Budget cuts may cancel or suspend Casey trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ANGER! (though not at you Lalaw)

WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE BABY SHE HAD?!?!?!?!?

BBM: Absolutely nothing was wrong with Caylee. I would have felt very blessed to have had her.

I understand, Ssejors. Caylee was such a beautiful child.

However, Gardner does not have the authority to cancel a trial. Now, there's a showdown brewing between Gardner and Chief Judge Belvin Perry because of the statements she made.

Gardner has had problems paying for juries before. In the summer of 2009, Orange County courts were at risk of not having jurors, because Gardner said she couldn't pay for them.It was a $359,000 tab. She and Chief Judge Belvin Perry had to hire attorneys to sort it out.

http://www.wftv.com/news/27227848/detail.html

This could get interesting...if she is not forced into resignation first....but perhaps an audit is in order???

It seems probably the meeting in the Judges Chambers after one hearing probably was the Judge trying to see if the State and Defense could come up with a deal but they didn't.

This gardner lady, in the video (sorry lost the link) her last statement caught my gut. I cannot even quote it so if someone can please do. I took it as a heavy hand, and sabotage in it.

Was she trying to press the SA to agree on a defense plea offer that she heard about?

Will this put pressure on the SA to make a lesser deal and better for ICA...like 20 years with possible parole?

Here is the video link:

http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=...Clerk of Courts Lydia Gardner on Anthony case

What she said: Democracy isn't cheap and it isn't free, there is a price to pay, and citizens must understand that"

WTF is that? She saying so what if ICA goes free, we have to think of our democracy and all other funding issues instead of one case? Is this lady for real?
I smell nothing but Politics in all of this!

I tell you what, her annual salary will help pay for the trail, so I ask her to STEP DOWN!

Will this put pressure on the SA to make a lesser deal and better for ICA...like 20 years with possible parole?
I doubt it!

Here is the video link:

http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=http://static.cfnews13.com/newsvideo/cfn/Gardner-Raw-0317.flv&vtitle=Orange%20County%20Clerk%20of%20Courts%20Lydia%20Gardner%20on%20Anthony%20case

What she said: Democracy isn't cheap and it isn't free, there is a price to pay, and citizens must understand that"

WTF is that? She saying so what if ICA goes free, we have to think of our democracy and all other funding issues instead of one case? Is this lady for real?

I tell you what, her annual salary will help pay for the trail, so I ask her to STEP DOWN!
Maybe she's in cahoots with that lady (Kathleen Harris??) with the hanging chads???

Here is the video link:

http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=...Clerk of Courts Lydia Gardner on Anthony case

Either something is in the water in Florida, or Baez somehow managed to bribe this woman to as a last ditch effort not to have a trial. I can't imagine why she would talk like this and be giddy about it. Letting a baby killer out of jail and denying justice to an innocent, murdered baby is NOT something to be giddy about! WTH!

I can't believe she actually named the Anthony case and I can't believe she commented to the media who obviously there to get a quote from her about the A's case.

Maybe she should have called the A's first and asked for pointer on "fund raising". jmo:slap:

THINK there's a typo in the article.

Court officials estimate that the trial will cost Orange County more than $350 million. More than $200 million of that is for jury expenses that must be paid by the clerk of court's office.

Are you sure? Because the most expensive trial ever was the McMartin Preschool Trial which cost $15 million. I know that there's inflation etc since the 1980's but I don't see how Casey's trial could be 23x more expensive.

ETA: McMartin was most expensive criminal trial ever

:banghead:Just another person using Caylee's name to push their own selfish agenda. Why would she do such a thing right before the trial? Why would she want to build up so much anger? This case is emotional enough as it is... and then she brings politics into it? Good Lord what was she thinking?

Caylee is a murdered child waiting for justice. This woman, using Caylee's tragic case as a means to gain control or an upperhand in what SHE wants, is not too far off from how Casey and Cindy used poor Caylee in her short life and the reason she is no longer alive.

It disgusts me! :banghead:

It seems probably the meeting in the Judges Chambers after one hearing probably was the Judge trying to see if the State and Defense could come up with a deal but they didn't.

This gardner lady, in the video (sorry lost the link) her last statement caught my gut. I cannot even quote it so if someone can please do. I took it as a heavy hand, and sabotage in it.

Was she trying to press the SA to agree on a defense plea offer that she heard about?

All the press reports and blogging sites such as Hal, Schaeffer, etc...all seem to be speculating that this "stunt" (my wording) was an attempt by Gardner to use a murdered baby case to push her agenda concerning possible budget crunches....as opposed to her trying to manipulate anything with this case itself persay...

In the her "rebuttal" video posted above, the reporter even asks her about the allegations of her using a "murdered child" to push her agenda...

:banghead:Just another person using Caylee's name to push their own selfish agenda. Why would she do such a thing right before the trial? Why would she want to build up so much anger? This case is emotional enough as it is... and then she brings politics into it? Good Lord what was she thinking?

Caylee is a murdered child waiting for justice. This woman, using Caylee's tragic case as a means to gain control or an upperhand in what SHE wants, is not too far off from how Casey and Cindy used poor Caylee in her short life and the reason she is not longer alive.

It disgusts me! :banghead:

:clap::clap::clap:

THINK there's a typo in the article.

Court officials estimate that the trial will cost Orange County more than $350 million. More than $200 million of that is for jury expenses that must be paid by the clerk of court's office.
I think it's more like $360,000, which is about what Scott Peterson's trial cost. Don't see how this could bankrupt a county...

I hate to say this, but watching that video of this Clerk of Court appears to me that she has been "giddy" to be "part of this huge case that spans across the country" (as relayed in her email to Perry) and was just ITCHING to have her own moment in "the spotlight of the media"...

Her comments and statements were....hmm..."questionable" to me...

ROFL, gonna call you DH. He just said the exact same thing Kent. His exact words? *She's wanting a piece of that pie*. :great:

DH has a first cousin that owns a Condo in Orlando. He told us it was ours anytime we felt froggy. But with the price of gas, it's not looking good. :(

BBM: To Ireland to adopt an Irish baby with an Irish accent?

Eyeeh ~ jussst a wee lettle tot wit a heent ov a ascent....all decked out in ye yittle green onsie an a kute lettle top hat with ya traditioneel schomrocks o plenty!!!:rocker::woohoo:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

However, Gardner does not have the authority to cancel a trial. Now, there's a showdown brewing between Gardner and Chief Judge Belvin Perry because of the statements she made.

Gardner has had problems paying for juries before. In the summer of 2009, Orange County courts were at risk of not having jurors, because Gardner said she couldn't pay for them.It was a $359,000 tab. She and Chief Judge Belvin Perry had to hire attorneys to sort it out.

http://www.wftv.com/news/27227848/detail.html

This could get interesting...if she is not forced into resignation first....but perhaps an audit is in order???

Well, that's an interesting bit of information Kentjbkent ~ thank you.

Perhaps this Ms. Gardner woman has been *toasting* crab puffs and sipping drinks with .... Baez, or the Anthony's, or.... nahhh......????

Ms Gardner should set up a paypal account for Florida to try ICA- everyone chip in if you think she's guilty! It would be funded overnight.
Or, they could have a telethon for her trial, I would call in and pledge- would you? :floorlaugh:

Can't you just see her parents and her dream team screaming that the grand tally has been RIGGED!!!!
And, you just know that they would be all over it trying to figure out a way to get their hands on it to boot!:floorlaugh:

State Sen. Mike Fasano, a Republican from New Port Richey who chairs the Senate Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations,said at worst, funding to the clerks of courts around the state will be cut a little less than one percent. At best, he said, funding levels won't change at all.
In any case, Fasano said, it would not be a high-priority murder trial like Casey Anthony's that would be placed on hold due to financial considerations.
"Civil cases would be in jeopardy before any criminal cases
," Fasano said. "She, as clerk of court, knows that better than anyone."
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...thony-trial-jeopardy-20110317,0,6609794.story

And her back-pedaling begins already:

And by day's end Gardner appeared to be letting up a bit on the prospect that Anthony's May trial could be derailed bybudget constraints.
"Things change rapidly during the legislative process, and we are hopeful that these issues can be resolved,'' Gardner said in a statement.:loser::back::back::back:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cortneyrose
Back