Burke Files 150 Million Dollar Lawsuit Against Werner Sptiz???

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You can run on for a long time
Sooner or later, God will cut you down

You can throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's done in the dark will be brought to the light.

J. Cash??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoops- I better get back to church. I believe that's from the Bible. Blushing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
its j cash lol :p

[video=youtube;DQTCS6aWRSc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQTCS6aWRSc[/video]

Sooner or later, God will cut you down

You can throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's done in the dark will be brought to the light.

Good one, but yes it's all about accountability for what we do in this life IMO.

Good one, but yes it's all about accountability for what we do in this life IMO.

Some people think they are unaccountable, because God either doesn't exist (they think) or that God even honors their actions....I would not want to be in their shoes in the Final Judgement!

Some people think they are unaccountable, because God either doesn't exist (they think) or that God even honors their actions....I would not want to be in their shoes in the Final Judgement!

That topic would actually make an interesting discussion thread, :)

"God is dead." -- Friedrich Nietzsche, 1882.

"Nietzsche is dead." -- God, 1900.

Of course Wood arranged it.

I don't think it was stupid. He was accused on the CBS doc of murdering his sister. He fired back. Last thing the general public heard is that he's suing for being falsely labeled a murderer. The general public has went back to watching reality shows and following the Kardashians on twitter.

What would have been stupid is Burke not commenting. Once CBS had labeled him a murderer, more shows(or books) might have taken that approach and it possibly turn into an avalanche. Burke launched a preemptive strike. From this moment forward, wont be any shows bringing BDI to the table unless they've got a lot more evidence or simply willing to risk losing a bunch of money.

I don't agree that it would have less stupid for him to stay quiet.

Paraphrasing Mark Twain - Better to remain silent and be thought a murderer than to speak and remove all doubt. I think Burke himself has helped remove all doubt now. Smiling, laughing, giggling, marveling over his dead sister's weird droopy eye, admitting he went downstairs after John Ramsey says he got him to bed. It was a disaster for him.

If Lin Wood knows Burke at all, he would have had to have known Burke's interview with Dr. Phil would probably not go well. He certainly knows that an interview made it more likely he'll be deemed a public figure for the purposes of civil litigation, making a financial windfall less likely should a defendant choose to defend the case.

I'm convinced there's more to the story. I can see Wood advising against it, but settling for Dr. Phil when Burke insisted he wanted to be interviewed. That way Wood may have thought he'd have more control over the situation. And he did. Dr. Phil did an unplanned damage control episode almost certainly at Wood's insistence.

But the interview was a disaster for Burke. I can't see it spun any other way.

Exactly! All of yalls hard work needs to be shared! Don't worry about reposting links! Remember there are many who don't even post but they do read. Y'all are educating everyone about years of hard work y'all have accomplished. I'm learning more every day! Thank y'all for all of yalls hard work. Keeping JonBenets case out there and keeping her memory alive and seeking justice.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes please don't stray from letting stuff out. I try to read as much as I can. Every link that's posted I click then I can't just read that post but the many others in the thread also. I currently have 6 open threads in my browser I'm going thru as well as ACR. There's just so much about this case to explore and take into account. The links are greatly appreciated!

I don't agree that it would have less stupid for him to stay quiet.

Paraphrasing Mark Twain - Better to remain silent and be thought a murderer than to speak and remove all doubt. I think Burke himself has helped remove all doubt now. Smiling, laughing, giggling, marveling over his dead sister's weird droopy eye, admitting he went downstairs after John Ramsey says he got him to bed. It was a disaster for him.

If Lin Wood knows Burke at all, he would have had to have known Burke's interview with Dr. Phil would probably not go well. He certainly knows that an interview made it more likely he'll be deemed a public figure for the purposes of civil litigation, making a financial windfall less likely should a defendant choose to defend the case.

I'm convinced there's more to the story. I can see Wood advising against it, but settling for Dr. Phil when Burke insisted he wanted to be interviewed. That way Wood may have thought he'd have more control over the situation. And he did. Dr. Phil did an unplanned damage control episode almost certainly at Wood's insistence.

But the interview was a disaster for Burke. I can't see it spun any other way.

Agree but disagree to a point.

Because imo. Its Burke's life and not ours.

Now he has been the OJ/Casey Anthony of speculation since he was 9 years old.

So if he is personally fed up with the media opionated harassment by professionals; Then he has the right to litigate as he sees fit.

Now unless there was a confession or camera in the house that showed BR killing JBR; Then he has the right to sue since there is no direct evidence that he did it.

So imo. Maybe he did do it. But what if he didn't?

So once again imo. Dr Spitz has a nice plausible theory of how and who.

But he doesn't have the beyond a reasonable doubt proof. But he professes as he does.

So imo. Burke has the right to sue if he feels that the Doctor overstepped.

Btw. Most lawyers sends out a cease and desist letter before proceeding on with litigation.

So I wonder how many times has Dr.Spitz been warned in the last 15 years.

Now he is 90 and still gunning for Burke.

But he should have realized that plenty of cops have retired with haunting cold cases that they were not able to finish.

But guess what. They didn't put themselves in a position to get a civil suit handed down.

So Dr.Spitz obviously has made this his final showdown case in the press.

So this civil suit is probably making him salivate with joy as we speak. Jmo.

"God is dead." -- Friedrich Nietzsche, 1882.

"Nietzsche is dead." -- God, 1900.

otg,
Have you read any of Xenophanes writings?

But if cattle and horses and lions had hands
or could paint with their hands and create works such as men do,
horses like horses and cattle like cattle
also would depict the gods' shapes and make their bodies
of such a sort as the form they themselves have.
Ethiopians say that their gods are snub–nosed [σιμούς] and black
Thracians that they are pale and red-haired.[20]

God is dead, which god?

JMOO, but this may all backfire on the Ramsey family and PROVE the murder of Jon'Bennet........then what?

JMOO, but this may all backfire on the Ramsey family and PROVE the murder of Jon'Bennet........then what?

It was said that if the Ramsey's sued Cbs; Then they will be forced to open up the old case Files.

But if they just sue Spitz; Then they wouldn't have to since they are only suing him for statements made.

It was said that if the Ramsey's sued Cbs; Then they will be forced to open up the old case Files.

But if they just sue Spitz; Then they wouldn't have to since they are only suing him for statements made.

Who is "they" in your first sentence?

And why would Spitz be limited in his defense?

Wood claims they'll be suing CBS in CA shortly as well.

I lifted this from here: http://www.bc-llp.com/defamation-california/ because I'm being lazy, but it needs to be kept in mind. Burke certainly has the right to sue, but that doesn't mean he'll see a dime and as passionflower says above, there is a real risk of a backfire for him.

Under the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, where a public figure brings an action for defamation, they must also prove the statement was made with “actual malice” in addition to the elements above. In other words, they must prove the person making the defamatory statement knew the statement to be false, or issue the statement with reckless disregard as to its truth. For example, a politician suing a newspaper over false allegations of corrupt conduct may prove the allegations were indeed false but receive no damages because the statements were not made with “actual malice.” In the defamation context, a public figure extends to a much broader range then celebrities and politicians. For example, a person may be “involuntarily” thrust into the public spotlight during a high-profile criminal case, or due to their relationship with a public figure, without ever intending to receive the publicity.

So if he is personally fed up with the media opionated harassment by professionals; Then he has the right to litigate as he sees fit.

Now unless there was a confession or camera in the house that showed BR killing JBR; Then he has the right to sue since there is no direct evidence that he did it.

But he doesn't have the beyond a reasonable doubt proof. But he professes as he does.

Btw. Most lawyers sends out a cease and desist letter before proceeding on with litigation.

But he should have realized that plenty of cops have retired with haunting cold cases that they were not able to finish.

But guess what. They didn't put themselves in a position to get a civil suit handed down.

Well if Burke didn't want this kind of attention:

Then maybe he shouldn't have killed his sister in the first place.

Who is "they" in your first sentence?

And why would Spitz be limited in his defense?

Wood claims they'll be suing CBS in CA shortly as well.

I lifted this from here: http://www.bc-llp.com/defamation-california/ because I'm being lazy, but it needs to be kept in mind. Burke certainly has the right to sue, but that doesn't mean he'll see a time and as passionflower says above, there is a real risk of a backfire for him.

A article that I read stated that if Woods guns for the CBS entity; Then it will open up more evidence than if only Spitz was sued.

So the article speculated that Spitz would be personally sued first and the cbs suit may be dropped to avoid footage and information that cbs has acquired throughout the years.

A article that I read stated that if Woods guns for the CBS entity; Then it will open up more evidence than if only Spitz was sued.

So the article speculated that Spitz would be personally sued first and the cbs suit may be dropped to avoid footage and information that cbs has acquired throughout the years.

Link?

With the possible exception of financial resources and/or level of insurance coverage, Spitz is no more limited in his defense than CBS is. He can use whatever information he can obtain via subpoena in support of his defense.

Further, if the CBS radio station interview was to promote the TV special, it's very possible - if not likely - that Spitz will be defended by CBS as a part of his contractual agreement with them.

I'm kinda salivating for a trial too honestly. I want answers for JonBenet. Maybe this is Spitz way of giving it everything he has left. To get justice.

I'm kinda salivating for a trial too honestly. I want answers for JonBenet. Maybe this is Spitz way of giving it everything he has left. To get justice.

The truth is the only justice she will ever have, since no one will spend one day in jail for her murder and cover-up. However, they have eternity to answer to God...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back