Bulgaria - Lars Mittank, 28, German tourist, Varna airport, 8 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was browsing youtube and came across a video of a homeless man living in usa, he states he has no ID, speaks American though with no German accent, reminded me of a picture of Lars, probably wishful thinking. Hope Lars is found soon. I often think of him and his family, along with liam colgan and corrie mckeague and kris(sherpa) fowler.

I was browsing youtube and came across a video of a homeless man living in usa, he states he has no ID, speaks American though with no German accent, reminded me of a picture of Lars, probably wishful thinking. Hope Lars is found soon. I often think of him and his family, along with liam colgan and corrie mckeague and kris(sherpa) fowler.

Do you have link YellowSun....

I wish they would set up a crowd funding page to help with the search for Lars. I donated to Liam Colgan page, who went missing in February after a night out in hamburg. I would donate to Lars Mittanks family. The find lars mittank page has 28000 followers, if everyone donated, it could help. I do not know if it has been done for Lars, probably better being set up my family or friends so it's official but I know for fact they would get lots of donations, to fund something similar to SULSAR or another PI or to get more media attention and searches.

Bumping....this case is bugging me...Eastern without him must be hard for his sweet mother and beloved ones.

Djeee.....where are you Lars.....an incredible story...still chill me to the bone.....Totally OT a story from my country (not a same story but to illustrate how things can go) Guy from Romania arrives on Schiphol (main airport The Netherlands)....camera footage....he went to the city of Haarlem....and bought some alcohol in a supermarket (Albert Hein) in the center of Haarlem...camera footage....the next morning found totally smashed up in Haarlem on a cemetery ......he is identified as Dumitru Sirbru...but still how can these things happen?

Djeee.....where are you Lars.....an incredible story...still chill me to the bone.....Totally OT a story from my country (not a same story but to illustrate how things can go) Guy from Romania arrives on Schiphol (main airport The Netherlands)....camera footage....he went to the city of Haarlem....and bought some alcohol in a supermarket (Albert Hein) in the center of Haarlem...camera footage....the next morning found totally smashed up in Haarlem on a cemetery ......he is identified as Dumitru Sirbru...but still how can these things happen?
He too was captured in an eerie ( in retrospect ) cctv video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irKFbbJt6a4

Why did 'the most famous missing person on YouTube' flee a Bulgarian airport never to be seen again? Bizarre mystery of German tourist who vanished that has baffled the Internet since 2014
Lars Mittank, 28, went missing outside Varna Airport, Bulgaria back in 2014
The clip saw Mittank labelled 'the most famous missing person on YouTube'
A series of wild conspiracy theories have circulated online because of the clip

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ry-missing-tourist-baffled-Internet-2014.html

No new information, unfortunately, but at least the story is getting some attention again.
I hope somebody can bring Lars home. :candle:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ry-missing-tourist-baffled-Internet-2014.html

No new information, unfortunately, but at least the story is getting some attention again.
I hope somebody can bring Lars home. :candle:
Thanks for the link!

Lars made a terrifying, panicked phone call to his mum from his hotel room ordering her to cancel his bank cards and suggested he was being followed by people trying to kill him.

Sandra Mittank told German TV: 'I thought, god, my son is in danger. I could hear his heart pounding over the phone. He said people were trying to rob him or kill him.'
He also sent his mum a text asking about the antibiotics he had been prescribed.
CCTV reportedly showed him pacing up and down the hotel foyer, looking out the windows and hiding in a lift.
It is believed Lars left the hotel at 1am before returning. It is not known where he went in the meantime.
The next morning, his mum's fears were eased when he texted her to say he had made it to the airport terminal.
cache.php
+8

cache.php

He started acting strangely after being punched in a McDonald's brawl and perforating and eardrum - an incident which left him needing antibiotics

The medic, Dr Kosta Kostov, has been quoted saying Lars began to tremble when a construction worker entered the room and cried: 'I don't want to die here. I have to get out of here.'

At this point Lars reportedly leapt to his feet and fled the airport.

Police turned up no concrete leads and a private investigator hired by his family failed to find any trace of Lars.

It has never been established what triggered his paranoia - drugs, a reaction to his medication, a head injury from the fight, an undiagnosed mental health condition or a genuine threat from unknown attackers

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rist-baffled-Internet-2014.html#ixzz5FIxtk8Bg

Did we ever know about the strange behavior in the hotel and hiding in the elevator? If so, I must have forgotten it. Anyway, that reminds me of Elisa Lam in that hell hole Cecil Hotel in LA. (I never did believe she killed herself).

If only his friends had not left Bulgaria before Lars did :( Not to the blame them, of course, there were not to know this would happen. But I can't help but think of how close he was to home and the support he would have received from his family. I really believe this was a psychosis.

Is that surveillance from the hotel anywhere for us to see?

I really do believe Lars is still alive. And likely still in Bulgaria.

Did we ever know about the strange behavior in the hotel and hiding in the elevator? If so, I must have forgotten it. Anyway, that reminds me of Elisa Lam in that hell hole Cecil Hotel in LA. (I never did believe she killed herself).

If only his friends had not left Bulgaria before Lars did :( Not to the blame them, of course, there were not to know this would happen. But I can't help but think of how close he was to home and the support he would have received from his family. I really believe this was a psychosis.

Is that surveillance from the hotel anywhere for us to see?

I really do believe Lars is still alive. And likely still in Bulgaria.

ITA!
Cannot recall the bit about the elevator and also E.Lam immediately came to mind.
speculation.

Mittank's odd behavior is very similar to another tourist, Poland's Magdalena Zuk, who died in Egypt. Both stayed at all inclusive resorts by the sea and exhibited paranoia. Is someone slipping drugs into their drinks for sexual slavery and/or organ theft? What is going on?

Mittank's odd behavior is very similar to another tourist, Poland's Magdalena Zuk, who died in Egypt. Both stayed at all inclusive resorts by the sea and exhibited paranoia. Is someone slipping drugs into their drinks for sexual slavery and/or organ theft? What is going on?
Had not heard about that case until now, it does sound similar to Lar's case, thanks-. Started a thread for Magdalena.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?374089-Polish-tourist-Magdalena-Zuk-27-mysterious-quot-suicide-quot-in-Egypt-2017&p=14109988#post14109988
[h=2]Polish tourist,Magdalena Zuk, 27,mysterious "suicide" in Egypt,2017[/h]

Thank you for the info. I have suspected for some time he could have been drugged. For what purpose, I have no idea, but this wouldn’t surprise me. It is certainly not impossible in this screwed up world we live in. Oh how horrific. :(

It always hurts me, when people are talking about "paranoia". Feeling scared and trying to run away from danger is not paranoia.
Varna is not very safe place outside of resorts. Lars was attacked by someone before. No matter if he had some kind of mental issues at the time or not, hes actions werent paranoid, he just acted humanlike.

How on earth being alone in dangerous place and trying to run away from people acting weird and aggressive is "paranoid"?

I dont remember what I was writing here before, but Im thinking about Lars very often and recently I realized that he did exactly what I would do. No way that I would try to go back to bus station where there was a risk of meeting these guys who beat me up once, follow me and try to finish their job. After getting scared on airport I would try to get to the next city and catch that bus there.
Delusional or not, people still keep some logic in their actions.

Dear Websleuths Members,

WE ARE MOVING!

If you have ever used the blogs on Websleuths and you want to keep what you wrote you will need to copy your blog posts ASAP. When we move to our new software the blog posts will not transfer over. I'm very sorry but there is nothing we can do. We tried but alas, you will lose your blog posts if you do not save them before we move.

Monday, May 21[SUP]st[/SUP] at around 7:00 AM Eastern Websleuths will go down for hopefully no more than 48 hours. When we come back up it Websleuths will have a brand new look!

You can discuss the move RIGHT HERE if you like.

While we are down please check the Websleuths FACEBOOK PAGE and TWITTER ACCOUNT FOR UPDATES ON THE MOVE AND INFO ON THE LATEST BREAKING TRUE CRIME.

Thank you,
Tricia

It always hurts me, when people are talking about "paranoia". Feeling scared and trying to run away from danger is not paranoia.
Varna is not very safe place outside of resorts. Lars was attacked by someone before. No matter if he had some kind of mental issues at the time or not, hes actions werent paranoid, he just acted humanlike.

How on earth being alone in dangerous place and trying to run away from people acting weird and aggressive is "paranoid"?

I dont remember what I was writing here before, but Im thinking about Lars very often and recently I realized that he did exactly what I would do. No way that I would try to go back to bus station where there was a risk of meeting these guys who beat me up once, follow me and try to finish their job. After getting scared on airport I would try to get to the next city and catch that bus there.
Delusional or not, people still keep some logic in their actions.

I understand what you mean. However in this case, paranoid because there is no evidence Lars was beaten up or followed by anyone. Unless I am forgetting details (which is entirely possible) no one saw Lars get beaten up. He could have self-harmed. Meaning the threat was thought to be all in his head. Not to mention in the video there is clearly no one following him.

Such a sad set of circumstances. I hope Lars is out there okay somewhere and will find his way home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010
Back