CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know, could you just put on a KK hat while there or is possible he actually worked there? I’ve never been to a KK so don’t know, are they available to put on sort of like the BK crowns used to be?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm behind and this has probably been answered but yes they give guests hats. Especially little kids.

(ETA and off topic: I'm with whoever didn't like Krispy Kreme. Ugh. Sickenly sweet and a weird chewy and then paper texture.)

Exactly! You'd think the relatives would smell a rat when the older kids did not go to college, get jobs, get married, or in general do the milestones that most young adults do. And even if the family had been told that the older ones had disabilities - as I've pointed out, there is now a tremendous emphasis on further education and employment for young people with disabilities unless they are very low functioning.

Even with family I'm not close to (cousins, etc.) who I mostly know through Facebook and Christmas cards, I have an idea of how old kids are and what they are supposed to be doing. Combined with the homeschooling and reclusiveness, my spidey senses would be going off like whoa.

I hope the relatives are not allowed to be around the kids and young adults without supervision, and doubly hope that they don't get power of attorney or access to the funds being collected for them.

One of the biggest questions that should pop up for any family or friends is how did the adult girls REGRESS in terms of puberty and development. I mean are we just able to see things very clearly now in hindsight?

The overall thinness is not my main issue. I was that thin all through childhood into my mid-twenties. My niece who is 19 is insanely thin. I have a cousin who is also that thin.

But those girls had some development in the blue shirt photos and then suddenly they're flat as boards in those horrible wedding videos.

There's something so wrong there.

Maybe that's something that isn't as obvious at the time or that they felt might be rude to ask about?

The children rarely emerged. Soon after the family arrived, one of the older girls tried to run away but was returned by a local resident

So a local resident returned one of the survivors after she attempted to escape. (When they lived in Texas) This is the attempt that we know of where she ran away and asked an adult for ride and inquired "How do you get a drivers license? How do you get a job?"

Red Flags everywhere. And not standard "runaway" behavior/questions. I would have driven her straight to a police station. I'm sure the person did not realize or did not feel suspicious.

So many times these parents could have been reported. SO many times. In different states and throughout the years.

I just can't.

http://beta.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-na-perris-texas-20180120-story.html

Excellent question. I've lived in several neighborhoods and in each there's never been a question about a particular neighbor. We've known all the neighbors, at least to say 'hello' to, and have known their children. We've never known a situation where we were concerned about a neighbor's children. So, it's a difficult question to answer. I would suspect that some people don't want to be seen as being 'nosy.'

Do you know of anywhere online where I can see the 20/20 video?

20/20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHyFnAu9h7I

Where did the photo from donut shop come from? Was it on FB?

I'm wondering who took the photo? Maybe our favorite 17yo hero?

jmo

I also do not think DT is or will turn out to be the "wimpy" "weak" "follower" some are assuming. He was aggressive enough to engage in alleged sexual predation on his 14 year old daughter.

I do not believe one iota that he was just some docile, weak-minded, follower that deferred to LT.

Not by a longshot.

I tried to comment and link to one of the middle aged girls being unable to (to me) sound her name properly in the long wedding video.
I'm very happy to say that that video seems to have been removed in its entirety.

Edit: the other thing that i wanted to say; it infuriates me that their personal journals could be bandied around to fecking academics or whoever, is this really a thing? i know that they will need to be taken for the court case etc etc, but can they really be used and given to whomever is deemed fit by other people?

I know we learn off different scenarios, will they seek permission off the authors if they use them for research?

Imagine how amazing it would/will feel when they can have warm, baths. ❤️. I hope they are all well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can bet those once a year showers were far from enjoyable. They were probably monitored and chained if they took to long.IMO

I was reading through the posts, trying to catch up once again. I was suddenly struck with the thought of Christmas, only a few weeks ago. Did they have a tree or any decorations? Did the youngest get gifts? Did the parents exchange gifts and make the kids watch? Was there any sort of holiday scticity and the kids were denied to take part? I can imagine there was some way the holiday was used as another form of torment.

It just broke me up all over again :tears:

Other than the sighting of them putting up a Nativity, I doubt there was any sort of Christmas cheer in that house :(
There were toys in the house, but they were all in their original packages.
Just like the food...the toys were there to be looked at, not played with.

Oh yes, I agree 100%. No way she is a battered woman. It easy to fall for the men are more likely to be perpetrators, or, in a couple situation like this, to assume the man is the primary instigator. They tried to pull that crap with Jodi Arias and her psycho self and probably all other female killers/abusers. It is statistically true that men commit more violent crimes than woman, but when women do they do it in a dramatic and profound way. My psychology and human behavior background leads me to believe with a high degree of certainty LT haS borderline personality disorder. The family environment she was raised in in combo with her tendency to be willful rebellious and stubborn as a child are prime breeding grounds for personality disorders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your comments are so interesting. I wish that I could be as certain as you are that she's the main perp. I still maintain
that one was probably more violent/aggressive and the other went along with it and maybe was minorly abusive.
I just can't get past my opinion that they're equally responsible for the home environment as either one could have
stepped in and changed things if they really wanted to protect the children. But neither did. I can't picture that little,
short mother strangling the children or beating them. Starving, ok, I can see that. And of course they both had to be colluding to keep all the family secrets within that household. Wonder if she was aware of the sexual abuse?

Although...did you see the update in the article??

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2018/01...-with-torture-child-abuse-false-imprisonment/

UPDATE Jan. 21 2018, 12:10 p.m. PT: Sources familiar with the investigation tell Crime Watch Daily with Chris Hansen cadaver dogs may be used at every known residence of the Turpin family.

RSBM

So it's official, then.
LE must have reason to be conducting these searches. Good god...what else have these despicable Turpin's done ??
Maybe other family members knew what was happening-- but they thought it was normal, and a religious way of raising your kids ?
:moo:

I'm behind and this has probably been answered but yes they give guests hats. Especially little kids.

(ETA and off topic: I'm with whoever didn't like Krispy Kreme. Ugh. Sickenly sweet and a weird chewy and then paper texture.)

One of the biggest questions that should pop up for any family or friends is how did the adult girls REGRESS in terms of puberty and development. I mean are we just able to see things very clearly now in hindsight?

The overall thinness is not my main issue. I was that thin all through childhood into my mid-twenties. My niece who is 19 is insanely thin. I have a cousin who is also that thin.

But those girls had some development in the blue shirt photos and then suddenly they're flat as boards in those horrible wedding videos.

Maybe that's something that isn't as obvious at the time or that they felt might be rude to ask about?

I don't recall where I saw it (probably blocked it out due to horror) but in a still of the wedding video one of the older females to the left has her arm raised and it is bone with scant flesh surrounding the bone.Horrible. IMO

So she sometimes brought one daughter to the pizza place but only a slice for herself. I wonder how she decided who would go with her, was it a reward to get out of the house, or Louise felt she had to keep an eye on that child and didn't trust her to stay home and do as she was told.

The only thing I've seen mentioned is the Nativity scene - hey, gotta keep up appearances. :( Going by what LE found, i.e. kids had no toys, yet LE found brand new boxed toys within the house - I'm guessing the monsters used those to further torture them as they did with the food. :( jmo

Source: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/wor...-perplexed-to-see-police-arrive-a3741946.html

Yes, now that you mention the Nativity I do recall that.

I also thought about grandparents or aunts/uncles. Did none of them send gifts or cards for bithdays or holidays? Surely they knew where they lived some of the time. How many of the unopened toys were brought into the home by the parents, or may have been gifts from other family? Just musing, no reply really needed.

I also do not think DT is or will turn out to be the "wimpy" "weak" "follower" some are assuming. He was aggressive enough to engage in alleged sexual predation on his 14 year old daughter.

I do not believe one iota that he was just some docile, weak-minded, follower that deferred to LT.

Not by a longshot.

Docile spouses of very personality disordered people is pretty common from various things I've read. (One of the best books I've read about personality disorders is Understanding the Borderline Mother. Easy and incredible read.).

But I agree. This appears to be a joint effort. I think they are equally "depraved". A match made in hell. A perfect storm that led to insane destruction of several young lives.

Oh lord. Please don’t say their breasts were being taped to make them look younger!! Children’s rates at Disneyland?

My .02 is that they were starved even more before the wedding videos ? Or had Ace bandages wrapped around their chests ? It's horrible to think of.
And also-- Re: the "lewd" act ... maybe DT 'likes' little girls ? And he wanted all of those girls and young women to 'look like 'kids' ? Wouldn't surprise me.
:moo:

Yes, now that you mention the Nativity I do recall that.

I also thought about grandparents or aunts/uncles. Did none of them send gifts or cards for bithdays or holidays? Surely they knew where they lived some of the time. How many of the unopened toys were brought into the home by the parents, or may have been gifts from other family? Just musing, no reply really needed.

How much do you want to bet the toys were for the parents. Disney collectibles.

Two of my own musings amid all this horror:

I have never seen anyone look at their significant other with such an intent and utterly besotted expression as LT manifests in the "wedding";

and DT seems to be overcome with emotion to the point where he can hardly speak, and wipes his eyes - what's that about? -

no answers, really, I think I'm just trying to make sense of the inexplicable.

When do you think there will be another press conference or release of info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member