CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like they went on one trip with extended family to Disney several years ago. Disney is just an hour or so from where they live. I assume they just drove there to meet family members for the day or maybe even just a few hours. Not likely that they spent much time with their cousins.

I'm sure they have seen cell phones, since their parents had them in the house.

My question is: how did the 17 year old girl know to dial 911? (Some of the children didn't know what a police officer was.)

How did she know that the deactivated phone would work?

True. I don’t know how she would know about the deactivated phone’s capability or if she even knew the phone was deactivated. The older kids would have been taught to dial 911 in elementary school. I wonder if one of the older survivors mentioned it. I have seen reference to the oldest son helping her escape. If it was an older phone, such as a flip phone (like referenced on 20/20) it would be easier to figure it vs an IPhone.

This photo (Louise Robinette) makes me think of a dating profile. Makes me wonder if she was going to a sperm bank or trying to find a sperm donor, for the next baby. Gets herself in great shape, all primed to conceive again.... ALL totally IMO and all that.

Here’s the profile pic from 2013.
29671734f2528cb189e64812694c29f3.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/louise.robinette?tsid=0.6637919577961491&source=result

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMHO I think this picture is LT at age 18-20. The skin on her hands looks to me like someone very young. I think it's a picture of her in the early years of marriage before she had children because she created that page LR after she was married. It is likely a favorite photo of hers that she has kept through all her moves or something she found on a Facebook friends page and uploaded from there, maybe DT created the account, I do not know.

Look at the sign on the wall, idkw it strikes my oddly, it's a rule and here she is unwittingly posing in front of it

She hasn't hired a lawyer - because of conflict of interest issues, they have to have separate lawyers. They're both "public defenders" so to speak. The Turpins aren't paying for them.

I wish all these former neighbors and relatives that have pertinent information about prior behavior of the parents would not speak to media. Their testimony will be needed at trial and telling it to the media may diminish their credibility. They should stay off the airwaves, out of the press and not appear on Dr Phil. I guess I’m asking too much.

I wondered that myself. Maybe that's how they celebrated their birthdays??? Or maybe it was on their trips to Disney and Vegas???

^^ RBBM

I think definitely before the trips, but otherwise that's a twisted enough reason for one shower a year.

It was their birthday present each year from Monster Mom & Dad! A shower.

Yes, I would not be surprised in the least

I have wondered about that too. My guess would be that the police arrived at the door in a group, banged loudly on the door, and yelled police, open up. Whoever answered the door, they would have told that they had a report of child abuse, and needed to see all the children immediately. The children may have been unchained at that time. Or they certainly had enough probable cause with the pictures, so they could have forced their way in. In which case, they may have unchained the children while that was happening. But I don't think that is very likely. Doing it that way would have been risky and probably unnecessary.

I read someplace that it was some of the other JT's that unchained the two siblings. I don't have a link and have no way of knowing if that is true, but it is a possibility worth considering. (Might have been something Nancy Grace reported.)

I wonder if the other JTs all knew that their sister went for help? What were they doing while they were waiting? Were they preparing in some way?

Coming from large family himself could play part on such large family. Some listed in obit were some commenting on photos and tagged. They may know more what going on.

I agree. I was reading some of the blog by his brother and some of the info about the grandfather. It was very reminiscent of extreme charismatic Pentecostalism. I don’t think DT parents believe there is abuse because they may not believe it IS abuse. I have the impression they may have the attitude that ‘religion’ excuses their behavior.

The photo of LT be one of her sisters and that oldest Turpin daughter. It looks like a birthday cake that us Minnie Mouse, baby girl has a Minnie outfit on, so jmho Disney has been something they have liked for long time.

^^ RBBM

I think definitely before the trips, but otherwise that's a twisted enough reason for one shower a year.

It was their birthday present each year from Monster Mom & Dad! A shower.

Yes, I would not be surprised in the least

About the showers - I wonder if one person per month took a shower? jmo

I have admittedly had to skip pages to try and keep up here, but I have a question I haven't seen addressed. The brave young woman who called 911, has anyone said if she waited outside for police or if she had to crawl back into that house and wait to be rescued? I am 100% sure she was terrified, shaking uncontrollably, scared to death that nobody would come, and also scared to death about what might happen if they did. My heart breaks for all 13 children in this family, but I can't help feeling the same mix of emotions for this 17 year old that I felt for Michelle Knight...my grief at what she had to endure is equaled by my awe of her strength and bravery. She saved 13 people. She did it with all odds against her. And with little knowledge about what was waiting on the other side. Cases like this smack you in the face simultaneously with the horrifying depths of depravity people are capable of, and also the shocking resilience of the human spirit. I am humbled by this young woman. Not thing #8. Not victim #8. She has proven herself to be neither.

IMHO I think this picture is LT at age 18-20. The skin on her hands looks to me like someone very young. I think it's a picture of her in the early years of marriage before she had children because she created that page LR after she was married. It is likely a favorite photo of hers that she has kept through all her moves or something she found on a Facebook friends page and uploaded from there, maybe DT created the account, I do not know.

Look at the sign on the wall, idkw it strikes my oddly, it's a rule and here she is unwittingly posing in front of it

I believe it was some time in between when the last two children were born. The fashion and nails don’t look typical of the 80’s for me. If you zoom in you can tell she is in Target

Or they've lost their faith that LE will do anything. I once called DSS on this lady in our neighborhood who's kids went to school with mine and the daughter of my best friend, who also happens to be this crazy lady's neighbor. Crazy lady would send her kids to my friends house in WINTER at 5 am dressed for school with a pillow and a blanket to wait on my friend's porch swing for a ride to school. crazy lady never asked my friend to give her child a ride just left her there. Usually had not had breakfast and rarely brought a lunch. That's just one of many insane things this lady did. My friend is very kind hearted and helped these kids but was too afraid to call DSS. So I did. The agent completely bombed the whole thing. Told crazy lady everything she'd need to know to know who reported her. Point blank asked her if she did xyz. Omg. Shouldn't have even bothered. They did nothing but get get the woman realty irate at both my fiend and I. Way to protect our safety and confidentiality there lady. So stupid.

King Turpin Jr is/was DT grandfather according to the obit posted for DT grandmother. There is a book written by RT and extensive family tree/blog online. There is even a FB group for King Turpin Jr descendants. The extended families seem deep rooted in religion but there have been several comments that DT and LT had abandoned their religion.

Thanks for this...and thanks to ZoriaNZ for bringing this up.
DT may have abandoned his religion, but he was likely steeped in it as a child and young adult. It left its mark, I suspect.

I agree. I was reading some of the blog by his brother and some of the info about the grandfather. It was very reminiscent of extreme charismatic Pentecostalism. I don’t think DT parents believe there is abuse because they may not believe it IS abuse. I have the impression they may have the attitude that ‘religion’ excuses their behavior.

Oh we see this craziness at a local church. it's not a church it's a freaking cult-- the things they can justify are unbelievable.

Rosesfromangels, that is a very interesting question...

I don't know anyone who ever worked with a company that did work for the Federal government, so I don't know what is involved in getting clearance. But you would think that at some point, it would involve someone paying a visit to the house and talking with the spouse at the very least. I mean, I guess it would really depend on what level his clearance had to be, but I know that General Dynamics and Northrup both build military aircraft. If you're working at a company that is anyway involved in defense contracts, you would think there would be very detailed background checks. And it seems like I read somewhere that they do even talk with family members. What the heck happened there??

I'd have to look at the timeline again, but is it possible THIS is why he and Mommy Dearest were living somewhere else separate from the kids at one point? Maybe it wasn't the trailer. Maybe they had another house or apartment somewhere that looked more "normal" so he could pass background checks? I know this is a lot of speculation and theorizing, but it would kind of make sense. If so, these creeps somehow managed to fool the government too?
The young woman who lived across the street from me went to work for the FBI after college and the FBI requested three Neighbor references as a part of her security clearance process. An agent came and visited each of us in our homes and asked very detailed, probing questions about her and our interactions with her through the years. We had moved into the neighborhood when she was 2 and she was graduating college at 22. I don’t remember if they visited in her home as well but it was pretty in depth and probing the type questions they asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member