GUILTY CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This says he was most recently housed at the the California State Prison, Corcoran.
Turpin case - Wikipedia

But, like you, I could not find DT on the California inmate locator. Wonder if perhaps he caught COVID-19 and died—correctional facilities were especially hard-hit in the first year of the pandemic, and he didn’t look like a particularly healthy individual to begin with, so that would make much more sense to me than an out of state transfer to another correctional facility.
I wondered about that too. I even searched obituary's and haven't found anything. I imagine there would be some type press if he had died. Just curious.

Strange. I found a link to what is/was presumably his CDCR page - https://inmatelocator.cdcr.ca.gov/Details.aspx?ID=BJ1523 (found on this Wikipedia page: California State Prison, Corcoran - Wikipedia).

The link works but gives no details other than a tentative date for consultation with the parole board (December 2031; this matches Louise's). But when I do a new CDCR search with that ID # (BJ1523), it returns no records.

Very curious now. I would think even if he changed his name, the # would stay the same. So other than death, what else could explain it?

Strange. I found a link to what is/was presumably his CDCR page - https://inmatelocator.cdcr.ca.gov/Details.aspx?ID=BJ1523 (found on this Wikipedia page: California State Prison, Corcoran - Wikipedia).

The link works but gives no details other than a tentative date for consultation with the parole board (December 2031; this matches Louise's). But when I do a new CDCR search with that ID # (BJ1523), it returns no records.

Very curious now. I would think even if he changed his name, the # would stay the same. So other than death, what else could explain it?

I hope they're not considering letting him out on parole. He's done enough damage.

Turpin Sisters Who Escaped Calif. 'House of Horrors' Speak Out: 'Only Word I Know to Call It Is 'Hell'' (msn.com)

Two sisters from the Turpin family, who were tortured and imprisoned by their parents inside their California home for years before their 2018 escape, are speaking publicly for the first time on a new 20/20 special.

In a 20/20 special airing Friday, Nov. 19 at 9:01 to 11 on ABC, the sibling who placed the 911 call, Jordan Turpin, speaks out alongside one of her sisters in an exclusive interview with ABC's Diane Sawyer.

Jordan and the unnamed sister look great. I’m happy that they are making their own choices in whether or not to reveal their names. It’s extremely impressive that some of the older ones are independent in such a short time period. Good for all of them.

I saw an advertisement for this special on Youtube. I admit, I had been wondering if these kids were going to write a book or tell their story someday even though of course we have no right to hear their story if they don't want to tell it. In my opinion, this will be the first 20/20 worth watching since the episode titled "Trapped" which aired Friday, January 3rd, 2020 and told the story of all three of the Cleveland women: Amanda, Gina and Michelle.

I do wonder if there was an agreement between the siblings as to who was going to do the interview with Diane Sawyer, that is, whether Jordan and her sister are now the siblings spokespeople? Or perhaps, Jordan and her sister are telling their story now and will let their siblings do so in their own time, if at all.

I also wonder if any thought has been given to connecting the siblings to other survivors of captivity such as Jaycee Dugard, the Cleveland women, or even Shawn Hornbeck, since some of the siblings were boys. Or perhaps they could be put in touch with the four boys who were starved and abused by their former adoptive "parents" the Jacksons?

search.aspx

I checked every state’s DOC inmate list and DT is not listed. It does say under CA DOC that a person in transit to another facility will not appear.

CDCR Public Inmate Locator Disclaimer

I saw an advertisement for this special on Youtube. I admit, I had been wondering if these kids were going to write a book or tell their story someday even though of course we have no right to hear their story if they don't want to tell it. In my opinion, this will be the first 20/20 worth watching since the episode titled "Trapped" which aired Friday, January 3rd, 2020 and told the story of all three of the Cleveland women: Amanda, Gina and Michelle.

I do wonder if there was an agreement between the siblings as to who was going to do the interview with Diane Sawyer, that is, whether Jordan and her sister are now the siblings spokespeople? Or perhaps, Jordan and her sister are telling their story now and will let their siblings do so in their own time, if at all.

I also wonder if any thought has been given to connecting the siblings to other survivors of captivity such as Jaycee Dugard, the Cleveland women, or even Shawn Hornbeck, since some of the siblings were boys. Or perhaps they could be put in touch with the four boys who were starved and abused by their former adoptive "parents" the Jacksons?

Probably not best to get a group of people who have nothing in common but having been a survivor. Each case was completely different, with different circumstances.

What is interesting in the Turpins case, is that based on the age of the children, each one may have had a different experience, and outcome. In households with abused and neglected children, there are usually various degrees of abuse and neglect. One child may be targeted for more abuse than others. And in this case, the oldest daughter, was not chained up, or monitored as closely as the others, which is why she was able to contact LEO.

Their story will be interesting.

Probably not best to get a group of people who have nothing in common but having been a survivor. Each case was completely different, with different circumstances.

What is interesting in the Turpins case, is that based on the age of the children, each one may have had a different experience, and outcome. In households with abused and neglected children, there are usually various degrees of abuse and neglect. One child may be targeted for more abuse than others. And in this case, the oldest daughter, was not chained up, or monitored as closely as the others, which is why she was able to contact LEO.

I believe that Jordan was the one who had the phone and escaped to call 911 - she's not the oldest. The oldest girl was 29 (I think!) when they were rescued. Jordan was 17 at that time and 7 of the other victims were over the age of 18. Turpin case - Wikipedia

This is disheartening.

But some officials and some of the Turpin children are now speaking out to say they still do not have access to many of the resources and services guaranteed to them. An ABC News investigation has found that some of the Turpin children continue to face challenges and hardships since they were rescued and placed in the care of the county. Some of them have even faced danger again.

4 years after rescue, some Turpin children still 'living in squalor' despite donations, pledges of support

Wow. After following Websleuths for several years, I am pretty jaded-- but this shocks me.

It's VERY disheartening. I am sooo sorry that our system has failed to uplift and support these victims.

I dearly wish that I could say that I am surprised. :'(

Last edited:
This is appalling. I understand it’s complicated with limited scope of representation and conservatorships and confidentiality, but really?! Joshua should have his bike and the adult survivors should all have adequate food and they should KNOW THE NAME of the person overseeing the funds.

Quoting my own post because I just remembered that @gitana1 practices in CA, am I right? gitana, wonder if you can weigh in on any of this?

This is disheartening.

But some officials and some of the Turpin children are now speaking out to say they still do not have access to many of the resources and services guaranteed to them. An ABC News investigation has found that some of the Turpin children continue to face challenges and hardships since they were rescued and placed in the care of the county. Some of them have even faced danger again.

4 years after rescue, some Turpin children still 'living in squalor' despite donations, pledges of support

This is appalling. I understand it’s complicated with limited scope of representation and conservatorships and confidentiality, but really?! Joshua should have his bike and the adult survivors should all have adequate food and they should KNOW THE NAME of the person overseeing the funds.
It’s disgusting and as I recall, some of us here were concerned about the support they might have as adults. I was especially concerned when they cut the hospital staff off abruptly and despite advice to the contrary. All of it makes me sick. They’ve been through enough.

Jordan was not the eldest child, just the bravest child. Jordan was 17, the elder girl was 29.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay