Burke's school

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BrotherMoon said:
Burke "The Bomb" Ramsey. Tick tock, tick tock, BOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!
Just wait.
The fuse has already grown shorter...
The one article said that the Ramseys moved to MI so Burke could graduate high school there. That tells me there was some kind of problem with Burke in his school in GA. There is no such thing as a kid who attends 3 years of high school and then wants to be uprooted in his/her senior year. And I don't think even the ultra-selfish Ramseys would yank their son out of an environment he felt comfortable in, after all he has been through, for their own personal reasons.

Even if Burke someday feels the need to reveal deep, dark secrets he has regarding JonBenet's death, I don't think he would want to risk losing the financial security he enjoys with neither of his parents behind bars for murder...or, if he himself killed JonBenet, that he'd want to risk losing the money his parents made in lawsuits on his behalf, even though that probably couldn't happen.

He might someday spill the beans to his buddies, especially if he's had a few too many beers, but I won't hold my breath waiting for that. If he already spilled the beans to his pals in Atlanta, apparently nothing came of it.

imo

Burke will establish residency in MI and pay in-state tuition rather than out-of-state. Whether that is why they moved a year before college entrance, I don't know.

He isn't, as incorrectly reported elsewhere, in a private school in Charlevoix.

Candy must not have known which public school he attended. Thanks, LP, for the info.

IMO

Ivy said:
Even if Burke someday feels the need to reveal deep, dark secrets he has regarding JonBenet's death, I don't think he would want to risk losing the financial security he enjoys with neither of his parents behind bars for murder...or, if he himself killed JonBenet, that he'd want to risk losing the money his parents made in lawsuits on his behalf, even though that probably couldn't happen.
Since I don't think BDI, I don't think money will be an issue for him even if his parents are in prison. In any event, he could always take a page out of their book (pun intended) - write a book, do media tours, and otherwise feed off them like they've fed off JonBenet.

Shylock said:
...The one article said that the Ramseys moved to MI so Burke could graduate high school there. That tells me there was some kind of problem with Burke in his school in GA. There is no such thing as a kid who attends 3 years of high school and then wants to be uprooted in his/her senior year...

Well, yes there is a reason for someone to do exactly what the Ramsey's did and it's not an indication of trouble. Burke may want to attend college in Michigan and by moving when they did they can pay in-state tuition, rather than out of state. It makes financial sense.

Besides, it's not like John had a job then or anything that would keep them in Georgia. It appears that he was chronically unemployed up to his job at the web place. But he's looking for a better paying job already...politics.

AutumnBorn said:
Well, yes there is a reason for someone to do exactly what the Ramsey's did and it's not an indication of trouble. Burke may want to attend college in Michigan and by moving when they did they can pay in-state tuition, rather than out of state. It makes financial sense.

The difference between in-state and out-of-state tuition is only $15,000, and that would only be for the first year if they moved after Burke graduated high school. The following year they would be in-state residents.

The rich Ramseys (and poor little rich Burke who has all his civil suit winnings) would hardly be concerned about $15,000. That amount certainly wouldn't be worth taking Burke away from his school and friends.

That's if Burke has any friends. In 7-years not one single kid has ever posted on the Internet to defend Burke. BrotherMoon may be right when he says Burke is a psycho time bomb.

Shylock said:
The rich Ramseys (and poor little rich Burke who has all his civil suit winnings) would hardly be concerned about $15,000. That amount certainly wouldn't be worth taking Burke away from his school and friends.
I agree, Shylock.

IMO the move to Michigan is clearly all about John and Patsy. They are once again putting their own selfish agenda ahead of their child because their need to pretend to be important is a higher priority than being good parents. John's a Politician, y'know. Patsy just wants to be First Lady of Something/Anything and John is all she has to work with. Hopefully their only remaining child won't get murdered in the process.

Selfish agenda? Parents move all over this country every year with their children. Mostly the moves are for economic reasons. I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons.

Sometimes the children are pleased to move, often they are not. Such is life. This is a very mobile society we live in.

I have never--NEVER--N-E-V-E-R--expected nor will I expect "Burke's friends" to post on the internet in his "defense".

I feel sure Burke and his friends know not/care not that this forum is even here.

Unless things have changed I think high schools have different requirements for graduation. Could it be that maybe Burke didn't have enough credits to graduate from his high school in Atlanta but would meet the requirements to graduate from the Michigan school. This would save the Ramseys the embarrasment of Burke not being able to graduate with his class in Atlanta.

Just guessing here. Maybe John has been thinking about this political move for quite a while. It sure wouldn't have been a secret that the guy up there wouldn't be able to run for his position again. There is usually a period of residency that has to be established before one can sign up in an election, but I have no idea about Michigan's requirements. Also, at most colleges, you are able to get in-state tuition status simply by living there when you enroll. The year waiting period usually pertains to high school sports activities and applies to senior year activities. He would certainly be able to claim his in-state tuition if his family owned property and resided there, and he lived with them.

LovelyPigeon said:
I have never--NEVER--N-E-V-E-R--expected nor will I expect "Burke's friends" to post on the internet in his "defense".

Are you at all familiar with teenagers, LP? I'm shocked--SHOCKED--S-H-O-C-K-E-D that none of Burke's friends have spoken up in his defense. Take a trip around the net and see how many pages there are about Harris and Kliebold by kids who knew them at Colombine. If there is one thing teenagers like to do, it's express their opinion, no matter how stupid it might be.

The silence from any kids who know Burke is deafening, and says a lot about his lack of friends and/or possibly the controlled environment he lives in. And now this uprooting by his parents without consideration of Burke just adds to the strangeness of it all.

I sincerely wonder about Burke and friends. I have never heard mention of his interaction with anyone other than his parents nor has there been any articles/talk about school acquaintances. How old is he now?

It will be interesting to see how the unsolved murder of his sister plays out during Burke's lifetime. Is college in the picture for him? (It will certainly be in the news if/when/where he applies.) Would a school not be interested in Burke because of unwanted media attention?

I agree that in college he may get loose-lipped. Do you suppose there will be a time in Burke's life when he will be compelled to give an interview? Burke's parents cannot protect him all of his life, which I feel they are still doing.

Trino, college is in the future for Burke. He has had, and I think will continue to have, a very low key public life, and will stay off the radar screen of the media.

Unless he draws attention to himself, his college life and private life are very likely to remain free of media scrutiny.

I think it's highly unlikely Burke will ever talk openly about the case.

If he does know more than the "public" story, he has nothing to gain and everything to lose by talking. Whether it's actual involvement or just knowing that the facts are different than the ones presented publicly, he has no motivation to make that known.

If he doesn't, he probably firmly believes that his parents have been unfairly maligned, and nothing he says will change that, and he has no love or trust of the media.

I don't think the key to this will ever come from Burke. Maybe when he's very, very old, he'll talk openly, but most of us will be too old to hear him or understand anything he says then... :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills
Back