CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ontario Mom's article has more updates. I know I don't always click, hope this isn't too much of the article to bring over.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/califo...peak-out-recovery-david-turpin-louise-turpin/

From the article:

Osborn and Caleb Mason represent the older siblings. They say the staff at the Corona Medical Center has converted part of the hospital to make it more comfortable for the seven. They set up an outdoor area where they can play sports and exercise. <snip>

The older and younger siblings have not yet reunited, but they communicate using Skype. In the short term, the attorneys say the older children simply want to go the beach, the mountains and the movies. But over the longer term, they want to attend college and pursue careers.

"I just want you to understand just what special individuals they are," Osborn said. "They all have their own aspirations and their own interests and now they may have an opportunity to address those, which is really exciting."

The fundraising info given in the USA today article matches up with it being more recent. Then the CBS article says they made changes to part of the hospital to make it more comfortable, which seems to corroborate w/ USA today's info.

I know we originally heard the adults were "going" to assisted living and debated what that might mean. I guess it meant staying in the hospital in this case. I wonder why it was reported as it was originally but can think of no nefarious reason. Plenty of mundane or even hopeful reasons though.

It does seem to me the siblings have been blessed with a team that is helping make the best individualized decisions for them and with them. I hope that is true and continues indefinitely. Even after the money and public interest dry up completely.

The fundraising info given in the USA today article matches up with it being more recent. Then the CBS article says they made changes to part of the hospital to make it more comfortable, which seems to corroborate w/ USA today's info.

I know we originally heard the adults were "going" to assisted living and debated what that might mean. I guess it meant staying in the hospital in this case. I wonder why it was reported as it was originally but can think of no nefarious reason. Plenty of mundane or even hopeful reasons though.

It does seem to me the siblings have been blessed with a team that is helping make the best individualized decisions for them and with them. I hope that is true and continues indefinitely. Even after the money and public interest dry up completely.

It seems that Corona Regional Medical Center does have a "Skilled Nursing and other sub-acute care" facility. https://www.coronaregional.com/services/skilled-nursing-services-and-subacute-care

So perhaps they did "move to assisted living" when reported, while still not leaving the hospital per se.

Ontario Mom's article has more updates. I know I don't always click, hope this isn't too much of the article to bring over.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/califo...peak-out-recovery-david-turpin-louise-turpin/

From the article:

Osborn and Caleb Mason represent the older siblings. They say the staff at the Corona Medical Center has converted part of the hospital to make it more comfortable for the seven. They set up an outdoor area where they can play sports and exercise. <snip>

The older and younger siblings have not yet reunited, but they communicate using Skype. In the short term, the attorneys say the older children simply want to go the beach, the mountains and the movies. But over the longer term, they want to attend college and pursue careers.

"I just want you to understand just what special individuals they are," Osborn said. "They all have their own aspirations and their own interests and now they may have an opportunity to address those, which is really exciting."

Really glad to hear that the older siblings and the younger siblings are able to at least Skype and talk to each other on a regular basis.

Something else from that site - in the video talking about the older siblings, it mentions that they are finally getting to experience freedom on a daily basis, including what to wear each day. It seems that for the most part they weren't given a choice on what to wear, and I am guessing they had a very limited wardrobe. All part of stripping away individuality. One thing that article and video stresses is that they are all showing distinct personalities and desires. They are indeed already beginning to blossom forth.
And yes, apparently some of the older ones had never even seen a toothbrush, so that pretty much means the younger ones didn't either.
Glad to see they are doing well. Probably better than expected, considering they didn't have much in the way of role models.

I don't know about anyone else, but it sure did my heart a world of good to read how the siblings are doing. I hope they do get to travel to the beach, the mountains, and see all the movies they want. All normal things, and all things all kids everywhere deserve to experience and enjoy.

Anyone know what time today’s court is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the article:

That is inspiring and heartbreaking, all at the same time.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/us/turpins-child-torture-case/index.html

An amended complaint is expected to be filed today.

I saw somewhere that the time of hearing is 1:30 pacific. But no idea if that is correct and who is livestreaming it.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/us/turpins-child-torture-case/index.html

An amended complaint is expected to be filed today.

So the lawyer is already stating that he would definitely let the older siblings testify, and more complaints might be filed today...
Sounds to me like the siblings very likely have been talking and revealing additional information. JMO, of course, but that's the way I read this.

I saw somewhere that the time of hearing is 1:30 pacific. But no idea if that is correct and who is livestreaming it.

Thanks. I saw 130 after I posted but didn’t know if est or pst. Probably pst at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is so great to hear:

Now on the road to recovery, David and Louise Turpin's seven adult children are turning to music to help them heal.
They've been learning to play the guitar and singing Tom Petty's "Learning to Fly" and John Denver's "Take Me Home, Country Roads" as a form of musical therapy, said Mark Uffer, the CEO of Corona Regional Medical Center, where the five women and two men have been recovering since they were taken from their parents' home in January.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/us/turpin-children-music-therapy/index.html

Hello friends --- I imagine ti will be PST also. Do we have a linky? Can't recall if it will be live streamed

Assuming they want privacy, have they asked for privacy?

I've seen no reports them have.

After all many are adults who have been to Vegas etc...

And bought drinks apparently as the were asked for adult ID hence I find the idea
they would not be able to function in the world somewhat dubious.

Just my opinion of course. I have been wrong before (although I can't provide a link, you will have to
take my word for it) so I could be wrong again.

In my opinion, DT & LT are con artists. They excel in making their lives and family look like what they are not. To me, any quote attributed to them should be thought of as a likely deliberate attempt to mislead the hearer. I am puzzled by the many discussions on this website that don't seem to take this into consideration.

For example, when LT family members quoted Louise as having said some pretty strange things, many commenters felt that the family was making them up for attention. But on the other side, in this example, a neighbor said Louise had told her about taking their children to Vagas for 21st birthday parties and being asked for IDs, and no one (that I saw) considered that it could have been a "story" to support the "loving family" sham.

I believe they had other story lines, too. For her sisters, it was "I have a better, richer, more adventurous life than you do." Like saying she didn't know what money troubles were like, posting glamorous Disney World and Vagas trip photos, details of her "kinky sex" trips to Georgia.

For their religious parents, it was a "deeply devoted to God" story, with "its the Lords will" excuses for anything the parents tried to question. Like, the Lord called them to have so many children. And some of the children "wanted" to memorize the whole Bible. And I read, but can't find it again, where one of the sisters said that in reply to their parents' deathbed pleadings to see Louise and her family, she agreed to come for a visit two different times. At the last minute, one time she said she had had a bad dream the night before and when they prayed about it, they felt the Lord wanted her to stay home. The other time it was something about not being able to bring the children, and not wanting to leave them.

So I would certainly hesitate to form any opinions of their lives based on anything the parents ssid.

In my opinion, DT & LT are con artists. They excel in making their lives and family look like what they are not. To me, any quote attributed to them should be thought of as a likely deliberate attempt to mislead the hearer. I am puzzled by the many discussions on this website that don't seem to take this into consideration.

For example, when LT family members quoted Louise as having said some pretty strange things, many commenters felt that the family was making them up for attention. But on the other side, in this example, a neighbor said Louise had told her about taking their children to Vagas for 21st birthday parties and being asked for IDs, and no one (that I saw) considered that it could have been a "story" to support the "loving family" sham.

I believe they had other story lines, too. For her sisters, it was "I have a better, richer, more adventurous life than you do." Like saying she didn't know what money troubles were like, posting glamorous Disney World and Vagas trip photos, details of her "kinky sex" trips to Georgia.

For their religious parents, it was a "deeply devoted to God" story, with "its the Lords will" excuses for anything the parents tried to question. Like, the Lord called them to have so many children. And some of the children "wanted" to memorize the whole Bible. And I read, but can't find it again, where one of the sisters said that in reply to their parents' deathbed pleadings to see Louise and her family, she agreed to come for a visit two different times. At the last minute, one time she said she had had a bad dream the night before and when they prayed about it, they felt the Lord wanted her to stay home. The other time it was something about not being able to bring the children, and not wanting to leave them.

So I would certainly hesitate to form any opinions of their lives based on anything the parents ssid.

Hesitated to comment on this, but decided to go ahead. I believe you are basically correct on the character of DT and LT. The question is whether they believed they were acting for the greater good, so to speak, or simply using a sense of self-preservation. I never took things they said at face value. For example, that comment about taking their kids to Vegas for their 21st birthday and the kids getting asked for their ID - that seemed too pat of a response to why they looked so young. There is, to my knowledge, no corroboration for such claims. The closest was when the family went to Vegas for one of the wedding vow renewals when one of the siblings was 21. There has been nothing to suggest that there were any Vegas trips strictly for the sake of the coming-of-age child, at least to my knowledge.
My point is, most of the weird stories were originally from the mouth of LT, so should be taken with a grain of salt. And most of them are ultimately tangential to the actual case.

The father made a good living, With all of the tax deductions, he got to keep most of it.

What did they spend it on? Not food, clothing, medical care, toothbrushes for the kids, Where did it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pennypiper