CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the sister's interview with Megyn Kelly. I can't deal. We have thirteen victims/survivors, and here she is, not once talking about them. It's about her, her psycho sister, her, then her. Lots of crocodile tears.I don't buy it.

So, why would a controlling man not mind her having sex with someone else? Doesn't quite seem to fit the pattern I have in my head...

Was he was maybe shooting blanks?? Or so they thought at the time?

(Eta: reminded of that old Heart song..."so I drove up alongside, and I offered him a ride, he accepted with a smile...and we drove for a while....

In the song, her man couldn't give her a baby: "But what he couldn't give me, oooohhh, was the one little thing that you can....")

So, why would a controlling man not mind her having sex with someone else? Doesn't quite seem to fit the pattern I have in my head...

Was he was shooting blanks??

This is super strange, isn't it? I am really having trouble piecing all this madness together. Makes no sense at all. Then again, what we have is the sister's word for it and I don't think she's very reliable.

Researcher here. Nope, they will not be used for research purposes. Too many ethical issues for any institution to want to even touch them, and they would not be considered to have enough value or benefit to risk harm to the subjects. The only way someone could use them is if they enter the public record. But even then, they wouldn't be considered valid data unless the researchers had access to the original sources, which, again, isn't going to happen. I don't know where you heard academics use personal journals. It's more in the context of important historic figures who have entered their notes and journals into the public record. There's always permissions and consent involved though, and in particular with vulnerable populations, minor children and those who are institutionalized or otherwise compromised. You can't just claim personal journals for research purposes without consent of the owner. I think you might be thinking of the Genie case, which happened in the early 1970s before institutional review boards and international research ethics standards were created to protect research participants particularly as a response to cases like Genie, and other children/babies, racial minority men and women, and prisoners were used as research subjects without proper consent and ethical standards of confidentiality, risk/benefit and minimization of harm being considered.

It was a MSM article interviewing researchers in the areas of trauma and language. They were discussing parallels to Anne Frank’s diary. http://www.wltx.com/mobile/article/...nd-in-home-with-13-captive-children/509691245

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That 7th grade photo of Louise reminds me of Jodi Arias. :eek:

I've said all along her demeanor reminds me of JA. especially the photos in arraignment of her interacting with her lawyer.

I'm so far behind. I've been under the weather and had family over yesterday, but trying to catch up. The odd sense of humor. I have a bit of an odd sense of humor, I'e been told, as does a sibling. Maybe DT is Nikola Tesla fan and liked to discuss different ways of harnessing light into a new light bulb. I think that's what we also see when she, or he, cracks wise with the obgyn, back in TX, and comments that they'e missed her, and her staff, and had "no desire to reproduce" without her (loosely quoted). I'm going off track a bit, but, if you'll note, while in TX she had a child almost annually! That obgyn had to almost be like a friend.

The first child came in 1988. Then, there was a lapse. Then she had a child in
'92, '93, '95 ,'97 based on birth certs on file. Below are guesstimates by OP based on ages.
'98, '99, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006 and, finally, in 2015, the only child born in CA.

From what I've read, the children were not held captive in TX. They were kinda Free range, but kept close, though. I have a theory that mom was happy while expecting a child, and, while the new child was an infant. It seems that the shackling and starving and actual torture type of conditions, didn't begin until around 2010. This would coincide with four years and NO successful pregnancy and NO infant. DT may have gone into a huge downward spiral. Hence, the recent Vegas Vow renewals, every two years. Hoping it would spark something? It could have even been his idea, in an effort to get her amorous, and ultimately, pregnant and happy. (Weird I know, but, some women love to be pregnant. I'm not one of them though.)

It would also explain why, in 2011, when DTs parents and brother visited, the kids may have seemed thin, and somewhat small, but didn't look, like they apparently look now, 7 years later, which was horrible enough to cause hospital staff, to start weeping. The T.s could have brushed it off as allergies. I've seen some thin kids who had severe allergies.

BBM

The Turpins left Texas because one of the survivors attempted to escape and was returned by a local. A person that bought the destroyed home in Texas after The Turpins left, found polaroid pictures of a bed with restraints on the headboard, strange vents in the closets, scratch marks on the backs of doors, and a completely hoarded home covered in feces. A kitten was found in the dumpster and 2 dogs were left locked inside and had survived by eating dirty diapers. Neighbors were concerned the entire time they lived there but never called their concerns in to CPS and feel guilty about it to this day. We only know of the oldest survivor playing with a neighbor for a short time, which ended when an adult asked her name and her response was " If you listen, you may find out my name" (paraphrase) and her younger sister said "shhh..don't say anything" The playing ended then and there They were not free range.

The depraved abuse was definitely happening in Texas and continued in California. This is just not a everything just suddenly escalated in the past 3 years " situation.

Authorities have clearly stated that the abuse started in Texas, was chronic, and went on for decades.

I don't think those psychopaths are close to wanting any kind of deal. They likely feel righteously justified at present and indignant that anyone could stop them form treating their property as they wish.

But I do not at all believe that testifying would be healing for the kids. On the contrary.

Psychiatrist Bruce Perry, who treated some of the Branch Davidian kids who were released during the Waco siege has commented on this case as well. I learned a lot about childhood trauma from his book and his teachings on the subject. Discussing traumatic events re-traumatizes children and adults. Yes, certain stable adults or children can make the conscious choice to testify, going through the pain because the quest for justice is one they can rationally balance against their distress.

But these are human beings who have been through such extreme, intense and chronic abuse that they have been disabled intellectually as a result. I view them as incredibly fragile and vulnerable.

I want to hear what happened and what those monsters did and how they excused it. I would love to get a psych lowdown on those two creatures. (If there is a trial I will go). But I want none of it at the expense of these beautiful kids.

The best thing that could happen to them is not regurgitating every lurid detail to a morbidly curious public, but for there to be a plea deal that spares them form testifying, and then for them to find nice family groups to become part of, for them to change their names, create new identities and to begin peaceful, new and anonymous lives for themselves. IMO.

Thank you for sharing all of that. I want to be you when I grow up!!!

This is super strange, isn't it? I am really having trouble piecing all this madness together. Makes no sense at all. Then again, what we have is the sister's word for it and I don't think she's very reliable.

(See my eta lol)

Where can we watch the Megyn Kelly show from today online?

I kept wondering how the victims kept up with time. It must be through the journals and their entries.

Yea. Good point. I keep forgetting that was his parents that came to visit and were clueless. Since they're strict fundamentalist, I can see where she gets off thinking that lining them up in age order and sandwiching them between parents at Disney could be s sigh of good parenting. That would be a sign that DT and LT aren't soaring the rod if you follow my drift.

BBM

I don't think it has anything to do with religion. I think it has to do with a mother who denies her child would ever do anything wrong. We have all met those mothers. The ones you complain to about her kids throwing rocks at your dogs and her furiously denying they would ever do anything of the sort. Those "head in the sand" parents who never will accept that their kids will act out occasionally X10. She just doesn't see little David doing any wrong and needs absolute proof that he ever did. Not that she would believe it if proof was offered. I think that kind of denial in a parent is a form of child abuse in its self because it allows a child to indulge in increasingly bad behavior and get away with it so they become adults that feel entitled to do anything they want and not expect consequences. Like starving your 12 kids to death so you can live in a 380 thousand dollar home and drive a new sports car and hold a big "vow renewal" wedding every two years.

JMO

Thank you muchly for that link. I'm p/c ing most of it for others below. Sorry mods if the 10% rule does apply here, but IMO we all need to read this.

The story of the 13 children who deputies say were discovered being held prisoner in a Perris home on Sunday has shocked the world. But there’s a way to help the Turpin children. Two ways, in fact.

The Riverside University Health System Foundation has set up a fund to support the children, the foundation announced on Thursday.

“We received a very generous response from the community, people calling from truly all over the nation, wanting to do something for this family,” Erin Phillips, executive director of the foundation, said Thursday afternoon.

The foundation’s fund is on top of the Corona Chamber of Commerce’s efforts to collect donations for the children of Louise Anna Turpin, 49, and her husband, David Allen Turpin, 57, who were charged Thursday in the case.

“Somebody has to step forward,” said Bobby Spiegel, president and CEO of the Corona Chamber of Commerce. “We’re doing what we need to do.”

The six minor Turpin children are being treated at Riverside University Health System Medical Center in Moreno Valley. The seven adult children are being treated at Corona Regional Medical Center. Both hospitals are members of the Corona Chamber of Commerce.

The chamber of commerce has been overwhelmed with the volume of donations from around the world, even bringing in extra staff to help deal with it

PERRIS SIBLING SUPPORT FUND
One hundred percent of all funds raised by the Riverside University Health System Foundation will be transferred to a trust being established for the siblings’ long-term needs, according to the foundation.

The support fund can receive both tax-deductible financial contributions and gift cards.

Individuals can contribute by visiting RUHealth.org/foundation or by mailing contributions to RUHS Foundation at PO Box 9850, Moreno Valley, CA 92552. Corporations, foundations and individuals who need additional details for plans to support the Turpin siblings can contact RUHS Foundation at marketing@ruhealth.org.

CHAMBER OF COMMERCE DONATIONS
Spiegel said that most of the physical donation needs have now been covered and that financial donations are what’s most needed.

Donations can be brought or mailed to the Corona Chamber of Commerce at 904 E. 6th St. in Corona. Call 951-737-3350 or email info@mychamber.org for more information.

I copied your post to the Media thread.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ine-for-Turpin-Child-Abuse-Case-NO-DISCUSSION

I'm thinking back to kids in school, when I was too young to know any better..were these kids being abused? I can't remember their last names...yearbook and then to facebook...

I have the saddest memory of a girl who was a grade younger than me. She had very short hair (cut like a boys), and her clothes were all too little for her. For example I remember her pants were up to her ankles. It was common knowledge among all the kids that she was abused and we all thought that our principal was involved and helping out. Well, it ended up that she died at the hands of her parents. I don't remember any of the details, but I definitely remember the way she looked.

I'm sorry if I missed this but do we know an approx. of when the abuse started? I've seen some state 2010 but that seems so unrealistic to me as the oldest girl would have been 22 years old? Thanks

It looks like the abuse goes back to when they were living in Fort Worth, which was in the 1990's. Here is a timeline: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...se-Case-NO-DISCUSSION&p=13879962#post13879962

The current charges are since 2010, because that is when they moved to California.

This is just my opinion.

I think these two got overwhelmed, but that did not cause the abuse of the children. The abuse and neglect of the children, I think, is something they chose to do. The oldest girl went to school dirty. Everyone says she was a very sweet girl and they didn't even have a lot of kids yet. She was able to get out more when she was young than others, but it doesn't sound like she was treated well.

Why would they chose to mistreat their children? Criminals do evil stuff just because sometimes (IMO).

They only lived in the brick home from 1999 to 4/2004. That when purchased double wide. So maybe they had bad plumbing it appears so in photos current owner showed. Mr. Baldwin acknowledged that the home had had contents removed and took him months and a lot of money to be able to rent out.

I have extended family in Texas and depending where the brick home may have been on well water. Possible double wide hooked to city water if available. I am not giving pass just trying to be logical when possible. One article said they had couple sets of bunk beds in double wide.

Re one interview guy was speaking of heard one daughter was asking about how to get a dl and mentioned age "10 or 12"years old. Not knowing there were children who were adult by then. He is going by hearsay. Media exploiting this horrible situation makes me angry.

I am sure that as soon as the terrified girl told the dispatcher that she had photographs of her siblings, the dispatcher would have sent a Police car to her. It would then be up to the Police Officers to evaluate the situation. If she was lying and the photographs were kids fooling around then the parents would be informed. But as we know the photos could not have been staged.
I constantly try to imagine how the siblings were feeling once the 17 year old fled. The minutes must have felt like hours. Then when lots of Police Officers were bashing on the door "Police - open up"!! It was the parents time to panic. The siblings must have felt overwhelmed with relief and joy. I hope it gave the 29 year old the inspiration she needed to keep hanging on to life. I hope it gave all of them the inspiration they all needed to keep going. They must have kept the 17 year old in another Police car further down the street so she didn't see the Police raid on their 'home', and they were reunited in hospital....

I've envisioned it much the same way. I checked Google maps and note that if the 17-year-old that escaped walked up the street two houses, she would be at the corner of another street. I bet she turned the corner and walked down that street to be out of view of the Turpin house......just in case. Once she felt she was out of sight, she made the 911 car and the dispatcher sent a police car out to meet her. Once the officer heard her story and saw the pictures on the cell phone, I would imagine he called headquarters and there was discussion on how to proceed. Maybe the horrible pictures on the cell phone were transmitted to headquarters during discussion. At any rate, police were sent out and the rest is history.

One of the neighbors interviewed said it was 8:30am in the morning when she saw police across the street. So, I think the 17-year-old escaped the house sometime between 7:00am and 7:30am.

Could her affairs, if true, resulted in any pregnancies?

Was he was maybe shooting blanks?? Or so they thought at the time?

(Eta: reminded of that old Heart song..."so I drove up alongside, and I offered him a ride, he accepted with a smile...and we drove for a while....

In the song, her man couldn't give her a baby: "But what he couldn't give me, oooohhh, was the one little thing that you can....")

It's possible that she did not want to have sex with another man. Maybe he wanted her to do that to humiliate her while he watched. Maybe the subsequent trip to the same hotel room was him reminding her that it could happen again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haizljnes01