CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s hard keeping up with these threads on this so I’ll just echo the horror of everyone that I too am feeling reading all of this.

What really strikes me is the stated “shock” and “anger” by family members of both LT and DT. How is it that a grandchild, a niece, a nephew, a cousin, is able to grow into adulthood and you don’t pick up on the fact something is really wrong? Like really really really wrong? Wouldn’t you wonder where do they go to school, where do they work (since adults), any boyfriends, girlfriends, friends, trips, sports, interests? They had to have known something was wrong, how could they not, and while I don’t expect the extent of the horrors was suspected, there had to have at least been a nagging sensation that something was wrong. It’s just really sad how much these kids were failed on so many levels and from so many directions. I’m not blaming anyone other than the two monsters responsible because who could possibly suspect the depravity, but it certainly should be a lesson to us all. Pay attention to the signs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly! You'd think the relatives would smell a rat when the older kids did not go to college, get jobs, get married, or in general do the milestones that most young adults do. And even if the family had been told that the older ones had disabilities - as I've pointed out, there is now a tremendous emphasis on further education and employment for young people with disabilities unless they are very low functioning.

Even with family I'm not close to (cousins, etc.) who I mostly know through Facebook and Christmas cards, I have an idea of how old kids are and what they are supposed to be doing. Combined with the homeschooling and reclusiveness, my spidey senses would be going off like whoa.

I hope the relatives are not allowed to be around the kids and young adults without supervision, and doubly hope that they don't get power of attorney or access to the funds being collected for them.

I think must have rented that home because it wasn't ever in their name from the records I saw online, I'm a realtor and did some research. The home they are in now is theirs, they bought it in 2014 with very little money down. Here's info of what I found about that house from RPR.
cache.php

I think one of the early news reports stated that the Turpins rented in Murrieta and then bought the home in Perris in 2014. That would make sense..........moving from Texas to California in 2010 and renting for a few years before deciding where to buy.

In the Krispy Kreme photo you can see the ligature marks on the son's right wrist.

Look at the dark circles around mom's eyes. What is that about?

Crazy people often don't sleep, as well as have physiological/adrenal system issues (which often when addressed can lead to improvement in psychiatric systems).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I write Real Estate articles - so I can they now use virtual staging software with some listings. You put your dream furniture into a computer mockup of the house based on real pictures, and it looks as though it is furnished when you see the pics online. In real life, could be empty. Some clients like it because they can see how examples of their own furniture would fit into a house without measuring, or for people deciding if it's worth driving/flying a long way to a showing.
YED

I hope the relatives are not allowed to be around the kids and young adults without supervision, and doubly hope that they don't get power of attorney or access to the funds being collected for them.

I couldn’t agree more. Not because there should be blame, but the overwhelming lack of either familiarity or recognition of the signs speaks to a pervasive dysfunction beyond the immediate family unit and that’s not what these survivors need right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess the bankruptcy would have made it hard for them to buy for a while too. Not sure how it works in the US but in the UK you wouldn’t be eligible for a mortgage for a good few years and some banks would never lend to you again.

I think one of the early news reports stated that the Turpins rented in Murrieta and then bought the home in Perris in 2014. That would make sense..........moving from Texas to California in 2010 and renting for a few years before deciding where to buy.

Do you know when did they declared personal bankruptcy?

People can easily get bruises like that from sex.

I will never buy a battered woman defense by that monster.

I'm sure that's one her defense team will try.

Oh yes, I agree 100%. No way she is a battered woman. It easy to fall for the men are more likely to be perpetrators, or, in a couple situation like this, to assume the man is the primary instigator. They tried to pull that crap with Jodi Arias and her psycho self and probably all other female killers/abusers. It is statistically true that men commit more violent crimes than woman, but when women do they do it in a dramatic and profound way. My psychology and human behavior background leads me to believe with a high degree of certainty LT haS borderline personality disorder. The family environment she was raised in in combo with her tendency to be willful rebellious and stubborn as a child are prime breeding grounds for personality disorders.

I think it's also interesting and worth noting that in the Google maps satellite view of the home (which has not been updated in some time), it appears to be a model home/office for the subdivision. There is a parking lot next to it and a sidewalk leading to the building. Many people could have gone in and out of the home before it was bought by the Turpins. If I was one of those people, that would give me nightmares.

cache.php

I noticed that too. But when I went to the Google map and 'drove' down the street, I saw that the area has grown a LOT since that thumbnail shot was taken. Muir Woods Road now ends many houses down in a cul-de-sac. But what was of interest to me is that just a couple of houses away from the Turpin house is a street and if you turn down that street, another street.

I can imagine the 17-year-old girl who escaped, going quickly to the corner of the first street, walking down that street, and then to the next street. She would quickly be out of view from the Turpin home.

Hey there everyone, I'm a longtime lurker decided to finally join after this horrific story came to light. I am finally caught up after 3 days and wanted to mark my spot. I have nothing to add at this point that hasn't already been addressed. Just wanted to express my most heartfelt hopes and prayers for these amazing survivors to find healing and live the best lives they possibly can. I have no doubt they are all far stronger than I could ever imagine, so my hope is they will thrive in their new environments whatever that looks like. Like you all my heart has been truly shattered reading the horrific details they endured. I am a Registered Nurse and I know how truly terrible of states they must have been in to reduce the staff at the hospital to tears. My mind and heart can't fathom all they have been through, especially the oldest siblings. Bless you all!

I guess the bankruptcy would have made it hard for them to buy for a while too. Not sure how it works in the US but in the UK you wouldn’t be eligible for a mortgage for a good few years and some banks would never lend to you again.

Depends on the type of bankruptcy filed. Chapter 7 you only have to wait two years. It's hard to believe that you can buy a $351,000. home with $6,554. down after having a foreclosure and bankruptcy in your past. Obviously in 2014 he was making enough money to cover the mortgage payment and the risk.
"As mentioned above, all borrowers must wait least two years after the discharge date of a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. The discharge date should not be confused with the date bankruptcy was filed. As with Chapter 13 bankruptcy, FHA regulations demand a full explanation to be submitted with the FHA home loan application."

[h=3]FHA Loan Rules for Borrowers After Filing Bankruptcy - FHA.com[/h]https://www.fha.com/fha_article?id=305

I was trying to reply with a quote to the person in the last thread who posted the youtube video from the Elvis wedding chapel.

OMG, watching the middle boy get up on stage and dance! You can see as he moves that his legs are like sticks!

My grandfather was in a Japanese POW camp for three years during WWII, and the video of the boy reminds me of the pictures of the liberated POWs, such as this one---

cache.php

Heartbreaking!

Here is the video I am referring to. The middle boy starts dancing at the 24:45 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tb4ZBbvcrc

All the Vegas videos greatly disturb me. I watched them before I had learned the extent and severity of the starvation. My first thought on the awkward attempts at dancing, snapping, etc., was that these kids had no exposure to rhythm of any kind. Now that I know the extent of starvation and the possible physical and neurological damage caused by it, I agree with you and think that played a huge part. I was struck at the beginning of the video around 2:12 by the ring bearer as he stood by DT. He looked like he was doing the "potty dance" and desperately needed to use the bathroom. He seemed to settle after that but it made me wonder about all the time these kids may have tried to "hold it" for long periods of time. Just to add, putting those girls in heels had to have been horrible for them. It's hard for any female to learn how to walk in heels at first let alone under the conditions they lived. They were struggling and trying so hard not to trip or fall and must have felt so embarrassed. That alone was heartbreaking to watch. Sorry if I went off your topic a bit. Those videos just reflect so much horror in my mind.

I just assumed the house was "staged" by the previous owner in order to get a better price. They have companies here in the staging business.

I must have missed that it was a newly built when they purchased it. Is this right?

It's my understanding that the Turpin house was new construction in a new housing tract in 2014. A builder will typically build a model of each of the floorplans of the houses that are being built, and hire a staging company to come in and stage the models for buyers. The model homes will often have upgrades a buyer can purchase if the house they're buying is not yet built. When the models are sold, or close to being sold, the models will also be offered for sale.

Oh yes, I agree 100%. No way she is a battered woman. It easy to fall for the men are more likely to be perpetrators, or, in a couple situation like this, to assume the man is the primary instigator. They tried to pull that crap with Jodi Arias and her psycho self and probably all other female killers/abusers. It is statistically true that men commit more violent crimes than woman, but when women do they do it in a dramatic and profound way. My psychology and human behavior background leads me to believe with a high degree of certainty LT haS borderline personality disorder. The family environment she was raised in in combo with her tendency to be willful rebellious and stubborn as a child are prime breeding grounds for personality disorders.

Thanks. Have to say, from looking at the wedding videos, he looked like a bit of a wimp to me. What do you make of the lewd advance he made on one of the children?

She is going to have a hard time going the battered woman defense, there are 12 witnesses that will be able to attest to that.
Every time I see a pic of her I want to shove a tomato down her throat.

I agree, but why a tomato? The picture of that in my head is amusing. Or as amusing as anything in this case could be.

Oh, I hope the survivors have been able to laugh at something this past week.

Depends on the type of bankruptcy filed. Chapter 7 you only have to wait two years. It's hard to believe that you can buy a $351,000. home with $6,554. down after having a foreclosure and bankruptcy in your past. Obviously in 2014 he was making enough money to cover the mortgage payment and the risk.
"As mentioned above, all borrowers must wait least two years after the discharge date of a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. The discharge date should not be confused with the date bankruptcy was filed. As with Chapter 13 bankruptcy, FHA regulations demand a full explanation to be submitted with the FHA home loan application."

[h=3]FHA Loan Rules for Borrowers After Filing Bankruptcy - FHA.com[/h]https://www.fha.com/fha_article?id=305

Thanks for clarifying. As you say, it’s hard to believe you could do that after just a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper