CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These two articles mention Burleson TX. The Turpins rented a post office box in Burleson from 1986-2003 and Burleson is where LT was a witness in a DWI case (but no date is given for that).

This may be the other TX location I was trying to pinpoint from earlier threads. Burleson is sort of between Rio Vista & Ft Worth looking at a map.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article195422789.html
The Turpins apparently rented a postal box in Burleson from 1986 to 2003 as well.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/couple-accused-of-chaining-up-13-children-lived-in-north-texas
Burleson police report that Louise was a witness in a DWI case, but they had no other contact with the family.

Assuming they want privacy, have they asked for privacy?

I've seen no reports them have.

After all many are adults who have been to Vegas etc...

And bought drinks apparently as the were asked for adult ID hence I find the idea
they would not be able to function in the world somewhat dubious.

Just my opinion of course. I have been wrong before (although I can't provide a link, you will have to
take my word for it) so I could be wrong again.
They might not have asked for privacy, I just feel they deserve it. Life is hard, it must be harder when you have lived like they have. Vegas or not, surely they are overwhelmed!

I have been reading the Bankruptcy papers. In the papers DT and LT have listed 4 sons. Anyone else see that?

I have been reading the Bankruptcy papers. In the papers DT and LT have listed 4 sons. Anyone else see that?

Welcome to the forum! If you like doing research like that you've come to a good place to discuss it with likeminded people :)

It has been mentioned before. We've conjectured that one of the siblings has a name that is often used for both boys and girls and maybe the lawyer drawing up the papers counted the name as a boys name and listed 4 boys instead of 3?

I would have thought that if there were any missing siblings between the eldest 12 that one of the sisters or brothers of DT and LT who've spoken out in the media would have mentioned it? I guess we can't be certain of that, but I hope that's the case.

Welcome to the forum! If you like doing research like that you've come to a good place to discuss it with likeminded people :)

It has been mentioned before. We've conjectured that one of the siblings has a name that is often used for both boys and girls and maybe the lawyer drawing up the papers counted the name as a boys name and listed 4 boys instead of 3?

I would have thought that if there were any missing siblings between the eldest 12 that one of the sisters or brothers of DT and LT who've spoken out in the media would have mentioned it? I guess we can't be certain of that, but I hope that's the case.

That is correct. Sibling #8, who was 10 at the time, is erroneously listed as a son instead of as a daughter.

Recent news articles related to the Turpin family:

Police are investigating a break in at the Turpin family house and the thefts of two of their cars.
http://www.kesq.com/news/police-investigating-seperate-thefts-at-turpin-home/702265923

Neighbors still reeling a month after California torture case came to light. Neighbors reflect on what allegedly occurred at the house and how they felt something was off but not enough to contact LE.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02...onth-after-perris-torture-case-came-to-light/

Police are investigating a break in at the Turpin family house and the thefts of two of their cars.
http://www.kesq.com/news/police-investigating-seperate-thefts-at-turpin-home/702265923

Neighbors still reeling a month after California torture case came to light. Neighbors reflect on what allegedly occurred at the house and how they felt something was off but not enough to contact LE.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02...onth-after-perris-torture-case-came-to-light/

I think it is unbelievable that the cars were not seized by police and forensically tested.
They were just standing there!!

Has anyone heard any reports on how the Turpins are adapting to jail life? Seems odd, but then again, maybe those articles aren't usually written until after conviction and they are in their permanent prison.

SBM

"...Riverside police got a LoJack hit on one of the vehicles reported stolen." So, if one or more of the kids did know how to drive, that's likely how they kept track of where they were at all times. Wonder if all of the vehicles were equipped with LoJacks.

If California torture case were tried today, DA said he would put kids on the witness stand.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02...ike-hestrin-tells-corona-chamber-of-commerce/

"Hestrin praised fundraising efforts for the children, noting the community had raised about $500,000"

Usually this would be problematic. Testifying against parents - when put on the stand, and seeing their parents, it could lead to a number of issues, not the least of which is conflicting feelings. He must feel in this case that the siblings, particularly some of the adult siblings, are not in the least bit remorseful about being away from their parents, and would willingly confront them on all that went on and all they put them through.

Usually this would be problematic. Testifying against parents - when put on the stand, and seeing their parents, it could lead to a number of issues, not the least of which is conflicting feelings. He must feel in this case that the siblings, particularly some of the adult siblings, are not in the least bit remorseful about being away from their parents, and would willingly confront them on all that went on and all they put them through.

I wonder if some accommodations could be made where they play the video of the children's interviews or have the siblings testify from another room at the courthouse so they don't have to be face to face. At the very least, the attorney could stand between the witness and the defendant(s).

I wonder if some accommodations could be made where they play the video of the children's interviews or have the siblings testify from another room at the courthouse so they don't have to be face to face. At the very least, the attorney could stand between the witness and the defendant(s).

I wouldn't want them in the same room. They have been so conditioned to respond not only to their verbal commands but even to their gestures and expressions, if some of the accounts we have read are true. I wouldn't want to chance that having an impact on their testimony.

I wouldn't want them in the same room. They have been so conditioned to respond not only to their verbal commands but even to their gestures and expressions, if some of the accounts we have read are true. I wouldn't want to chance that having an impact on their testimony.

That's a great point, SkipperKey3.

SBM

"...Riverside police got a LoJack hit on one of the vehicles reported stolen." So, if one or more of the kids did know how to drive, that's likely how they kept track of where they were at all times. Wonder if all of the vehicles were equipped with LoJacks.

That’s how DT/LT kept track and how they kept control even when they weren’t there. Those kids probably knew if they went one mile outside of where they were supposed to be going and there would be h*** to pay. If they personally didn’t have to pay it, a sibling probably would in their place.

I hope they can be strong enough to not only testify against their parents, but to also be strong to stay firm during cross examinations.

IMO

I hope they can be strong enough to not only testify against their parents, but to also be strong to stay firm during cross examinations.

IMO

Yes! I hope those journals, even if inadmissible as evidence, can be the beacon of truth that gives them strength during cross examination. And I hope they know (and it sounds like they may have an inkling, if DA is saying he's willing and able to have them testify) that they are worthy, loveable, precious human beings, despite the facts of the torture they received at the hand of their parents.

Let these children, over 18 and under, know love. Give them strength no matter what their futures bring. Show them peace; their burdens have been too heavy and not theirs to bare.

I did read further down the blog and it talks about the blogger visiting Disneyland with the Turpins and having a great time! Yea, the grown woman is a cousin on DT's side. LOVED to hear good things about the kids! Do you think the house was filthy and that the kids were being abused back in 2011 when she made that blog? Once sister said several years ago that the house was clean. You wonder when the abuse started? When did the filth begin in the house?

Satch

I don't think it was filthy the way that it is now. Cluttered, maybe, but not filthy. They seemed to care a lot about appearances so I bet they made that they gave good impressions when the family was there.

Even during this visit, the oldest girl was an adult at the time. I wonder if the cousin was surprised that J, as an adult, was still living at home and not attending college, working, etc. I would've been. I mean, I lived with my mom throughout my 20s but I was getting degrees, working full time, etc. and I have to assume that J was not.

I don't think it was filthy the way that it is now. Cluttered, maybe, but not filthy. They seemed to care a lot about appearances so I bet they made that they gave good impressions when the family was there.

Even during this visit, the oldest girl was an adult at the time. I wonder if the cousin was surprised that J, as an adult, was still living at home and not attending college, working, etc. I would've been. I mean, I lived with my mom throughout my 20s but I was getting degrees, working full time, etc. and I have to assume that J was not.

Maybe she was enrolled in some online courses. We don't really know. We have a pic showing some type of graduation for one child. My kids have taken college classes as an online option. Even if I'd thought it was odd though, I'd never have said anything. My out of state cousins, who I saw only a couple times a year, at most, lived differently than we did . I never thought much about it though. I thought their lives were quite different than mine, but no better or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1