CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My kids participate in Lego Club, Scouts, Dance, Piano, Book Clubs, Geography Clubs, STEM class, Art, and various other activities..so the “socialization” argument is definitely moot in our case. Homeschooling is not the issue here. Cruel parents who abuse their children are.
Well said [emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Do engineers have a "night shift"?! Most I know get to choose their hours, work from home if they choose, etc. It's not like clocking in at a factory when you are at that level.

I mentioned in the last thread that my husband is an engineer who worked in the defense industry for many years, for a company with close ties to Lockheed and Northrup. Night shift is relatively uncommon in the industry, with the exception of "testing". In other words, there needs to be a long stretch of uninterrupted time, with a reliable, uninterrupted power supply, in which to test the products being developed, make calculations, etc. The easiest time to do that is overnight when the rest of the facility is empty. My husband filled in a couple times in one of these positions, and it is the most mind-numbing, but yet easiest, job for an engineer to do. Basically, you're sitting in a room for 8-12 hours, pushing some buttons, and keeping records. The hardest part, according to him, is just staying awake.

Now, I don't know that this is what DT did, as I have no idea what the facilities he worked for are actually developing, but that is the only instance I know of in defense and aerospace engineering that would require a full-time overnight/second shift position. Several people have questioned DT's hygiene, and how his coworkers could have tolerated him if, as presumed, his body and clothes stunk from the filthy home he lived in. This could be a possible explanation for that - he may have been working alone a majority of the time.

MOO, and just some observations.

These children have no idea, either. No context, history, or any intellectual thinking ever... It makes me cry. For this is the spiritual springboard of every teenager. They are supposed to fly!

To fly!

Snipped

This is so true!

I love babies and I loved the motherhood years when I had little kids. I love toddlers - they really capture my heart and attention. I was intimidated thinking ahead to the older childhood years, the tweens, and teens.

But, when we got there, it was a rewarding new phase of motherhood. The kids matured....and so did I! I didn't expect my own maturity and growth as a mother - and it was really cool to experience it.

Our household dynamics changed over the years, and I understand that perhaps some parents don't deal with that change very well....but it's a JOY they are denying themselves. I like the change that I once found intimidating. I like tweens, teens, and young adults (and I anticipate continuing to enjoy the circles of life as we all get older and then eventually add new family members...I will like being a grandma!).

This mother LT was stunted at age 16 or maybe even younger. She is NOT healthy and hasn't been likely since before marriage. She was afraid to mature herself, imo, and abused her children by stunting them in the most inhumane way possible.

I don't know where I'm going with this, but guess I just want to express the joy of aging, joy of mothering all stages, joy of seeing our children grow into their own people and fly...that's the point of it all!

Whew. This case really is exhausting, emotional, painful, bittersweet....

jmo

I've only started down the rabbit hole of this case but your post about the siblings made me think of something I heard on the news yesterday about Louise and her siblings. I don't remember who said it, but it was along the lines of we thought she [Louise] was the most stable, [mentally] healthy of them ( her siblings). Those aren't exact words but something like that. Ans it was a very quick aside like comment, but a very interesting one imo. Maybe it was s friend of Louise and her siblings from when they were young or a family friend. Anybody else catch that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was their aunt, I believe.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Where can I find the CA database? Also, why are they in a database? Is it because of their hospital births? Why were they were so scared to even share their names with their neighbors? Is this some half-assed form of off-gridding? DT has a job with a real company and went to school, and they both have bills, bank accounts, hospital records, etc so we know they're not completely off the grid. But it seems they wanted their children to be, even if they were birthed in hospitals and one has registered for classes.

DT and LT would report a missing baby if one of theirs died? I find it hard to believe they'd want that kind of attention on themselves. Do you mean to suggest they stole a baby?

Snipped for focus.

Regarding the database, I believe it's just about what age should generally be in what grade. I don't think it's about these kids specifically.

Regarding missing baby, I believe what the OP was asking is if anyone else was missing a child of that age. In other words, do we know that the 2 year old is really theirs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I talked to my daughter about this case yesterday. I told her that I was glad that this was discovered and the children are safe. But we also talked and wondered if there were other families out there doing the same thing that has not been reported yet. She said that she hopes that people take notice of any thing weird and call the cops.

Several children have what looks to me like the same shape of imperfection above the bony prominence of their foot. I suppose it could be a shadow, but I am wondering if the spots were caused by being restrained.

View attachment 128995View attachment 128996

http://www.insideedition.com/david-...d-allowed-them-shower-twice-year-report-39940

Just read something about this in my search for long term effects of starvation:

Lack of proper nutrients, specifically Vit. E, B1, B6 and B12 and forget the others, can cause muscles to not properly
develop or become atophied. One such deficiency causes constricture in muscles of lower leg and feet which can show up as
very high, un-natural, arches in the feet. Several of these children had what looked liked 'deformed' feet, when they
were walking and trying to dance. Very pidgeon-toed and crooked feet.

It's gobsmacking to think the dogs are healthier than the kids, isn't it? Now I'm going to wonder if the monsters let the kids interact with the dogs at all.

RSBM. I’ve been thinking about this too. IMO, it’s because the dogs are little and cute, still look like “babies” and probably don’t talk back. Sigh.

I agree with you both. I had a friend from ages 6-14 who was horribly abused. All us kids in the neighborhood knew it. I remember sitting on the curb with her at age 7 or 8 and saying, "Do you know what child abuse is? You are being abused." I mean she had whip marks on her and spoke to some of us kids about the abuse.

Strangely, not one of us kids told a parent or anyone. Although it was obvious to the adults that the parents were weird and super strict and then slowly began to isolate her. The girl was always being punished. She was always grounded. It got longer and longer and more and more frequent until she just stopped being allowed out at all. Eventually they took her out of school and put her in a private school, I think. But the same kind of strange thing as here- we stopped seeing her during the day but neighbors saw her forced to do calisthenics on the lawn at 3:00 a.m. and yard work.

When I got to junior high, I hadn't seen her in about a year. I actually ditched school one day and went to the other junior high to see if she had been enrolled there (because that's what her parents were telling neighbors). None of the kids heard of her.

When I started ninth grade I finally hopped the fence and looked through her window. I could see in. It looked like someone was living in there. I recall a potty type chair (we were 14). And stuff i can't recall that made it seem like she was eating all her food in there.

I called a child abuse hotline. (Still didn't tell my parents!) They sent an officer out who spoke to me and walked with me to the house. I showed them which room. This was after telling them everything about the abuse and how she disappeared. The officer (female) looked in.

The next thing I recall was it was now night time, and officers (she had called for back up) had been waiting for hours. The father and mother came home but went right inside. (I don;t remember if the girl was with them). The police knocked on the door and ordered them to come out. The dad opened the door with a gun in his hand and the lady cop de-gunned him as they pile-drived him or something. It was awesome to everyone (by that time the whole neighborhood was out on the street trying to see what would happen) that it was a female cop who took the lead because the father was a real creepy, stern, patriarch and misogynist.

In the end, she was located and put in foster care for a couple years. Our family got to take her out a couple times during that. But her parents got her back and they all left the state. Never heard from her again.

I had nightmares about her for years, about me going into her room, where she sits in the dark with graffiti all over the walls that she had written, (I don't know if that was true in real life. I don;t think so) and she turns her head toward me and she's insane. But she tells me, "Run. He's coming."

I had that dream several times, with variations. Scary as hell.

Her case was nothing like this one. Not close to as bad. My long point is that even though she went to public schools, and in the middle there one private school, none of the schools tracked her when she stopped going, to my knowledge. I mean kids can and are yanked form schools and kept at home all the time in these abusive situations. So what can be done about that?

I'm sorry to hear this, gitana. You did an amazing thing at such a young age and did what you could to protect this child. The system failed another one.

Just read something about this in my search for long term effects of starvation:

Lack of proper nutrients, specifically Vit. E, B1, B6 and B12 and forget the others, can cause muscles to not properly
develop or become atophied. One such deficiency causes constricture in muscles of lower leg and feet which can show up as
very high, un-natural, arches in the feet. Several of these children had what looked liked 'deformed' feet, when they
were walking and trying to dance. Very pidgeon-toed and crooked feet.

Lack of nutrients, lack of calories, lack of sunshine, lack of exercise....

jmo

On Fox News now; the daughter had been planning her escape for two years.

Terrible......heartbreaking.....

Someone knew how to keep up with time if they are saying it's been in works for two years. I wonder if it's the older son that attended classes.

I had to sign out of here yesterday so I couldn't stick around for the arraignment but I see monster 1 and monster 2 have put in a not guilty plea :notgood:

I want to go back through the thread and catch up as much as I can but I honestly don't know how much more I can read of this sick, sick story :( Thoughts are with the children. :heartbeat:

What did she do all day (or night) while not taking care of her kids??!!

Ate pizza and pie, and paraded around in disney costumes,in between beating and shackling her beloved children, for competing with the dogs for food.

The daytime shackling began around 2010, and all the Disney photos are after that. I think going from military marching at night to a daytime ride on the teacups would have been way too much for those kids to handle. The lights, the motion, the visual stimulation would have been overwhelming. I'm not venturing an opinion whether they did or didn't participate in the rides, it just doesn't bother me that they might have missed out on that at the time. Let them go back to Disneyland and do some rides when they have put on a bit of weight and adjusted to daylight and crowds and basic social interaction in public.

And from what we know about the parents' budgeting strategies, I think paying entry fee for a few staged photos, bulking up on merchandise and then leaving without doing the rides would have fit the pattern we've already seen.
ITA.

I think people underestimate how frightening Disney is, too. It’s not just overstimulating, it’s just no kind of fantasyland, at least for me. Disney movies would put me in a panic as a child. I can’t watch them as an adult. I get terrible nightmares from them, too. I don’t find Disney benign or happy at all.

What did she do all day (or night) while not taking care of her kids??!!

I’m going with watch Disney movies, look at her boxed Disney toys lovingly, in front of the kids, go to the pizza place for a nice lunch, return home with a sumptuous dessert and force the kids to watch her eat it, etc. moo

The antibiotics might be prophylactic? Against septic shock? Just in case something else is lurking?

It’s unlikely that any of the kids have ever had antibiotics, so it’s unlikely that prophylactic doses would be problematic the way it is for most people.

I wasn’t able to edit to add... the kids weren’t exposed to illnesses because they weren’t in public. Highly immune-fragile. It would be very easy for them to pick up every last infection in a hospital.

Not to mention they’re weak.

I wasn’t able to edit to add... the kids weren’t exposed to illnesses because they weren’t in public. Highly immune-fragile. It would be very easy for them to pick up every last virus in a hospital.

Not to mention they’re weak.

Good point. I'm thinking sleeping in urine and feces would lead to infections too.

Let those antibiotics kick in! We all know that feeling when sick with strep, ear infection, UTI, etc. and the antibiotics kick in....imagine if they've been suffering chronic infections and now are experiencing what it feels like just to be infection-free!

Long road ahead of them, but they are on their way.

jmo

attachment.php

https://www.pe.com/2018/01/17/foren...ere-authorities-say-13-siblings-held-captive/

I wonder what books those are.

They look like DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members