GUILTY CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a lot of news, but a clear, brief summary of what’s current.

https://crimeola.com/turpin-family-update-7-facts-know/

It has some info about the Oxygen special—as might be expected it is interviews with LT’s family, law enforcement and neighbors. Supposedly it will “track” the family’s history through different houses, etc.

Of more interest to me, the summary also seems to suggest that the four older minors (the teens, who include J-8) are not in a family type foster home but in a group home of some sort.
“The six minors had to be split up due to the amount of care they will need. Currently, the two youngest children are in foster care, while the other four are living in another residence.”

Oh, I hope that’s not the case. I have an admitted bias about group homes, but even without that I would be worried that these vulnerable teens are not in a true
Family style home.

Oh, I hope that’s not the case. I have an admitted bias about group homes, but even without that I would be worried that these vulnerable teens are not in a true
Family style home.

Where I lived in MN the group homes were fabulous. Beautiful homes in wealthy neighborhoods. I had two by me. One was a home that was sold for big money that was purchased for a group home and another one was built for a group home. Stunning.

They have a lot of fun activities. But some had violent clients.

Family style home.

Well, the way it’s worded, they could be with a family. It’s hard to tell. I think that those who are representing these kids have their best interests at heart and have placed them in a setting best suited for their needs, whatever place that is. This case is much too notorious for there to be any slip-ups by those in charge IMO.

Well, the way it’s worded, they could be with a family. It’s hard to tell. I think that those who are representing these kids have their best interests at heart and have placed them in a setting best suited for their needs, whatever place that is. This case is much too notorious for there to be any slip-ups by those in charge IMO.

I thought the wording suggested that they were not in a foster home because it referred to the youngest being in “foster care” while the older four were in “another residence.” Why not say “another foster home” if it was a private house?

It may be that it was judged to be in the best interests of the kids to be in some kind of group home. Or maybe it’s a “made especially for them” arrangement, but not regular foster placement. I don’t know.

I will say that, unfortunately, what “experts” often believe is in the best interests of a child may not turn out to be right in the long run. So we can only hope that what is done turns out okay.

At least it is an improvement on being starved and beaten by their crazy parents.

Where I lived in MN the group homes were fabulous. Beautiful homes in wealthy neighborhoods. I had two by me. One was a home that was sold for big money that was purchased for a group home and another one was built for a group home. Stunning.

The ones here in NC are not like that. There are pretty regular reports of abuse, all the people living at the group home have to do all the activities whether they want to or not, there is almost no room for individual wants and needs. I’m glad they’re not like that everywhere.

“‘The fact that they’re living together is a great sign,’ psychologist Rebecca Bailey tells PEOPLE.

“‘From everything we’re hearing, the support system around them is doing everything they should,’ says Bailey, who is not involved in treating the California siblings. ‘They’re providing a protected space where the individuals can get their feet on the ground, acclimate to the greater world and begin to discover who they want to be and what opportunities are available to them.’”

http://people.com/crime/turpin-california-house-of-horrors-how-children-can-heal/

LT's sister and brother both showing interest in adopting the youngest 6 kids. The sister, however, hedges in saying that it may be financially impossible, since she already has 5 kids. The brother, however, has revealed that he has had contact with the older 7 siblings.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/where-are-the-turpin-children-now-158831

As much as I get the "family is important" angle, I can't help but be concerned with having the kids under the guardianship of somebody who is maintaining contact with (and a relationship with) LT.

LT's sister and brother both showing interest in adopting the youngest 6 kids. The sister, however, hedges in saying that it may be financially impossible, since she already has 5 kids. The brother, however, has revealed that he has had contact with the older 7 siblings.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/where-are-the-turpin-children-now-158831

As much as I get the "family is important" angle, I can't help but be concerned with having the kids under the guardianship of somebody who is maintaining contact with (and a relationship with) LT.

Yeah, I think the kids need a fresh start. I think even foster care would be better for them.

Yeah, I think the kids need a fresh start. I think even foster care would be better for them.

I doubt this will turn into a reality. They haven’t even approached anyone about it yet. If they were serious, that would have happened by now. A fresh start is almost necessary for all of them at this point. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully they will get money from it because they need money.

Who among us is organizing and funding the legal team necessary to secure the IP rights to their 'story' that the media gorehounds have descended so recklessly upon?

Let us not kid ourselves about where such moneys secured for disabled adults & at risk youth most always go, or the scandalous interests of both medical and private placement homes concern in legal authority to procure these peoples, actually are.

I will be somewhat surprised if suicides do not come of this. What a damnable thing to have escaped only to face yet more tribulations, ad nauseum.

Oh my. I hope I'm not being unfair but I don't feel like the siblings would be safe with any family member.

Does someone have a link for Oxygen's full documentary? Their videos aren't even available to watch on my country.
Or can someone who watched it summarize what the documentary touched on for us that can't watch it? Thanks in advance.

:welcome6: to WS and this thread claudianunes!

:greetings:

Does anyone have access to the Riverside court records. I know they are due in court on May 4th to get a prelim hearing date. I have a prelim date of 5/14. :dunno:

and TIA!

I did not get to watch the entire program but just bits and pieces. What I found alarming on what I did watch was that LT's sister and half brother have been in contact with the children. I also saw that her sister would like to adopt 2 children and the half brother wants to adopt 3. I hope for the sake of the children this never happens. Did anyone else watch? Was there anything new to this?

IMPO, there is just something about this sister and half brother that I do not like. I just don't feel like they come across as genuine. I feel as if they are all an act for the cameras.

I did not get to watch the entire program but just bits and pieces. What I found alarming on what I did watch was that LT's sister and half brother have been in contact with the children. I also saw that her sister would like to adopt 2 children and the half brother wants to adopt 3. I hope for the sake of the children this never happens. Did anyone else watch? Was there anything new to this?

IMPO, there is just something about this sister and half brother that I do not like. I just don't feel like they come across as genuine. I feel as if they are all an act for the cameras.

Which sister? The younger one with the red hair? If you're talking about that one, I don't have a good feeling about her either. Actually, I don't have a good feeling about any of the family members. I think it's selfish to say "I'll take 2 kids" and leave the other ones out. There is no way a family member can take in all 13 siblings and none of the family members that we know about seem fit to take care of these children. I hope they leave them alone, it's bad enough that they have this long road ahead of them of recovering and, then, legal issues. Many of them might take the stand against their parents. I hope all of them are being loved and guided by healthy adults right now.

That’s interesting. I’m watching it now and was expecting to feel that way about the siblings. Instead, so far I’ve found them both very credible. The neighbors in Texas, however, seem to be adding details to their stories to match what the DA reported, like the washing to the wrists only.

I work for an agency which runs group homes. Ours are for adults and children with intellectual disabilities, but there are many types. I've worked with several agencies and it can vary widely like anything else. Some are good, some are not.

My late son had disabilities, so I "test" the ones where I've worked with the "would I allow little mr flourish to live here?" I do that mental test when job hunting and regularly thereafter. It makes me remember who it's all about despite what the corporate higher ups pressure us peon local admin about ($$$).

. ... Actually, I don't have a good feeling about any of the family members. I think it's selfish to say "I'll take 2 kids" and leave the other ones out. There is no way a family member can take in all 13 siblings and none of the family members that we know about seem fit to take care of these children. I hope they leave them alone, it's bad enough that they have this long road ahead of them of recovering and, then, legal issues. Many of them might take the stand against their parents. I hope all of them are being loved and guided by healthy adults right now.

On the subject of LT’s siblings talking about adopting/wanting to adopt, I think they are coming from a sense of duty. These are Southerners. They feel that “family” needs to take care of family. They may not be the right ones to have custody (I agree they are not.) But they seem to mean well.

Given that they have families of their own, it makes sense to split the kids. This is the way extended families have always dealt with caring for kids when the parents couldn’t. One relative takes two or three, another takes one or two, etc. It goes back to medieval times or further. Family took care of their own, but they had to spread the burden.

I am not saying it would be good for the kids— And as I already said, I agree that the extended family members should not have custody. But I think these younger siblings of LT are trying to do what is right.

There is no talk of anyone adopting all 13 because it is rare to adopt adults. They are talking about adopting only the minor children. Interestingly, the teen who escaped and exposed the abuse will be turning 18 in Nov (?) and won’t be a minor.

Elizabeth Flores (LT’s sister who writes inspirational books) has a book coming out next week entitled Sisters of Secrets: The Story of Sisters Leading Up to the Turpin Case Arrest.

Quoting from the blurb on Amazon:

“The life story of a Christ-following girl had been written. It was sent to the publisher just a week before the horrific event on January 15, 2018. Her story of surviving abuse, to holding fast to her faith, to be an overcomer was now forever changed. Her older sister, Louise Turpin, had been arrested on child abuse charges including shackling, starving, and torturing her own children.

“The case that shocked the world brought a flood of repressed memories to Elizabeth Flores, the sister of Louise Turpin. Her story now had to be infused with the secrets that started to come out. Secrets of a sisterhood. Secrets buried long ago could no longer remain buried.”

ETA — Elizabeth should not be confused with the other sister, Teresa Robinette. Teresa is the one who is talking about maybe adopting some of the minor children. Elizabeth is the one who visited the Turpins in jail and came back saying Louise was in La la Land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C