Bulgaria - Lars Mittank, 28, German tourist, Varna airport, 8 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I understand what you mean. However in this case, paranoid because there is no evidence Lars was beaten up or followed by anyone. Unless I am forgetting details (which is entirely possible) no one saw Lars get beaten up. He could have self-harmed. Meaning the threat was thought to be all in his head. Not to mention in the video there is clearly no one following him.

Such a sad set of circumstances. I hope Lars is out there okay somewhere and will find his way home.

Absolutely. When he ran from that airport, there was no one chasing after him. He could have gotten on the plane and gone home. He didn't. And the way in which he behaved in the airport in when he ran out sure leads me to believe he had some kind of mental break, with paranoia being included.

While I would expect someone to be slightly more on edge should they have been attacked, I think the way in which he spoke and acted is a little too far fetched to say he was just scared.

I understand what you mean. However in this case, paranoid because there is no evidence Lars was beaten up or followed by anyone. Unless I am forgetting details (which is entirely possible) no one saw Lars get beaten up. He could have self-harmed. Meaning the threat was thought to be all in his head. Not to mention in the video there is clearly no one following him.

Such a sad set of circumstances. I hope Lars is out there okay somewhere and will find his way home.
There is also no evidence that he wasn't. His friends didn't saw anything but they werent with him whole time and didnt pay much attention - this is not a proof that he wasnt attacked or followed. He had no history of mental illness so that consistent assumption that danger was just in his head is just pure victim blaming.

Young, blonde, handsome german guy would be like a red rag for a bull for many bad crowds in Varna but that doesnt matter. Only thing that matter is that his friends who WEREN'T WITH HIM MOST OF THAT NIGHT said that they didnt believed his story because... God knows why, they never gave any good explanation.
I mean good enough for them - they just didnt took it as a big deal at the time, not gave it much thought, thats understandable and no reason to held them responsible for Lars unknown fate. But why on Earth it's convincing for so many people that putting blame on Lars alleged "mental illness".
Sure, its possible that he harmed himself, that's important possibility, but there is absolutely no reason to constantly show it and repeat and repeat and repeat like it's almost certain or most probable "cause". It's not. People who WERENT WITH HIM through whole "last day" and who WERENT WITH HIM while he supposedly "self harmed" (because apparently it's so uncommon to get beaten in Bulgaria, that everything is most believeable than that) are just sharing their thoughts and impressions from drunk football night at bar.

In the video Lars doesnt appear as a person who runs away from someone. No looking back. No speeding up. No frantic moves. He run the hell out of docs room after experiencing threatful behaviour - something what could never happened in Germany.
If i recall correctly it was discussed earlier in this very thread that basically everyone on planet Earth is more believeable source of info than the victim herself.

There is also no evidence that he wasn't. His friends didn't saw anything but they werent with him whole time and didnt pay much attention - this is not a proof that he wasnt attacked or followed. He had no history of mental illness so that consistent assumption that danger was just in his head is just pure victim blaming.

Young, blonde, handsome german guy would be like a red rag for a bull for many bad crowds in Varna but that doesnt matter. Only thing that matter is that his friends who WEREN'T WITH HIM MOST OF THAT NIGHT said that they didnt believed his story because... God knows why, they never gave any good explanation.
I mean good enough for them - they just didnt took it as a big deal at the time, not gave it much thought, thats understandable and no reason to held them responsible for Lars unknown fate. But why on Earth it's convincing for so many people that putting blame on Lars alleged "mental illness".
Sure, its possible that he harmed himself, that's important possibility, but there is absolutely no reason to constantly show it and repeat and repeat and repeat like it's almost certain or most probable "cause". It's not. People who WERENT WITH HIM through whole "last day" and who WERENT WITH HIM while he supposedly "self harmed" (because apparently it's so uncommon to get beaten in Bulgaria, that everything is most believeable than that) are just sharing their thoughts and impressions from drunk football night at bar.

In the video Lars doesnt appear as a person who runs away from someone. No looking back. No speeding up. No frantic moves. He run the hell out of docs room after experiencing threatful behaviour - something what could never happened in Germany.
If i recall correctly it was discussed earlier in this very thread that basically everyone on planet Earth is more believeable source of info than the victim herself.

News articles specifically say Lars was paranoid. Their words not mine. I will link one article and would be happy to link more that say the same thing.

Video of Him Vanishing Has Been Watched Millions of Times

Victim blaming? Hardly.

According to conversations on the phone with his mom, before he went to the airport he sounded scared. It's unclear if there was a real threat or that his fear was manufactured by his own mind. Fear can be a nasty thing, you can become overwhelmed with it, sometimes out of the blue. Fact is Lars went missing en still is.

Just because some of us ay think it was mental illness and/or paranoia it doesn't make it victim blaming. It's just an observation. Not his fault.

Just because some of us ay think it was mental illness and/or paranoia it doesn't make it victim blaming. It's just an observation. Not his fault.
It is if it became main story, repeated everywhere with almost no notification that's just some people view. It's not shown like one of at least two options, nowhere so it became victim blaming even if most people are just sharing their opinions.

Most of these opinions are built on that one particular point of view and repeated endlessly so more and more people are assumming that there is much more reasons to see it this way that actually is. There is no youtube video about Lars without that "paranoia" concept and very few with some small additions that maybe... maybe... maybe he wasn't lying, imagining etc.

Also - it's very convenient for everyone to see it like sad, mental breakdown. Very unfortunate and so on, but after all not a big deal to anyone except those who miss Lars. It would be much bigger story if it wasn't about some "most likely" paranoid young man who got lost but about a person who was brutally attacked, beaten, chased and possibly murdered after that.

News articles specifically say Lars was paranoid. Their words not mine. I will link one article and would be happy to link more that say the same thing.

Video of Him Vanishing Has Been Watched Millions of Times

Victim blaming? Hardly.
And I would be very sad to see them. I already saw them, read them and sorry if it went out like putting it all on you.
I didn't meant that you are victim blaming him, I meant this narration everywhere, not your on any other single persons opinion but the way that is shown: could be this, could be that, but we will stick with Lars having mental breakdown (and minoring other possibilities) because "why not, five other articles showed it like that, one more will not make a difference".

It is if it became main story, repeated everywhere with almost no notification that's just some people view. It's not shown like one of at least two options, nowhere so it became victim blaming even if most people are just sharing their opinions.

Most of these opinions are built on that one particular point of view and repeated endlessly so more and more people are assumming that there is much more reasons to see it this way that actually is. There is no youtube video about Lars without that "paranoia" concept and very few with some small additions that maybe... maybe... maybe he wasn't lying, imagining etc.

Also - it's very convenient for everyone to see it like sad, mental breakdown. Very unfortunate and so on, but after all not a big deal to anyone except those who miss Lars. It would be much bigger story if it wasn't about some "most likely" paranoid young man who got lost but about a person who was brutally attacked, beaten, chased and possibly murdered after that.

I see where you’re coming from. We have no idea, possibly he had been drugged and his reaction was due to that. As far as I recall, he had no history of mental illness. Is that not true? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

The othe possibility is he had been threatened or was in fear for his life. This also could have been aggravated by drug use, either voluntary or otherwise.

But, he wasn't chased? Ok, so maybe he was attacked the night he says he was, but he wasn't chased out of the airport, you can clearly see that on the surveillance footage.

I'll be honest, it seems as if you are not happy for people to come to their own conclusion that it was paranoia, but you are happy for people to come to YOUR conclusion that he was chased and murdered, which as far as I can see, there is no evidence to show that.

Had Lars have disappeared following the attack (as in, directly after) then yes, I would think he was likely murdered. But, he ran from an airport with no one behind him. Maybe he was murdered thereafter, but maybe, he wasn't.

Hi all, I'm new to the Forum, Greetings From Glasgow Scotland.

I noticed there has been no activity in this thread in a while? Have we given up? Anyway... I'll give my take on the whole situation from what I have experienced.

Lars wasn't eating much and distancing himself from friends sounds like me the first time I went on vacation with friends. The first time I went abroad with friends was a strange Experience for me, I was excited the whole way of the trip to Sunny Magaluf Spain, however just a few hours after I had arrived I started feeling weird like a feeling I couldn't describe, I couldn't eat anything and was not in a right frame of mind, I have no idea why I felt this way but it can happen for no reason and it's indescribable.

The second time I went on vacation again with friends was to Kavos on the Greek Island of Corfu, I was fine again the whole trip there then boom the next morning I felt weird and started distancing myself from friends and wasn't eating it was like a huge Anxiety attack the full trip but I had no reason to feel this way all during the days I was spaced out but when night came I was fine and drinking having a good time, the human mind is strange and from my experiences here I now realise I had some sort of mild anxiety which I never knew.

So I'm guessing Lars had the same feeling which I described during his holiday which makes the mind a strange thing. I scrutinised the CCTV footage of Lars in the Airport, there's one thing that stands out for me, why has no one mentioned the strange woman with the white hat over her head? She is standing behind the wall when Lars starts sprinting the then proceeds to follow him, it's almost as if she was waiting on him, if she was just having a look she wouldn't have grabbed her belongings and moved she would have just took a glimpse. This woman has is very important in my opinion she knows more than what we think, she's almost like a creepy voodoo gypsy looking woman it's quite scary if you watch it properly.

There's no mental health in my opinion Lars is scared as hell from something or someone he has seen on this trip, I believe Lars was involved in a lot more than what we think, how much do our Mothers really know about us in our 20's? We do things that our parents would never dream of, I think Lars has got into a confrontation with the wrong people and has been told a hit is on him, there is people at the airport stalking him it's clear to see.

As for him dissapearing I'm baffled a time this it gives me the fear, there only a few explanations he's been took away and disposed of by higher powers or he's walked so far and is still out there unfortunately the later been highly unlikely.

The police must find this woman and interview her I honestly believe she is a big factor in this.

Hi all, I'm new to the Forum, Greetings From Glasgow Scotland.

I noticed there has been no activity in this thread in a while? Have we given up? Anyway... I'll give my take on the whole situation from what I have experienced.

Lars wasn't eating much and distancing himself from friends sounds like me the first time I went on vacation with friends. The first time I went abroad with friends was a strange Experience for me, I was excited the whole way of the trip to Sunny Magaluf Spain, however just a few hours after I had arrived I started feeling weird like a feeling I couldn't describe, I couldn't eat anything and was not in a right frame of mind, I have no idea why I felt this way but it can happen for no reason and it's indescribable.

The second time I went on vacation again with friends was to Kavos on the Greek Island of Corfu, I was fine again the whole trip there then boom the next morning I felt weird and started distancing myself from friends and wasn't eating it was like a huge Anxiety attack the full trip but I had no reason to feel this way all during the days I was spaced out but when night came I was fine and drinking having a good time, the human mind is strange and from my experiences here I now realise I had some sort of mild anxiety which I never knew.

So I'm guessing Lars had the same feeling which I described during his holiday which makes the mind a strange thing. I scrutinised the CCTV footage of Lars in the Airport, there's one thing that stands out for me, why has no one mentioned the strange woman with the white hat over her head? She is standing behind the wall when Lars starts sprinting the then proceeds to follow him, it's almost as if she was waiting on him, if she was just having a look she wouldn't have grabbed her belongings and moved she would have just took a glimpse. This woman has is very important in my opinion she knows more than what we think, she's almost like a creepy voodoo gypsy looking woman it's quite scary if you watch it properly.

There's no mental health in my opinion Lars is scared as hell from something or someone he has seen on this trip, I believe Lars was involved in a lot more than what we think, how much do our Mothers really know about us in our 20's? We do things that our parents would never dream of, I think Lars has got into a confrontation with the wrong people and has been told a hit is on him, there is people at the airport stalking him it's clear to see.

As for him dissapearing I'm baffled a time this it gives me the fear, there only a few explanations he's been took away and disposed of by higher powers or he's walked so far and is still out there unfortunately the later been highly unlikely.

The police must find this woman and interview her I honestly believe she is a big factor in this.
Welcome to Ws Britboy_101, thanks for the great post, have also ( quietly ) wondered about the woman, but tip-toeing around it!

Welcome to Ws Britboy_101, thanks for the great post, have also ( quietly ) wondered about the woman, but tip-toeing around it!

That is so creepy! I had never noticed the woman in the video. Good eyes @britboy_101. I re-watched it a few times just now and noticed she really walks with purpose and clearly in the direction of Lars. Her motions were so much more than a quick peer as to see the commotion. Even a 10-second extension of the video from that view would be so useful.

I think the fight(s) may have very well happened but I think they are a red herring in this case meaning no one was actually after him. He may have become impaired due to the fight(s) but I think that confrontation ended there. I believe he had a breakdown due to a preexisting mental condition which was brought out by drinking, possibly drugs, lack of sleep, a knock to the head, stress, and possibly the medication he was put on.

So coming up on four years next month with the last verified sighting caught on tape of him exiting the airport. Alive? Trafficked, living a new life, homeless. Dead? Exposure, illness, suicide, murder associated with (or without) the situation above. I normally go the most probable route which is that he is no longer with us and that his death had nothing to do with anyone he crossed paths with on that vacation.

Thoughts?

That is so creepy! I had never noticed the woman in the video. Good eyes @britboy_101. I re-watched it a few times just now and noticed she really walks with purpose and clearly in the direction of Lars. Her motions were so much more than a quick peer as to see the commotion. Even a 10-second extension of the video from that view would be so useful.

I think the fight(s) may have very well happened but I think they are a red herring in this case meaning no one was actually after him. He may have become impaired due to the fight(s) but I think that confrontation ended there. I believe he had a breakdown due to a preexisting mental condition which was brought out by drinking, possibly drugs, lack of sleep, a knock to the head, stress, and possibly the medication he was put on.

So coming up on four years next month with the last verified sighting caught on tape of him exiting the airport. Alive? Trafficked, living a new life, homeless. Dead? Exposure, illness, suicide, murder associated with (or without) the situation above. I normally go the most probable route which is that he is no longer with us and that his death had nothing to do with anyone he crossed paths with on that vacation.

Thoughts?

Hey @Lavinia , i have to disagree with you on the mental health stress medication scenario, it's just not how things work in the real world, Coming from Glasgow i know how things go down, we used to be the crime capital of Europe, there is a lot of unsavory characters out there. Mainstream media sources are pointing towards the whole mental health drug interaction as it hides the truth of the Real World.

This is just my opinion, the way Lars was running strongly indicates to me that he has seen someone that he has pissed of during the Holiday, he has been threatened told if he returns home his family will be took out along with him. That Airport could be full of Mafia connections, how much do we really know about Bulgaria? I wouldn't go near the place with a 10 foot pole, it's a well known fact the resort is run by Gangland and Gypsies.

I've dug out every piece of information available on this case and it sound's to me like he was truly on the Run from Gangsters.

Recap repost.rbbm.
People are mysteriously vanishing from airports
Mr Mittank rented a cheap room in the city, opting to stay on alone while his friends flew home. Things get weird at this point. On his first night alone, the young traveller made a panicked call to his mother in Germany, claiming he was being followed by four men and that he feared for his life. Scroll down for the creepy Lars Mittank CCTV video That same night, he booked a flight home for the following day, with plans to check in with a doctor at Varna Airport before boarding his flight. This is what we know about what happened next, according to witnesses statements and airport CCTV footage. Mr Mittank is captured entering the airport and calming walking through the building, luggage in tow. Shortly after arriving, he visited the airport clinic. The doctor later told police that the German, who still had his suitcase with him, seemed fine for the first few minutes of the consultation. This changed when a person described as a “construction worker” walked into the clinic and Mr Mittank suddenly freaked and ran out. He is captured on camera bolting through the airport, minus his bags, and out through the entrance into the carpark area, never to be seen again. About a year later, a Bulgarian truck driver came forward to report having picked up a “dishevelled-looking” hitchhiker some months earlier. He had since seen missing person posters erected by police and now believed the man could have been Lars Mittank. Police were unable to track down the man and Mr Mittank remains missing. His family still believe he is out there and injured, possibly having lost his memory and has set up a website for people to report sightings of him to.

Britboy, is it weird that I keep reading all of your posts in my head with a Scottish accent?? Lol. I can't stop it, now! I dated a guy from Scotland, so it's loud and clear!

The lady in the airport doesn't seem creepy to me. It seems like she is moving quickly to see what the commotion is about. It is rare that you see someone spriting through the airport, and when you do, many times it isn't good! My little brother once realized he forgot his ID in my mom's car as she was driving away. He was about 18 and this was probably 20 years ago, so before scary airport. He dropped his bag and ran to catch my mom, except he only got a few feet before he was tackled to the ground by security. It's funny now. But when people run in the airport, it certainly gets attention. She watched for a couple of seconds before moving. If she was after him, it seems like she would have gone immediately. That's just my take on it.

Britboy, is it weird that I keep reading all of your posts in my head with a Scottish accent?? Lol. I can't stop it, now! I dated a guy from Scotland, so it's loud and clear!

The lady in the airport doesn't seem creepy to me. It seems like she is moving quickly to see what the commotion is about. It is rare that you see someone spriting through the airport, and when you do, many times it isn't good! My little brother once realized he forgot his ID in my mom's car as she was driving away. He was about 18 and this was probably 20 years ago, so before scary airport. He dropped his bag and ran to catch my mom, except he only got a few feet before he was tackled to the ground by security. It's funny now. But when people run in the airport, it certainly gets attention. She watched for a couple of seconds before moving. If she was after him, it seems like she would have gone immediately. That's just my take on it.

LOL!!!

Strong Accent ;)

Nice post, seems like there is too many inconsistencies in the story or false reportings by the media. Everyone has a different opinion, I strongly believe this woman is in on it, my reasoning being that she is standing behind the wall and stalks Lars as he takes off.

Does anyone know what the latest news on this case is? Facebook page hasn't been updated in months? Is Europol and the German Authorities still working on it?

It would be nice to here some updates they must have some clues no one just vanished off the face of the earth unless you walk through a time warp into another dimension which is Doctor Who Bs and very unlikely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back