hidden.
If someone could post a brief explanation of why this ammo is a big part of the story I would greatly appreciate it. I am swamped and have tried going through the threads but I can't read them in-depth like I need to so I can present the story correctly.
Also, does anyone have a timestamp or a link to the prosecutor who took the stand today?
Thank you all so much. Your patience with this old lady (me) is greatly appreciated.
Tricia

Teske went to Bowels first with this “evidence” and Bowels was gonna use it and then changed his mind. Bowels had turned it over to Morrissey when he got it from Teske. The picture she referenced. After Bowels decided not to use it….that is when Teske headed over to the Sheriff to turn it over to the state. There’s no Brady violation on this “evidence” for HGR’s case. If Bowles finds other evidence that was not turned over I’m sure he’ll raise that on appeal.
I missed that detail that he took it to Morrissey.
I wonder if the decision to not use it was led to the lawyer/client fight and Bouillon quitting/fired.

If the prosecutor is doing shady things then thank God we have a judicial system that corrects these injustices. On saying that Alec is still not totally innocent. HRG had a reputation for not being safe yet she was still hired. There were complaints on the set about unsafe working conditions and even some of the crew walked out and nothing was done. On top of all that he pointed a gun at someone pulled the trigger which is something YOU NEVER EVER DO even if you believe the gun is not loaded.

I haven't been following this case closely for awhile. I'm not sure how this ammunition actually relates to this case. I did find this.

The evidence that sank the case, revealed during the trial’s second day of testimony Thursday, was the existence of ammunition that was brought into the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office in March by a man who said it could be related to Hutchins’ killing. Prosecutors said they deemed the ammo unrelated and unimportant, while Baldwin’s lawyers alleged they “buried” it. The defense filed one of many motions they had made to dismiss the case over evidence issues. All the others were rejected. But this one took.

So it's claimed that the ammunition could be related to this case but this article doesn't explain how. JMO.

Alec Baldwin weeps in court as judge announces involuntary manslaughter case is dismissed midtrial

Last edited:
Bowels had this evidence and chose not to use it. Unless there’s other Brady violation in her case. It won’t be overturned based on this . JMO

That does complicate it but I wonder if she still has grounds based on the exposed collusion between prosecutor and LE - does it not go to the basic integrity of the original trial? It's the same case and basically the same thing after all.

I just noticed that the reporter AL erroneously said “ without “ prejudice instead of “ with”.

If my above post becomes blank it’s because she realizes and deletes the Tweet.

Will be watching for a correction.
There is a ton of inaccurate reporting going on in everyone’s rush. Not demeaning anyone, but the news was shocking. A national news station I was watching revered defense and pros re who do what. Crazy really.

Hey Everyone,
PLEASE I NEED HELP!
This is WILD.
I am trying to prep for our Websleuths YouTube livestream video, and I am so confused. Since I could not follow the case today, I'm trying to make sense of everything. Thank you in advance for your help,
I understand the case was dismissed because ammunition taken to the sheriff's office was not turned over to the defense.
Didn't the witness on the stand today say the ammunition WAS NOT on the set of Rust? What is the importance of this particular ammunition as far as it is connected to Baldwin's trial?
It is enough to dismiss a case with prejudice because the prosecution did not turn over evidence that could be considered exculpatory. It appears this evidence was purposely hidden.
If someone could post a brief explanation of why this ammo is a big part of the story I would greatly appreciate it. I am swamped and have tried going through the threads but I can't read them in-depth like I need to so I can present the story correctly.
Also, does anyone have a timestamp or a link to the prosecutor who took the stand today?
Thank you all so much. Your patience with this old lady (me) is greatly appreciated.
Tricia

The prosecutor takes the stand at around 7hrs8mins. YouTube has its own timestamps for everything:

Does anyone know where this ammunition that Troy Teske had possession of came from and how it's related to this case?

Several rounds of ammunition were brought to the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office in March after the first trial concluded by retired police officer Troy Teske, a friend of the armorer’s father, crime scene technician Marissa Poppell testified.

There is a ton of inaccurate reporting going on in everyone’s rush. Not demeaning anyone, but the news was shocking. A national news station I was watching revered defense and pros re who do what. Crazy really.
Wow lol that’s pretty bad to reverse the 2 sides .

I agree it was quite stunning news and the rush to report it.

I was not criticizing AL at all. I think she did an excellent job. And I don’t think YOU think I was being critical.

If the tweet stays up I just didn’t want it to cause more confusion while we are all trying to process this turn of events!

As an aside, the way I no longer get confused or have to stop and think about which dismissal means they can be tried again- WITH or WITHOUT prejudice—. Barry Morphew’s case was WITHOUT and I am crossing all my fingers and toes that he is charged again and arrested soon!
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee
Back