CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot answer whether the parents were equal partners in the abuse

Legally, perhaps a distinction, but in reality, of course BOTH of them are equally responsible for the abuse. The chains weren't invisible, the smell and the obvious signs of the children wasting away wasn't noticable to only one parent, the fact that all of the children were completely isolated socially was known to both.

It's incomprehensible, the crimes against their own children both these parents committed.

My god. This is worse than I thought. Those angels. I cannot believe the hell they've lived through. I feel gutted. :(

Same. Much worse than I thought. They had all the power to inflict these damages and cruelty on theses kids/adults.
Not enough punishment available for these "parents"

Thinking of Elvis right now. Imagine how he feels learning these charges.

Thinking of all of us WSers. This is the hardest case I've encountered. I feel the breath knocked out of me.

:grouphug:

PRESSER:

filed 12 counts of torture.
1 count of lewd act on a child - David only
7 counts of Abuse of dependent adult
6 counts of child abuse
12 counts of false imprisonment

Facing up to 94 years to life in prison.
Requesting that bail be set at $13m per defendant.
DA: Bail set at $13 million for father and mother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow!
I feel sick!
I pray they spend the rest of their lives "imprisoned"!

MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Guys... anyone want to join me for a strong bourbon (or few)? I need it after hearing all of that.

The parents knew it was wrong as they quickly tried to get the 3 children unlocked/untied from bed frame when LE arrived!

Maybe they didn't. Maybe these are the survivors. If I were LE I would be all over that property in Texas.

Good point and after hearing what was said today I wouldn't be surprised to hear that there are those that didn't.

The parents knew it was wrong as they quickly tried to get the 3 children unlocked/untied from bed frame when LE arrived!

I couldn't type fast enough to get that posted here during the presser.

:stormingmad: :notgood:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5283091/Turpins-said-leaving-town-hours-arrest.html

David and Louise Turpin were reportedly leaving their home in Perris, California shortly before arrest
Friends claim they had visited to 'say their goodbyes' on the Saturday, the day before police intervened

They were planning to elude the authorities again. :stormingmad:

I'd be interested in checking any areas of disturbed ground at their past and present addresses.

The death penalty would apply here; imo. But I'd settle for life w/o parole.
And let them starve for a good long time !!

I believe if you stop washing your hair, over the course of a few months the oils produced by the scalp settle down and find a natural balance. After that you just need to rinse your hair in clean water to wash dust out.

Apparently.

At boarding school, our hair got washed every two weeks. By the matron. We were not allowed to wash our own. In a European country. Age 13-14. This was normal there and then. You get over it. The hair does just fine.

And we were healthy and well-loved kids.

It's a cultural thing that Americans get queasy over stuff like not being able to wash you hair frequently.....

How I feel for these kids. Not just the no bathing, but they must have been so itchy all the time, the lice, the sores, cockroaches?

So did dad work all night?
I wonder why the sleep schedules. I have so many whys that I probably really don’t want answers to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my gosh.

Please. That was my initial instinct. Please God keep these kids away from any of their extended family.

I keep thinking about what is going to happen to the older kids. I talked to some friends who work with disabled adults. They do have programs where they can live in group homes and are assigned workers who help them learn lifeskills like hygiene, shopping, cleaning, cooking and money management.

Unfortunately, while the hell on earth they've endured is over, I think the older ones are going to have a long hard road and may never recover to the point that they can function like typical adults.

They couldnt even snap their fingers as someone pointed out. A skill learned and assessed in kindergarten. I'm sure this is just one small example of a myriad of skills they were not taught.

The brain develops from complex stimulation. Somewhat like Genie and other people who were severely isolated and uneducated in childhood, parts
of their brains have likely been damaged not only by chronic malnutrition but by lack of intellectual stimulation.

One wonders why creeps like this even bother to keep their kids alive. What's the point of slowly killing them like this.

If it is determined that they have an intellectual disability, they may be eligible for a Medicaid program for adults with IDs. In NC, you can live in your own place and have the supports you need to be able to maintain independent living. Of course here, there is a years long waiting list to get those services. No idea what it’s like in CA, but I assume there are probably better and more options.

There is also a service here called Alternative Family Living where adults can live with non family
Members in a home setting. That person provides the main services with additional help coming in as needed.

Edited to clarify poor wording.

Thinking of Elvis right now. Imagine how he feels learning these charges.

Thinking of all of us WSers. This is the hardest case I've encountered. I feel the breath knocked out of me.

:grouphug:

Thank you for this post. The breeze has been knocked out of my sails.

They let the children look at the pies/food but they couldn't eat it.
They bought toys but the children couldn't play w/them.
Sounds like parents enjoyed torturing their children.

Poor babies :(
Not surprised by the lewd charge and assuming there will be more as time goes on.

At boarding school, our hair got washed every two weeks. By the matron. We were not allowed to wash our own. In a European country. Age 13-14. This was normal there and then. You get over it. The hair does just fine.

And we were healthy and well-loved kids.

It's a cultural thing that Americans get queasy over stuff like not being able to wash you hair frequently.....

How I feel for these kids. Not just the no bathing, but they must have been so itchy all the time, the lice, the sores, cockroaches?

BBM. Whaaaa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member