CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or has this whole case become a caricature of everything that could possibly happen in the making of a truly sick, demented and depraved couple?

It's news stories like this that make me think the Monster Couple is possessed:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/2...d-sex-romps-with-strangers-relative-says.html

"The parents were quoted as saying that “God called on them” to have such a large family."

With 13 children offhand I'd say it was probably Satan not God.

Either way, these 2 are not safe with any of their children.

I just watched the recent ABC video, and I'm fascinated by the oldest son's CC transcript (http://abcnews.go.com/US/surveillan...ve-siblings-parents-arrests/story?id=52533621). Observations:

- He started with elementary algebra (typically a 9th grade course) and "Fundamentals of English," which he apparently had to take before getting to the standard freshman comp. This is not uncommon among CC students, but generally it suggests the student had a wholly inadequate high school experience, or else had struggled mightily.

- I'm impressed that he got all "As." The standards in intro-level CC classes might not be all that high, but for him to have gotten As in courses like College Algebra and Comp, he couldn't have been as thoroughly educationally deprived as some of the others -- and is probably naturally bright. This fits with the narrative that while the kids had been abused for years, it escalated over time.

- I'm floored that public speaking was one of the courses. What would have been the parents' motivation for allowing this? What kinds of things did he talk about? If he was completely unaware of the world around him, this would have come out in a course like that, so again, it suggests the older kids at one point had exposure that the younger ones didn't.

-Given early comments that doctors were particularly worried about Survivor 1, it seems significant that DT and LT only permitted Survivor 2 to take college courses, and not the eldest. Was it a gender issue, or an instance of them treating her especially harshly?

Still wondering why they let him take classes at all. Maybe they were counting on him to support them. Maybe it was a way of making things look normal for extended family. But it is probably useless to look for any rational thinking from these monsters. It may well have just been another kind of mind game.

I’m wondering why they let him take classes too.

I can only offer insight regarding the public speaking class. I’m a couple years older than the oldest victim, and public speaking was a required course in undergrad for me. We were assigned topics to speak about. Hope that helps.

People get married in Vegas. Sometimes an Elvis impersonator officiates. Who cares? In this case, the Elvis impersonator was probably the first person to show the victims a good time in years. I don’t get why people think this is so funny or that the officiator is so mockable.

He was thoughtful and respectful to everyone in the family. I applaud him.

jmo

There is another FB pic of the baby dressed in red with comments from LT s sister.

jmo

Agree and wish people would stop mocking his job and performance. The guy never asked to be a part of this. Maybe we should focus on the monsters who abused the victims and not the Elvis impersonator who was thrown into the discussion bc he officiated their renewals.

The Chamber of Commerce was asking for donations. They provided a list of items needed. Among the items were tops but specifically said NO v-necks.

Sorry, I replied to this by mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched the recent ABC video, and I'm fascinated by the oldest son's CC transcript (http://abcnews.go.com/US/surveillan...ve-siblings-parents-arrests/story?id=52533621). Observations:

- He started with elementary algebra (typically a 9th grade course) and "Fundamentals of English," which he apparently had to take before getting to the standard freshman comp. This is not uncommon among CC students, but generally it suggests the student had a wholly inadequate high school experience, or else had struggled mightily.

- I'm impressed that he got all "As." The standards in intro-level CC classes might not be all that high, but for him to have gotten As in courses like College Algebra and Comp, he couldn't have been as thoroughly educationally deprived as some of the others -- and is probably naturally bright. This fits with the narrative that while the kids had been abused for years, it escalated over time.

- I'm floored that public speaking was one of the courses. What would have been the parents' motivation for allowing this? What kinds of things did he talk about? If he was completely unaware of the world around him, this would have come out in a course like that, so again, it suggests the older kids at one point had exposure that the younger ones didn't.

-Given early comments that doctors were particularly worried about Survivor 1, it seems significant that DT and LT only permitted Survivor 2 to take college courses, and not the eldest. Was it a gender issue, or an instance of them treating her especially harshly?

Still wondering why they let him take classes at all. Maybe they were counting on him to support them. Maybe it was a way of making things look normal for extended family. But it is probably useless to look for any rational thinking from these monsters. It may well have just been another kind of mind game.

I don’t remember the age of the oldest son. It makes me wonder if he was still in high school in 2014. I am trying to figure out if the remedial classes were taken because he was dual enrolled and was also taking them for high school credit or if he was considered ‘graduated’. I would think he would have also had to take the SAT, even for CC. In our state it is required. I am very proud of him!!! Being able to pull off an almost perfect GPA while undergoing this type of abuse is amazing to me!

It said No turtlenecks, not v-necks. And it has to do with the strangulation the kids the kids were subjected to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope. It said nothing about turtle necks. It specifically asked for crew neck and not v-neck.

http://www.mychamber.org/events/details/donations-for-perris-abuse-victims-14222
86b312d542d89d0fbe8859bd05f22594.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Seemed to me like she was just answering the questions that she was asked by Megyn, who was controlling the interview. She struck me as being much more sincere and honest than the other sister and brother.

Thank you for this, I agree. I feel she is genuine and I actually think all of the attacks on her are pretty distasteful!

It might have taken some time to gather and discuss what they were dealing with, summoning back-up and working out a strategy to get into the house. There is no way they could have known from that first 911 call the scope of what they were dealing with. The first call could have been a prank or some minor domestic dispute blown out of proportion, and once that was ruled out, the first responding officers needed a lot of backup and guidance. IMO that could take two hours between the phone call and going into the house.

They would have also gotten as much info from the 17 yo as possible - about guns, home layout, etc. and then they would have had to make a strategy to get everyone out safely.

Nevermind. I'm being overly sensitive. This case gets to me.
I had to take an algebra course in college because I had taken algebra 1, but not algebra 2, in high school. And I actually had a scholarship! I just decided I didn't want to fool with math in high school and it was a mistake, so then it was a requirement in college.

Like Bears10, I also took a public speaking course, which was part of my undergraduate requirements for a BA.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nevermind. I'm being overly sensitive. This case gets to me.

I think you quoted me but idk what your OP said, but it’s all good. I think a lot of us are more sensitive than usual with this case. Hugs

From ElizabethAnne's question about the house: The smudge marks on the stucco are at a higher level. I wonder if it is from the baby car seat as they entered the house. Maybe they kept the baby in a car seat a lot since they kept the other children confined. Sad to think about. Or a repetitive hand rub...

jmo

bbm

I do too. He was a nice man. And he is very good at his job. I DO think the Elvis Wedding ceremony is MEANT to be fun and yes,funny! It is a MOCK ceremony, very over the top acting, and the crazy sunglasses and such. This guy did not look or sing, like Elvis (imo) but he was an awesome performer and he made sure everyone laughed and had fun. I hardly think he'd be offended to discover he is still entertaining people on this thread.

I had never heard of the Elvis Wedding, I admit, yes it seemed a little tacky to me, ( I don't think it will replace traditional ceremonies anytime soon!), but then I saw how fun it was for them all and I find it adorable, FOR FUN! I have a hunch this guy laughs about his job all the time, (and what a great job it is!). No one is being mean or disrespectful imo.

I think you quoted me but idk what your OP said, but it’s all good. I think a lot of us are more sensitive than usual with this case. Hugs
I was just thinking... I know I've been a bear (tee hee) the past few days and it seems like we're all extra edgy (general all not literally all of us). This case has been harrowing just to read about... nightmare inducing and like... constantly in the backs of our minds. It's interesting to see how this sort of thing impacts society.

Please nobody take this wrong and freak out on me (you think you're upset what about the victims etc. I'm not discounting anyone's feelings exactly the opposite). Ugh I'm cranky

Here is the link to a video and article about the oldest son’s classes at CC. He maintained a very high GPA and some were core classes (Algebra, Freshman Comp, Communications). He took classes in Spring 2014 - Spring 2017. I have a hard time believing he was able to do this well with a first grade education. It makes me think that the reference was to the younger children.

http://abc7.com/perris-torture-case-eldest-son-maintained-393-gpa/2978384/

Jmho I agree and think there is a lot of assuming going on. In link I posted up thread it was said #8 was intelligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper