Bulgaria - Lars Mittank, 28, German tourist, Varna airport, 8 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi everyone. I am a crime writer who has been interested in this case for years. Every now and then, I check online to see if Lars has been found, but, unfortunately, there's nothing.

I would like to write an article for an American online magazine about Lars and give this case the exposure it deserves. There's there little out there in English, and someone out there must have some information. Firstly, I would like to interview people involved in the search for Lars. If anyone knows the police agency in Germany who are investigating this case or has a contact for Lars' family or friends or anyone who might like to spread the word about this case to a wider audience, please PM me.

Welcome...there is the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/findetlarsmittank/ Mothers contact info telnr. and Email address is in there.
Good luck.

Hi everyone. I am a crime writer who has been interested in this case for years. Every now and then, I check online to see if Lars has been found, but, unfortunately, there's nothing.

I would like to write an article for an American online magazine about Lars and give this case the exposure it deserves. There's there little out there in English, and someone out there must have some information. Firstly, I would like to interview people involved in the search for Lars. If anyone knows the police agency in Germany who are investigating this case or has a contact for Lars' family or friends or anyone who might like to spread the word about this case to a wider audience, please PM me.

:greetings: Welcome Sleuthwriter1!

How is this coming along?

I have heard from a few people in Varna that they've never heard of the disapperance of lars mittank. He could be walking around varna/sofia and nobody has recognised him because nobody knows about him. Surely there should be more going on to spread awareness.

The German text says that, based on the picture, Lars can be excluded.

Yes. It's been ruled out it's him based on that the unknown man doesn't look like him. I can't find anything else about this, strangely enough. Not where this man showed up, where he is now, etc., where the picture came from... reverse Google doesn't even show anything.

Yes. It's been ruled out it's him based on that the unknown man doesn't look like him. I can't find anything else about this, strangely enough. Not where this man showed up, where he is now, etc., where the picture came from... reverse Google doesn't even show anything.
Someone in the comments stated the man appeared in Italy.

Someone in the comments stated the man appeared in Italy.

Wish they would require sources like WS... lol

ETA I've been searching all over in German... nothing will pop up, not even when I add Italy in there.

ETA I've been searching all over in German... nothing will pop up, not even when I add Italy in there.

Lol, true. No MSM, no reverse image, absolutely nothing about this guy. For the time being, I put this into my „WhatsApp hoaxes“ box.

Lol, true. No MSM, no reverse image, absolutely nothing about this guy. For the time being, I put this into my „WhatsApp hoaxes“ box.
Maybe he is a refugee, real or otherwise? imo.

Maybe he is a refugee, real or otherwise? imo.

Could be, but I'm more curious right now where the people that sent the Mittank family this picture actually got the pic and the information. I've checked several German newspapers online, and even Italian ones, even though I don't speak or read Italian... but I'd be able to recognize the picture. Just nothing anywhere. I could see if this popped up in the news that people would be sending it to the Mittanks, but so far it's appeared seemingly out of nowhere.

I hope someone got this poor mans consent before taking a picture of him. I think another photo needs to be taken from a different angle. Remember that mans picture that was taken in a hosptial bed and it was sent to lars mum but turned out to be a missing canadian, the picture and the canadians pictures didn't look alike imo. I'm concerned about this man, look at the pain in his eyes. I wonder what the background is of the photo?

How could it be ruled out as Lars? People can change alot in four years, if he is living on the streets he is not going to look like the same man in 2014. He's not going to be blonde, clean shaven, well dressed man. He will have aged dramatically. Wish they would just ask for another photo.

I hope someone got this poor mans consent before taking a picture of him. I think another photo needs to be taken from a different angle. Remember that mans picture that was taken in a hosptial bed and it was sent to lars mum but turned out to be a missing canadian, the picture and the canadians pictures didn't look alike imo. I'm concerned about this man, look at the pain in his eyes. I wonder what the background is of the photo?
Living rough can certainly affect one's appearance, this is the referenced Canadian who was found in Brazil.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/anton-pilipa-found-1.3968958
attachment.php

Attachments

• missing-poster.jpg
    missing-poster.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 103
3CF8EE5A00000578-4205080-image-m-15_1486588562437.jpg

And this is the picture im referencing that was given to lars mum and put on lars mittank facebook page of lars mittank. This is anton as a john doe, when nobody knew who he was.

Well Varna is a seaside resort and has a port. And then there is Lake Varna about 4km south of Varna airport. The airport is surrounded mainly by fields. I wonder how thoroughly that area has been searched. He might well have succumbed to whatever he ingested somewhere out there, just hasn't been found.

The airport he vanished from was the one in Varna, is that right? Because in one video they are saying he vanished from the Bulgarian capital which would be Sofia.

I am from Bulgaria and can tell you that Varna and Sofia are quite far apart. As in 5 hours by drive and a few with a bus.

Just saw this in my FB timeline, posted on a Missing Persons Germany page:
https://www.facebook.com/vermisstemenschen/posts/1893520954054176

There, it says that he is in a hospital in Milan, Italy. A friend saw this on Italian TV and asked to publish the picture in Germany.

If this was covered on Italian TV, there should also be a news article somewhere, right? And where is the picture from? TV?!

People commenting there saying they will contact German TV stations about it.

attachment.php

And this is the picture im referencing that was given to lars mum and put on lars mittank facebook page of lars mittank. This is anton as a john doe, when nobody knew who he was.

He ( Anton) looks quite different in each of the three photos!

I think the guy(german in italy)should be shaven and be given a hair cut and a few more photos taken with him looking straight on.
It has been ruled out as being Lars on the basis his family say it isnt him but he has been missing for 4 years, if he has been living rough, he isn't going to be looking like he did four years ago.
I would still want blood tests to be sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!
Back