CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm HOPING that now people will be calling if they suspect "something" going on in their own neighborhoods. Maybe this case will get them to do SOMETHING!!!

and a belated Happy Birthday Doghairrules!

:bdsong:

:confetti:

:balloons:

:cake4u:

They will plea bargain. There is no way any responsible legal counsel would let this go to trial. They have no chance of being acquitted. A trial would be bad for everybody involved.

I was thinking that as well. There really is no wiggle room here.

'It is the reason they moved to California to be nearer to Hollywood,' Lambert said of Louise's desire to become a star, like Kate Gosselin and her children.

Lambert and Louise's younger sister, Teresa Robinette, shared more details of the twisted life of their sister and her husband in an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com.

'Only last month Louise told me her and David were planning to have another child,' Lambert said.
‘I asked her why on earth they wanted more children and she said about wanting a reality TV show.'

Lambert said that Louise 'thought the world would be fascinated by their lives. He added: 'They thought it would make them millions and household names. They didn’t care about the kids – it was all about them.'

Lambert was the last person to speak with Louise Turpin before her arrest.
~snip

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ted-children-TV-show.html?ito=social-facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe this, the torture and abuse would quickly be identified with TV cameras about!

I don't believe this, the torture and abuse would quickly be identified with TV cameras about!

I believe she said this but I don't believe it was true. I'm sure it was her fantasy to some extent but she must have known it wouldn't be possible in her family circumstances.

On the subject of that second picture. Why are people leaving all that trash on the front lawn? It's not like the kids are going to be there anytime soon, to see it. I wish I could understand the mentality of the people who do that. What do they think they are accomplishing?

While I've never done this myself, I think people who do so may do it with a mind to showing the kids how valued and loved on they are. Particularly in this case where the victims are still living and may run across their story in the news or internet someday.

Seeing flowers, balloons, and teddy bears beats seeing comments about their awkwardness, appearance, and hypothetical genetic flaws in any case. :rose:

Dammit, why is it the Daily Mail who is running most of the updates on this story? It’s a vile, hateful tabloid which I would normally refuse to read.

Maybe you hate it, I love it. I read it everyday.

'It is the reason they moved to California to be nearer to Hollywood,' Lambert said of Louise's desire to become a star, like Kate Gosselin and her children.

Lambert and Louise's younger sister, Teresa Robinette, shared more details of the twisted life of their sister and her husband in an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com.

'Only last month Louise told me her and David were planning to have another child,' Lambert said.
‘I asked her why on earth they wanted more children and she said about wanting a reality TV show.'

Lambert said that Louise 'thought the world would be fascinated by their lives. He added: 'They thought it would make them millions and household names. They didn’t care about the kids – it was all about them.'

Lambert was the last person to speak with Louise Turpin before her arrest.
~snip

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ted-children-TV-show.html?ito=social-facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like she got part of her wish. The world certainly is fascinated and she has become a household name.

I haven't even got caught up here yet but I can't stop wondering how these children are doing. I hope they are recovering better than we can imagine. I especially cannot get the oldest ones face out my mind, considering we know she was the one authorities were most concerned about. I hope the level of concern is not having to be so great. :heartbeat:

If my parents had gotten word that I called another child a derogatory name, or made fun of them, I cannot begin to imagine how disappointed they'd have been in me. I'd have definitely been punished. I am not sure what type of punishment, but it would have been memorable. 1st - 12th grade it would have been unacceptable.

I never said kids should be cruel, name call ect.... <modsnip>

That person never said they picked on J<modsnip>. Just didn't reach out and befriend
and I would caution against teaching a kid their needs are less important than others. Yes I would. It's not selfish or cruel want to be comfortable in a school you have to be in everyday, when your seven or eight yrs old.

(With older kids/ adults it is different. Hopefully they know by then not to sacrifice themselves on someone else's alter and can make more giving choices).

Young children are learning how to care for their own ego needs too, and it should not be a shameful punishable offence to want to fit in with their peer.

(Again, I am NOT suggest picking on others is ever OK at any age!).

My prediction for the plea bargain:

12 counts of torture - dropped
12 counts of false imprisonment - guilty plea
Seven counts of abuse of a dependent adult - guilty plea
Six counts of child abuse - guilty plea
One count of sexually abusing a child - probably dropped.

On the 25 counts they will be sentenced to 25 consecutive sentences. Which will equal multiple life sentences.

And why would these charges be dropped? Because of the guilty plea?

I wondered if maybe the police officers surmised that it was once a year or so from circumstantial evidence - eg, "we were allowed to shower before photo sessions", and the police can see from computers and downloads that there were photo sessions once a year.

Don't know if this article/ information has been shared yet, claiming they had hopes of a reality TV show. If the situation wasn't so tragic, the idea that Louise thought she had a reality TV formula here is laughable. It shows that they were both delusional enough to dismiss their torture as an off-day, and when they had their reality show it would all be different, just like the next baby was going to be different, and the next wedding renewal was going to be the one where they really pulled their relationship together.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...w/news-story/b9db69f7820982e450d8b6fa71b97f0b

I see the disintegration happening from two or three pressure points: (1) they really couldn't manage and they were completely overwhelmed, trying to make the impossible stretch between their imagination and reality; (2) they were sadistic enough to punish the kids for being real growing children with needs - it takes a lot of evil to watch a person starve, let alone all your children; (3) the worse it got, the more frail the children became and the more messy the house became, there was more pressure on them trying to figure out how to manage the next step. So there's a downward spiral, with occasional highs where they dragged out the red t-shirts and blue jeans, mocked up a perfect family photo, told the sister airily that they don't know what money problems are, and then they start again from point one.

Hadn't thought about the once a year showers coinciding with picture taking or going to Disney/Vegas. That makes sense.

They wanted a reality show because they had 13 children---even though 7 of them were adults and that's why they moved to California? To be closer to Hollywood? I think Billy has been hanging around his sister too much. In a reality show, the cameras are in your face all day. There's no way in hell they wanted anyone to see what they were doing to those children.

I don’t buy it. One article has a screen shot where LT says they moved to CA because David’s job. I have no doubt DT/LT are weird like that, but I think it is more likely they moved for work and to avoid CPS in Texas. This brother seems ‘off’ himself. I think the family we have seen are taking advantage of the attention.

I'm HOPING that now people will be calling if they suspect "something" going on in their own neighborhoods. Maybe this case will get them to do SOMETHING!!!

I agree, but unfortunately there is a fear of the "system" that will be very hard to break. A few months ago I discovered that a dear sweet elderly neighbor had gotten to the point where she could no longer live alone. Her daughters were aware that she was sick and becoming very frail, but failed to provide any additional care. A neighbor found her laying in her yard where she had been for 6 hours. She fell while picking grapes and couldn't get back up. After that a neighbor and I took turns checking on her, bringing meals, walking her dog, simply visiting for a few days. When it became obvious that her daighters were not going to do anything to provide for her care, I called social services. She was hospitalized for two weeks and then moved to assisted living.

Social services must have told them that I was the one that called, since the family is furious and won't tell me where she is now living. Even my liberal, caring, loving daughter was upset that I called and got her 'put into the system.'

BBM
I think most kids finish 1st grade somewhere around 7- 8 years old. I don't really think that the amount of education she has is an accurate measure of her intelligence. She may have only been taught the basics in reading, and not much more than counting for math, but that doesn't mean she couldn't have reasoning abilities, some common sense, and the ability to make plans. I really think they all needed to have a reasonable amount of those skills, in addition to the patience of a saint (to wait for the perfect time), and obviously a lot of inner and physical strength to survive what they've been through. I just hope they have a lot of people reminding them of those strengths they do have rather than just focusing on what their deficiencies are. I know it's often easy to get lost in the "we still need to do this, learn that, etc." mode, and forget to remind ourselves what we have done and learned, and give ourselves credit for the advances we've made in life. MOO

I agree with this.

And our second grader is definite evidence of having that knowledge at that age. She might not know everything she needs to know about the world, but she sure can hack into my iPhone to Facetime her relatives across the country :D lol.

You can't measure intellectual levels with stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman