CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My god. This is worse than I thought. Those angels. I cannot believe the hell they've lived through. I feel gutted. :(

This is worse than I even imagined.

This. This so much. Perhaps I was being optimistic that it wouldn't be this bad, but it's so much worse than I could have even imagined. These poor kids/adults!!! I hope they will someday know just how many people now love them and admire them for being survivors when many of us would have surely given up!

Guys... anyone want to join me for a strong bourbon (or few)? I need it after hearing all of that.

Oh my holy heck, yes. Same.
This entire thing has been more than just difficult to hear...
"Horrific" is a dang understatement. Ugh.

3 were chained to a bed. They were often not released to be able to go to the bathroom.

She had been working out a plan to escape for MORE THAN TWO YEARS!

She needs a medal. Can you imagine the mental fortitude this took? Shero indeed. ❤️

The bravery of the 17-year old boggles the mind. I’m surprised she even knew how to use a phone and knew what 911 was. Horrendous stuff in this house. I hope they can all recover completely.

Perhaps the older child who attended a couple of college classes learned about it & spoke to a few of the older sibs about it

Reminds me of David Eisenhauer and Natalie Keepers - both Virginia Tech students who were home schooled & went to church schools. At UVA, they kidnapped and murdered 13 yo Nicole Lovell.

There seems to be a toxic cultural mix between high intellect/high achieving students who are raised in fundamentalist religious cultures where they grow up isolated from normal society.

I know reporting policies do & have always vary by state, but also know that a lot of laws & perceptions about child protection as changed, nationwide, from 25 years ago.

One obvious core reality of child abuse is that it most happens behind closed doors, unwitnessed by outsiders. Yet, nationwide we insist upon mandatory reporting by a slew of folks, including medical personnel and teachers.

I know from a fairly recent personal experience of reporting (a deeply troubling position to be in, given the stakes for both the parents & child -and any other siblings ) that here, at least, calling CPS about even one's second hand concerns triggers an automatic initial investigation.

Of course it has changed from 25 years ago. That was my point. The neighbor who said that CPS told him that lived in Texas. They left Texas in 2007 and we have not been told what year the neighbor called CPS. The oldest sibling is 29. That call could have been made many, many years ago.

If they washed their hands above the wrist they would be chained up?!

Never seen a dentist, not seen a doctor in 4 years.

Still wouldn’t you think there would have been evidence at least of malnourishment 4 years ago???? I want to know why the doc didn’t report them?

Gitana said:
I'm a huge Disney fan. Most So Cal kids who went as children, are, as it evokes a warm, childhood nostalgia feeling.

I collect Mickey Mouse.... some very old - I'm 70! :D

http://abc7.com/perris-couple-faces-up-to-94-years-to-life-in-prison/2962838/

PERRIS, Calif. (KABC) --
A Perris couple accused of torturing their 13 malnourished adult and juvenile children face up to 94 years to life in prison if convicted of a number of charges filed, authorities announced Thursday.

Several charges filed against the Perris couple include torture, child abuse and false imprisonment. A charge was also filed against father David Allen Turpin of one count of a lewd act on a child.

O-Oh....

way behind (again) - thanks for posting about the arraignment or is this PC??

[emoji44] what???
This makes me really wonder if there are any deceased that are not yet known about!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Someone pointed out bruising on a couple of pics. I don't know specifically where /what pics but black eyes on a girl, bruises on fingers on a boy

Sounds like the oldest boy took a class or classes......maybe a classmate would have some info.......but he could have escaped and notified someone and didn't. Too scared, I guess.

DA said that the children didn't know what a policeman was and some other facts of general information about the outside world. I wonder how at least two of them knew about using the telephone and dialing 911?

Not allowed toys. Were kept in separate rooms. Isolation.

Many children didn't know what a police officer was or what medication was.

With every word of this press conference I am more and more impressed with the ones who planned the rescue.

When is the actual hearing? I need to watch their faces.

Reminds me of David Eisenhauer and Natalie Keepers - both Virginia Tech students who were home schooled & went to church schools. At UVA, they kidnapped and murdered 13 yo Nicole Lovell.

There seems to be a toxic cultural mix between high intellect/high achieving students who are raised in fundamentalist religious cultures where they grow up isolated from normal society.

Whose trials are FINALLY coming up next month!

Sounds like the oldest boy took a class or classes......maybe a classmate would have some info.......but he could have escaped and notified someone and didn't. Too scared, I guess.

How did noone notice he was filthy if he only bathed once a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz