CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow is a required appearance for DT and LT regarding an order of protection against them so that they are barred from contacting the 13 survivors in any way. The 13 survivors are not appearing, not required. The prosecutor likely filed the protection order because abusers have been known to send letters or make calls that are threatening to victims, sometimes in coded language. Someone else may know if a protection order is a civil matter or a motion in the criminal case.

Thank you, you answered two questions for me!

Are they trying to contact their kids or their extended family?

Maybe both. But I would guess DT's father or brother is getting involved "to hear the other side of the story".
We know his father has been trying to get in touch with the children. He admitted it to a reporter.
I hope those children are kept in protective custody, somewhere safe where their stories cannot be forcibly changed.
You know it's happening or the DA would not have requested the hearing. JMO.

I would lean to think the last trip to LV provided the inspiration. More of them had become adults, they must have had some taste of freedom on those trips, and perhaps that led to an insurrection of sorts that caused the escalation of torture, after all LT couldn't start letting the large family come apart just as she was having the additional kids to make them rich and famous.
I read that the escape plan was more than just Hero#1's idea. And she felt sure that she was risking her life to save them all. Wasn't it smart to have the phone and charger and take photos, cut the screen and slip out. They could not take any chance of not being believed and returned like the first time, not since one or more of the siblings had become quite debilitated. Parents had to be at home but unaware she was missing.

This scenario makes a lot of sense. Las Vegas is always teeming with people and I can well imagine that the older children may have noticed people their own age in the crowd and perhaps thought of how different their lives were. How the people in the crowd seemed happy and carefree, laughing and having fun.

A lot of thought had to go into the escape plan because they couldn't afford to fail. Failure would likely mean an even worse punishment than what they were then enduring. I think the children, probably the adult children, whispered about the plan while the parents slept during the day.

It appears that her father may have been with her when she opened the trailer door and they found the two living dogs.

I have no reason to not believe this family found two dogs locked in the trailer that the family had been living in.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-na-perris-texas-20180120-story,amp.html

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Respectfully they say different things..your link Ricky says no beds, my link with 25 yr old daughter his wife says double wide had 6 sets if bunk beds within 2 rooms. And assumption of hearsay that one girl tried run away, but in your link states as fact.

Too many quotes that conflict. Do you not agree? If not can you share why not. Thanks

Good lord, my daughters’s dad lives in Winona Lake (and so does she on weekends.) Can’t wait to sleuth the heck out of this place.
Really?? Wow. I'm still trying to figure out how to start a new thread, apparently I need permission and right now it is homework time and dinner prep time for my tribe. I am so excited to have collective sleuthers on board to help these girls, but I want to be careful not to derail the conversation about the Turpin kids. Thank you ALL! I have an awkward and very unprofessional website Hephzibahgirls.com.

It appears to be the same crib, which can be seen in dailymail photos, when they discuss having to open the windows. Do you think her face was photoshopped onto ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the poster might have meant that the belly is fake. Not the entire picture. JMO

Oh would I love to hear and see all the kids testifying against their parents, just screaming at them and even cursing them out for what they did to them! If any of you have seen the classic Al Pachino movie, "And Justice For All" with a courtroom ending that has me CHEERING each time. It would just be awesome to have those kids put those monsters in prison for life!

Not saying that they would be ready to do something like that. But if they did, the world would be watching and cheering for the kids!

Satch

Sadly, I imagine these kids love their parents. I don't think your scenario is realistic.

Meanwhile, a defense attorney for the Turpin parents stopped by to collect clothing for the defendants to wear at their court hearing on Wednesday. The lawyer said the district attorney's office was attempting to file a restraining order to prevent the husband and wife from contacting others who might be involved in the case.

http://abc7.com/perris-torture-case-eldest-son-maintained-393-gpa/2978384/

I think if I was that atty - after walking into that sewer of a house, I probably would recuse myself from the case.

At the Elvis vow event, all the kids had black hair. We know from catching a glimpse of their hair in this picture that their hair was dyed at the vow event. I'm certain that dying their hair was an additional way to dehumanize and objectify the children by undermining their individuality.
I've always thought the eldest boy and one of the older girls had more red on their hair than the rest. I don't think their hair is all the same color.

Indiana Winona Lake/Warsaw
Oh no! That means there are more than 1 place like that. I've heard about a place that sounded very similar that was run out of Missouri. Religious based, unlicensed and supposedly very abusive that parents paid a ridiculous amount of money to to "fix" their troubled kids.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

He may not have come back to school if that had happened. Or at least that was the case of a child during my teen school years after a teacher handed a child a bar of Ivory soap and told her to go home and wash with it.
This was done in front of other students and was due to other kids complaining about the child having bugs in her hair and dirt up and down her arms. Horrible.IMO

In my high school, there were two brothers who were MR, and they wouldn't bathe very often. On at least one occasion, the coaches took them to the locker room and threw them in the shower until they came out clean. Not sure if they washed their clothes or had them get in the shower with clothes on. Sounds cruel, but it was necessary and hopefully taught them a lesson about hygiene.

His hair looks thinner in the pics where he's young.

I noticed that also and in one photo where he is young with her in a living room he has a part in right side where you can see a receding hairline. his hair looks like a wig the part comes from all the way in the back of his head. its either a wig or a giant comb over.

Sadly, I imagine these kids love their parents. I don't think your scenario is realistic.

I do too. They could very well believe that the punishment they rec'd was normal and/or deserved. It makes me cry.

Tomorrow is a required appearance for DT and LT regarding an order of protection against them so that they are barred from contacting the 13 survivors in any way. The 13 survivors are not appearing, not required. The prosecutor likely filed the protection order because abusers have been known to send letters or make calls that are threatening to victims, sometimes in coded language. Someone else may know if a protection order is a civil matter or a motion in the criminal case.

OMG and JMO
This is just the type of behavior I would expect from the monsters. To try and contact and pressure the kids to not say anything "bad" about their "poor parents" because it will get them in serious trouble.

I hope the DA is successful in keeping the parents from any and all contact with the children and I hope the DA doesnt allow some of the extended family to contact them either for the same reason.

I can see it now if the grandparents were able to talk to them and begin to give them a sob story and begin to blame them for getting the parents in trouble.

The parents should have thought of that before they "Tortured" their kids!!!

It is so important these kids are protected from any and all outside pressure. All they have to do is tell the truth and that will be plenty to convict these monsters.

You know, I almost wonder if maybe the shirts were gifts from a family member? The photo is taken inside the home, so this wasn't an "outing." Maybe the Aunt sent the kids shirts and the mom had them all put them on and take a photo to send to her. Like, "look at how well the kids are?" Since this has only been shown on the interview with LT's sister, maybe it's a photo she had of the kids. As for the pants... I'm still baffled.

When I saw the pants I thought of the times I've seen bulk amounts of some brand new article of clothing or shoes in thrift stores. They'll just have a mass of the same item from some other retailer who isn't carrying it anymore. As the pants aren't even remotely sized correctly it was the first thought that came to mind, but of course no way of knowing.

As a kid sometimes I'd cuff my pants and it always drove my parents crazy. They both saw it as an accident waiting to happen.

Many reports say that the children were fed once a day but not enough to sustain them. If the parents ate at Taco Bell and had Pizza once a day.........I wonder what she was feeding the children in their 'once a day' meal. If she didn't know how to cook or was too lazy to cook, maybe she only fed them something out of a can.

The report I saw said the parents always ordered the same thing at Taco Bell: six Mountain Dews and a Root Beer. Who were those for if not some of the kids?

In my high school, there were two brothers who were MR, and they wouldn't bathe very often. On at least one occasion, the coaches took them to the locker room and threw them in the shower until they came out clean. Not sure if they washed their clothes or had them get in the shower with clothes on. Sounds cruel, but it was necessary and hopefully taught them a lesson about hygiene.
Hygiene was not the lesson there. That's cruelty not education.
Yikes. It's 2018 I'm appalled.

I wasn't trying to speculate what made some of the children decide, two years ago, to try to escape. I'm sure it likely does have something to do with the baby.

I was just saying I don't think that two years ago, they got everything in place to escape, and just waited til it "got bad enough" or they found out "something bad was about to happen." I just think it took those two years to get the three parts of the plan to work. 1. Obtain the phone/charger. 2. Take the pictures. 3. Escape undetected. And I think that somehow the chaos of moving caused the parents to slip up somewhere, and the plan worked.

Something triggered the plan two years ago and quite an age gap between the youngest child and the next oldest. There are still many questions to be answered such as how did she obtain the phone and when did she obtain it? That's the piece that I think took so long. I'd also like to know how she knew that 911 would work on an otherwise non-working phone. I guess I'm wondering if she obtained it through older brother who got it from someone at school. It sounds as though he is the only child who was allowed any type of outside contact.

Perhaps the impetus to crawl through a window and seek help came when the older children realized that they were about to move to the middle of nowhere in OK and be even more isolated.

Has anyone seen this photograph anywhere else? It showed up in the TV interview with LT's sister but I haven't seen a quality shot of it. This is the only photo I've seen in which the kids are all wearing different shirts...but they are all wearing matching baggy pink bottoms? For some of the girls, the t-shirts look like they might have celebrities on them but I really can't tell. So bizarre.
attachment.php

I don’t know why it bothers me so much but the cuffs are folded so much on most of the younger kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member