GUILTY CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! It's kind of weird that that acapella class doesn't show up on his records. Not that I'm saying she's lying.

Isn't that the class where a girl wanted to befriend him, but then he never came to class again? I think that was on the first or second class, and he dropped it early enough that it doesn't even show on his records, perhaps? I know there is a limited period of time for adds/drops in most colleges

One out of about six older than him? Is that an accomplishment of home schooling?

Exactly my point. Not an accomplishment of "homeschooling" at all. The fact that we have been hearing that their homeschool education was very bad is what gets me thinking about J-2 going to Community College. Again, we are not discussing if homeschool is good or bad in general, we are just talking about this case.

Isn't that the class where a girl wanted to befriend him, but then he never came to class again? I think that was on the first or second class, and he dropped it early enough that it doesn't even show on his records, perhaps? I know there is a limited period of time for adds/drops in most colleges

It will still show with a “W” for withdrawal. Any class enrolled in will list on the transcript with a code or a grade.

It will still show with a “W” for withdrawal. Any class enrolled in will list on the transcript with a code or a grade.
Yes. That's why it was bugging me a little bit. I didn't really like how the person said that he was "mentally disturbed" just because he talked to himself. It's something a bit harsh to just assume. Poor guy.

Only if it’s after the drop period. Courses dropped before the deadline will not appear on your transcript.

If he dropped it during the drop/add period then it wouldn't show up on his transcript, only if he dropped it after that window closed.

ETA: Oops! Sorry Bears. I should've read down farther.

10 Kids Taken From California Home, Mom and Dad Deny Torture

“FAIRFIELD, Calif. — A Northern California woman denied that she or her husband abused their 10 children after authorities said the kids suffered puncture wounds, burns, bruising and injuries consistent with being shot with a pellet gun.

. . .

Rogers said she feels the family is being judged for having so many children and choosing to home-school them.

. . .
Neighbor Larry Magnaye said he had no idea there were 10 children living in the house across the street.

The parents waved when leaving the driveway, but he never saw the children in the yard or heard them playing in the backyard pool.

“It’s a pretty big house,” Magnaye said. “But I don’t know how you can keep it quiet when you have 10 kids. I can’t keep it quiet with one, two you know?”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...fdae40-57d4-11e8-9889-07bcc1327f4b_story.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 Kids Taken From California Home, Mom and Dad Deny Torture

“FAIRFIELD, Calif. — A Northern California woman denied that she or her husband abused their 10 children after authorities said the kids suffered puncture wounds, burns, bruising and injuries consistent with being shot with a pellet gun.

. . .

Rogers said she feels the family is being judged for having so many children and choosing to home-school them.

. . .
Neighbor Larry Magnaye said he had no idea there were 10 children living in the house across the street.

The parents waved when leaving the driveway, but he never saw the children in the yard or heard them playing in the backyard pool.

“It’s a pretty big house,” Magnaye said. “But I don’t know how you can keep it quiet when you have 10 kids. I can’t keep it quiet with one, two you know?”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...fdae40-57d4-11e8-9889-07bcc1327f4b_story.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yikes. Is there a thread for that case?

Both my niece and my son go to the same college J2 went to. My niece never took the SAT or ACT and was able to attend. She was not a good student, but she did graduate high school and so they let her in. She was studying nursing and not just taking fun classes. Also, it is not free, not even for low income folks. My son took a full load and the cost was $600 (the books cost another $600, too!). My niece is low income and was able to get full financial aid to cover the cost.

Both my niece and my son go to the same college J2 went to. My niece never took the SAT or ACT and was able to attend. She was not a good student, but she did graduate high school and so they let her in. She was studying nursing and not just taking fun classes. Also, it is not free, not even for low income folks. My son took a full load and the cost was $600 (the books cost another $600, too!). My niece is low income and was able to get full financial aid to cover the cost.

Wow $600 is so cheap! We pay just shy of $6,000/year for my stepson to attend community college [emoji33]

So, here is a summary of all of the charges.

David Allen Turpin: 12 counts of torture; 12 counts of false imprisonment; 7 counts of abuse on a dependent adult; 9 counts of child abuse; 1 count of a lewd act on a child under 14 years old; 8 counts of perjury.

Louise Anna Turpin: 12 counts of torture; 12 counts of false imprisonment; 7 counts of abuse on a dependent adult; 9 counts of child abuse; 1 count of felony assault.

Please correct if wrong, thanks.

So, here is a summary of all of the charges.

David Allen Turpin: 12 counts of torture; 12 counts of false imprisonment; 7 counts of abuse on a dependent adult; 9 counts of child abuse; 1 count of a lewd act on a child under 14 years old; 8 counts of perjury.

Louise Anna Turpin: 12 counts of torture; 12 counts of false imprisonment; 7 counts of abuse on a dependent adult; 9 counts of child abuse; 1 count of felony assault.

Please correct if wrong, thanks.

I have:
for both: 9 counts of abuse of dependent adult and 6 counts of child abuse.... the rest is the same.

:thinking:

Also from article in post #215 by AnaPisces

More charges for Louise:

David Turpin, 57, entered the pleas Friday in a Riverside County Superior courtroom to eight counts of perjury. His wife, Louise Ann Turpin, 49, pleaded not guilty to three charges of false imprisonment and one of assault.

I wonder how the children are doing now that they have been able to enjoy the wonders of growing up, playing outside, eating abundant healthy food, obtain an education, learn how to make and keep friends, and all of those things they were deprived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova