Burlap and Forensics

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did police ever say burlap sack or bag or did they say wrapped in burlap?

Did police ever say burlap sack or bag or did they say wrapped in burlap?

Articles vary, but I understand them to be wrapped---although you can cut a sack across the bottom and down the side so that you can you wrap with it--

For the other cases, the burlap sack thing is really interesting. I know construction workers and I dont know of any particular construction type job that involves burlap sacks unless something was delivered in them.

The first thing that comes to mind is Sand.
Sand I believe sometimes is delivered in a burlap sack. Like a nice play sand for playgrounds. Sand is sometimes used to mix cement so its possible the construction job could have been masonary worker. Like bricklayers, or foundation pouring or something along those lines.

I've been told that on construction sites woodworkers (AKA carpenters) use burlap to clean up the sawdust or woodchips...my belief is that it's Bittrolff - best POI/suspect IMO. LE doesn't have to charge him wiith every murder if they can't prove it. Once you charge him - you better have the evidence. They may never charge him with the Gilgo cases but if they can put him away for Rita and Colleen that will take him off the streets. JMO for now!

I've been told that on construction sites woodworkers (AKA carpenters) use burlap to clean up the sawdust or woodchips...my belief is that it's Bittrolff - best POI/suspect IMO. LE doesn't have to charge him wiith every murder if they can't prove it. Once you charge him - you better have the evidence. They may never charge him with the Gilgo cases but if they can put him away for Rita and Colleen that will take him off the streets. JMO for now!
You might be right. We may never know.

Articles vary, but I understand them to be wrapped---although you can cut a sack across the bottom and down the side so that you can you wrap with it--

I also recall one of the original reports where a forensics person called it Hessian cloth (used for concrete/cement wet covering while it sets; coffee beans; and sand bags)

I also recall one of the original reports where a forensics person called it Hessian cloth (used for concrete/cement wet covering while it sets; coffee beans; and sand bags)

Were the victims wrapped in this? I haven't read much about this case, but was wondering if you could post a link or direct me to where you read this?

Were the victims wrapped in this? I haven't read much about this case, but was wondering if you could post a link or direct me to where you read this?
I had(may still have an artice and also a separate map where the map had that written on it as a description tag)

wrapped--It's the same as burlene, and the wet covering use(and sand bags) keeps that construction bridge worker theory coming back around--as a side note,wasn't there some type of water table/irrigation reroute or similar type of water redirecting project(sand bags used during the layout) happening near one or two of the residences not far from where SG was found

or something with the mosquito ditches/channels project---btw, burlap is one of the preferred materials to use as a "filter material" to assist sediment screens where there is more than typical water flow volume

wrapped--It's the same as burlene, and the wet covering use(and sand bags) keeps that construction bridge worker theory coming back around--as a side note,wasn't there some type of water table/irrigation reroute or similar type of water redirecting project(sand bags used during the layout) happening near one or two of the residences not far from where SG was found

There are also sandbags used for erosion along coasts, used around /by coastal homes for barriers etc. I think construction workers/laborers would assist on home projects. (example - http://www.27east.com/news/article....ront-Homeowners-To-Discuss-Erosion-Protection).

Thank you CM and Birdy. I read some posts about this guys height, and speculation about if he was small or not. I do know that when a person dismembers a body, one thing that I have read is it is because it is easier to move. So maybe he is small, but if he works outside, he could have a bad back or disability that forces him to cut up the bodies in order to move them. With the burlap wrap, that could be for the same reason, it's hard to pick that body up without some kind of help, or he has to drag or holist it up. So that would help with, that. It also keeps blood and stain down in what ever he is using to transport the bodies, if he is one in the same.

Bissett Nursery- 200 employees-sells to trades only. Supplies from Bissett nursery ends up all over NY State. That would include burlap.

Someone claimed online that Joel Rifkin used Bissett nursery for his Landscaping business. Can anyone confirm this? On theerant forum, a poster claims an employee of the nursery was suspected of being the killer, I assume this means not the owner. Hawk or anyone else, know who this employee might be? The police did raid the nursery after all didn't they?

Bissett Nursery- 200 employees-sells to trades only. Supplies from Bissett nursery ends up all over NY State. That would include burlap.
I understand why LE and others say the killer might be local to the area. He might be a landscaper, a clammer, and other jobs local to the area. Thats what the stats might say. Here is my question. Is there a difference between the burlap used by Bissett nursery and the burlap sold to the trades? Many occupations use burlap. On and around LI.

Isn't the whole burlap thing a secret? Something LE never officially released to the public? If that's the case it would be weird if anyone has some detailed information on it.

I don't know chris, burlap was pretty heavily publicized since the beginning, its the most well known and frequently repeated aspect of the case. unless you mean that the burlap was traced back to bissett nursery, which was is a rumor never released by LE

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrainbow85
Back