CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, he definitely provided more details than I thought he would. I just wonder when they will release more info. Maybe when the victims are ready to leave the hospital?

That seems reasonable. I hope that their location will be kept under wraps.

So she sometimes brought one daughter to the pizza place but only a slice for herself. I wonder how she decided who would go with her, was it a reward to get out of the house, or Louise felt she had to keep an eye on that child and didn't trust her to stay home and do as she was told.
JMO LT would take one, today's "best" one, and the others were threatened that if they escaped from the house or did anything they would never see that "best" one again - that child was actually the hostage of the day.

Was the 17 year old that escaped the same child the lewd act charge related too?? Trying to decipher reports and msn but it gets confusing with no names used. Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it is the same child. Jor T

What Krispy Kreme photo? I don't think I saw that one. TIA

SABBM

I'm thinking this was brought up elsewhere -- and not just the DM.
Makes my hair stand on edge... WHY DID SHE THINK THIS ??
(sorry for the caps-- just feeling even more horrified)
Had it ever happened before --- that a child was forever silenced ?

Is the possibility that the children are now speaking up-- the reason for bringing cadaver dogs out to not only one-- but all of the properties previously owned by the Turpins ?

If there's more that has happened... the heroic survivor is beyond amazing !! She had to be nearly paralyzed with fear if this fell through.
:moo:

I hate to speculate but I can almost guarentee they are going to find something. There are too many inconsistencies with the number of children, the years the pictures were taken and the 10 year age gap between the 12 year old and 2 year old. There’s a baby in the pictures with 13 kids that were posted over 2 years ago. Very bizzare. I truly hope this is NOT the case and they DON’T find anything.

Lol. I get where you're coming from. It is hard to imagine, and like i said, I don't think he's in any way innocent or being motivated only by her. I can def get the sexual creep business vibe from him. His whole demeanor is just weird in videos and pictures etc.
when thinking about little women committing big violent crimes, again, just think of Jodi arias and what she did to Travis Alexander. There is some truth to the saying that hell hath no fury like a pissed off woman...and I'd add especially one with a major psychiatric disorder invoking poor impulse control. Others--Casey Anthony, susan smith, killed their kids because they were selfish and sick, sick people.
I totally agree with your statement too that they both had to be colluding for it to go on. I seriously doubt tho that either even thought about stopping the other much less wanted to because they are so sick. And I'm not even remotely suggesting that either of them get off with a insanity plea. There's a difference between personality disordered (PD) individuals committing crimes and people who say, have schizophrenia, are delusional and fully psychotic, dissociated from themselves. PD people are cold, calculated planners and beyond excellent manipulators. If you didn't already see the post about "injustice collectors" it's worth checking out. LT definitely qualifies, and I'm sure DT does as well. I appreciate our open discussion here. Very interesting. I'm so so so curious for more information in DT and may have to spend some time this evening doing a little sleuth work on him. I know of another active WS member (grouchyMom--anyone seen her in here?) who is excellent at that sort of thing but hasn't been actively following this discussion b:c she's busy with a missing persons case. She'd prob do a little work for us tho. Ill ask her.

We did have some sleuthing of DT's background as far as his HS and college yearbook pics and comments. Maybe in
the 1st or 2nd section of comments.
basic comments:
He was a very smart nerd
Didn't socialize much or party
Never in trouble
Has one brother we know of- very, very closely affiliated w/ Pentecostal church and college
We don't know much about his childhood or family dynamics
Allegedly 'kidnapped' LT when she was in HS and tried to go to Tx. to get married- foiled- got married 2 yrs. later
He was 7-8 yrs. older than her
He graduated from Virginia Tech w/ degree in Engineering

I find the Krispie Kreme photo interesting. The son doesn’t look incredibly malnourished. Lacking upper muscles but otherwise just thin. I strongly believe we are going to hear that after 2015 the abuse escalated significantly. I’m in no way saying it wasn’t there prior, but I think things got deathly.

The person who said Narcissistic Personality Disorder is on the money IMHO. Not a defence but may help explain how this happened.

Like others, I feel there are facts coming that are going to rattle us to the core.

that photo looks recent to me kind of..with her grey streaks she has now in her hair

So she sometimes brought one daughter to the pizza place but only a slice for herself. I wonder how she decided who would go with her, was it a reward to get out of the house, or Louise felt she had to keep an eye on that child and didn't trust her to stay home and do as she was told.

I assumed it was the baby.

Thanks. Have to say, from looking at the wedding videos, he looked like a bit of a wimp to me. What do you make of the lewd advance he made on one of the children?

I agree re him looking a bit wimpish, I think she definitely wore the pants. Re the lewd advance, it may have been anything she ordered to get herself another baby. I assume he didn’t rape this daughter or it would be more than a lewd advance. Could he have made the siblings have sex together or (trying to put this delicately but can’t think of a way) did an AID from a son to a daughter.

Was the 17 year old that escaped the same child the lewd act charge related too?? Trying to decipher reports and msn but it gets confusing with no names used. Moo

Yes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBM

A thought just occurred to me. Maybe LE is thinking one or two of those kids do not belong to the couple. That maybe one or two of them could be missing children from TX or CA that have been kidnapped by the T's.

Just speculation on my part, not fact.

That was my first thought as well. The wording there makes it sound like authorities are concerned that some of the children were "acquired" somehow, and are neither D or Lts.

Made me think of the quote many posters mentioned on a FB photo, where LTs sister said something like, "that's my sister and my baby". Most likely was just a figure of speech on her part, but that's what came to mind for me.

Two of my own musings amid all this horror:

I have never seen anyone look at their significant other with such an intent and utterly besotted expression as LT manifests in the "wedding";

and DT seems to be overcome with emotion to the point where he can hardly speak, and wipes his eyes - what's that about? -

no answers, really, I think I'm just trying to make sense of the inexplicable.

In the longer wedding video I thought she was paying more attention to Elvis than in the one where they so adored each other. It was like a foreplay ritual in that video. eck

Or maybe she caught him watching one of the daughters in the shower, ergo only one shower a year that she could supervise.

JMO

I think we may be giving her way too much credit. So far, I don’t see any evidence the She monster thought of anyone but herself and her needs

When they moved in, they were really mysterious people. They didn't talk to us or socialize," recalled Vinyard of that day in 2000.
His suspicions about how David and Louise Turpin treated their eight children grew as the years passed. The family rarely left the four-bedroom, two-bath home on 36 acres dotted with mesquite trees. They kept lights on at all hours, blinds drawn. One Christmas they bought eight new children's bicycles that sat outside, unused, until they became sun bleached.

Prosecutors are still piecing together details of the family’s life but one theory is that David Turpin was a self-appointed cult leader

Did anyone else here this anywhere else?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...e/news-story/e16effd479410f95dbad4315c059a3b3

Why is that?

I personally think this because they made it a point to let the public know the eldest was in bad condition not sure of the exact quote. But I believe it was from the press conference. I think the hero and others who were planning the escape just felt now was the time.
Jmo. I’m so glad whatever the reason was she took this chance. Brave young lady.

ETA my heart skips a beat that the one victim came back. How scared she must of been sneaking back in the house wondering what her sister was doing and what would happen. Gah the anxiety. I can’t.

Daily Mail has photos of the family from their FB page

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5272703/Police-13-siblings-chained-California-home.html

All the children are dressed alike in the family portraits.

Same photos now posted at this link

http://ktla.com/2018/01/15/kids-fou...ms-held-captive-in-perris-home-sheriffs-dept/

One photo shows the parents and kids in what looks like a wedding ceremony.

LE are asking for any information from the public about the family.

Omg, I can't keep up, so am just bringing forward links...

Keep going WSers... I love you all so much right now.

These beautiful kids have our heart, our love, and our laser focus, our research, our intuition, our medical skills, our psychiatric skills, our LE skills, our legal skills, our mommy skills, our community skills, our state and national, and world, and freaking universe skills...

I am sure these children will be offered a chance to recover together. Oh, I don't say this very often, but God has a plan for these children... They will be ok. They will be together. They will be saved.

There is no way they will be broken up after all this.
No, no, no.

I do believe someone will come forward for these kids. It might be a silent benefactor. I know if I had unlimited funds I'd do just that.

I feel in my heart these children will be kept together, will grow and heal together. They will love and shine together. As they are meant to be, God willing.

They deserve that chance to know and decide for themselves.

I know if I were a sibling I'd want my brothers and sisters with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean