CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php
Here is the cropped photo where she looks pregnant to me. Since she has had multiple pregnancies she may look further along than she actually is. I think this coincides with the 2013 Vegas renewal. She is wearing a different dress than the other times and her hair looks the same as this picture in length and color. If this is from the end of 2013, then it would not be the youngest child.
bbm
Maybe she's just FAT because she was eating for THIRTEEN! :mad:

Iam actually pretty shocked that NOBODY at all reported the dead dogs, cats and abandoned dogs in the house to anyone? This is bad really bad.. Its Known that people who abuse/kill animals end up abusing/killing people.. and in this case this is what exactly happened!!.

Its really sad how lax people can be with animal abuse still. That was clear abuse, no mistaking there. I mean if they left kids behind like that it would be reported. Why not report that? I just find it odd that None of that was reported .. That is just Not normal to move out of your house and leave behind multiple dead animals and animals trying to survive on dirty diapers.. Its not normal..at least I don't think it is.

We only have this guy saying there were dead animals. Maybe there weren't.

Thanks for this link. I had missed seeing this video. I paused it at 1:08 and this is what is posted as his classes.

Spring 2014
Math 090 Elementary Algebra = high school Algebra I
Fall 2015
Engl 098 English Fundamentals
Math 096 Intermediate Algebra = high school Algebra II
Mus 101 Music Fundamentals
Spring 2016
Mus 125 Guitar 1
Mul 110 Introduction to Multi
Com 100 Public Speaking
Engl 101 Freshman Composition
Math 105 College Algebra
Summer 2016
AUME 100 Basic Auto mechanics
Fall 2016
MUS 127 Guitar 2
Spring 2017
AUME 119 Basic Brake Systems
MUS 214 Guitar Ensemble
AUME 122 Engine Performance 1 'withdrew from class in Feb'
ANTH 115 Intro to Archaeology 'B'

With the exception to the last two classes, he made A's! Smart guy!

Those are 100-level classes. And some are <100. They are not classes that involve critical thinking skills, just basic aptitude. They were spread out over several years. There was no advancement in levels beyond pre-freshman to intro. I would not take A's in these classes to be exceptional, except maybe in an instance like this where a youngster has been in a traumatizing environment.

Many state universities would not accept several of these classes as worthy of transfer credits. Just sayin'.

I guess he was being trained to maintain the family auto fleet? Do Elvis with the guitar? Mom and Dad might have thought they'd have a PR person: thus the public speaking. All of the topics could be taken for a purpose required by mom and dad.

The Assist program can clarify the transferability of courses between various colleges and universities in California: www.assist.org

He enrolled in 15 courses and completed 14 of them.

11 of the completed courses qualify for credit in the CA State University system, and 6 of them qualify for credit in the University of CA system. Several of the qualifying courses are selected from lists of required courses for transfer to one or both university systems.

The 3 courses that do not qualify for credit transfer are considered high school level. However, the course in high school is accomplished in one academic year while the course in community college is completed in one semester. Students lacking official records often complete these classes quickly as prerequisites for higher level courses or as refresher courses.

While most automotive technology coursework at community colleges leads to an A.S. (Associate of Science) degree, there is a pilot program in California for a Bachelor of Science in Automotive Management which combines automotive technology expertise with marketing, management and other skills related specifically to the automotive industry. The upper division curriculum is designed by the CA State University system.

The CA community college system uses grading standards commensurate with the university systems. They also often use the exact same textbook, syllabus and standards for a given course.

!!!! said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the oldest was born in California. She comes up in the California birth index.

laikawolf said:
I'm interested in this too. This bit of information is missing from the official timeline. The record shows that the Turpins rented a postal box in Burleson, TX from 1986 until 2003. So what were they doing in Los Angeles in 1988 when the eldest was born? Does this account for the four year gap between her and the eldest son?

Going to Disneyland??

Shelby2 said:
I'm not sure of the date given for the lewdness charge, could that have been it?

Off the top of my head - I remember Nov. 2012 to Nov. 2013. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong... :)

I'm also wondering about - they were married in 1984 and didn't have a child until 1988 - ?? - I don't think so.... :thinking:

bbm
The hair looks the same cut and reddish color as the 2013 renewal video. She looked overweight in that video, not pregnant. She turned 45 in 2013; she will be 50 in May 2018 and she certainly looked overweight at the arraignment.

Maybe, but if you see the pictures after baby 13 is born, she does not look overweight at all and is back in the first wedding dress 6m after the birth at the Oct 2015 video...

idk, I still think she&#8217;s pregnant in the circus picture

bbm

She looks more overweight to me too, rather than pregnant.

Must leave for work soon, this whole case is just mind boggling, MOO

"Urban Explorer" New name for trasspasser. heh. You're lucky you haven't been arrested. That does happen sometimes when one is breaking the law.

Not a new name. It's been around for decades. There are even television shows, books, and a couple of movies about us. We're mostly photographers, though some are filmmakers.

I've been "caught" a few times. They've all been pleasant experiences and have led to personal tours of the properties and invitations to return. Motive is important. Urban exploring is a far cry from breaking into something and theft; it's about photo documenting a historical or architecturally interesting structure before it gives way to demolition or neglect. Permission is always sought when the owner is known.

An abandoned house in my state set empty for 30 years. I visited it on many occasions and took hundreds of pictures. I posted them on my website, which is geared towards urban exploring and historical decay. When the new owners bought the house and found my website while researching their new property, they were happy and contacted me. Apparently, someone had stolen the mantels, banisters, and fixtures from the home-my photos pre-theft were the only documentation of what the originals had looked like. They used them to restore the house. The owners later hired me to write a book about the property.

Not a new name. It's been around for decades. There are even television shows, books, and a couple of movies about us. We're mostly photographers, though some are filmmakers.

I've been "caught" a few times. They've all been pleasant experiences and have led to personal tours of the properties and invitations to return. Motive is important. Urban exploring is a far cry from breaking into something and theft; it's about photo documenting a historical or architecturally interesting structure before it gives way to demolition or neglect. Permission is always sought when the owner is known.

An abandoned house in my state set empty for 30 years. I visited it on many occasions and took hundreds of pictures. I posted them on my website, which is geared towards urban exploring and historical decay. When the new owners bought the house and found my website while researching their new property, they were happy and contacted me. Apparently, someone had stolen the mantels, banisters, and fixtures from the home-my photos pre-theft were the only documentation of what the originals had looked like. They used them to restore the house. The owners later hired me to write a book about the property.

Yeah. I did that once in my thirties, (tresspassed for about five minutes!) to show my teenage niece where I had my first job, we were promptly arrested. My kids thought it was hysterical, I was mortified.

I read about the guy who wrote that book. He was arrested as well.

Famous Urban Explorer Is Fighting Trespassing Charges After Being Arrested by the Cleveland Cops"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vi...be-legally-prosecuted-for-urban-exploring-116

<modsnip>

We only have this guy saying there were dead animals. Maybe there weren't.

Well there was also the other neighbor who went in the house and two dogs ran out, they found a kitten in the dumpster as well which they rescued. I wouldn't put it past them at all.

I keep thinking about the fact that the 17-year-old started planning her escape 2 years ago. I've been thinking about what might have happened 2 years ago to make her realize that things were unusually bad. Besides the birth of the 2-year-old, that also seems to be about the time that the traveling and Facebook posting/comments stopped. I wonder what kind of trigger there was to make things go downhill even faster than they had been?

I keep thinking about what happened 2 yrs. ago also, for the 17 yr. old to start planning her escape.
I would suspect she was still getting accosted by her father even if he was only charged with one sexual charge.
I think she started defending herself and fought back so he actually had only successfully made sexual contact one time. She thwarted his attempts until he moved on to try another sibling or he gave up. My guess is he moved on
to one of the weaker siblings and they're not strong enough emotionally or physically to speak of it yet.

In my personal experience (physical abuse only, not sexual) my father continued his cruel punishment towards me
until I was somewhere around 14, 15, or 16, can't recall my age. I finally had had enough and fought back to defend myself against him. He was a big strapping, strong man. But I still fought back with all I had. And I told him he was
never going to beat on me again. He believed me, I guess, because it did stop him as I recall. But I had already told him, while he was beating up a brother, that I was going to call the police if he didn't stop. He stopped. (Coward)

I'm sure that when the police showed up that Sunday morning, those monster parents knew exactly which child had
escaped and turned them in. That was not the first time that she exhibited courage and bravery, it was just the most
important act and most successful at what she intended. Stop the cruelty.

So I believe there was some gruesome attempts at abuse towards the 17 yr. old in 2015 or around there.

Going to Disneyland??

Off the top of my head - I remember Nov. 2012 to Nov. 2013. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong... :)

I'm also wondering about - they were married in 1984 and didn't have a child until 1988 - ?? - I don't think so.... :thinking:

Hi, Niner. :)

Yep, I think those first childless years are strange too.

About #1 being born in CA. That's also definitely interesting. They married in VA in 1985 (almost literally at gunpoint, after being dragged back from Texas). They supposedly returned to Texas after that, and maybe they did.

It seems possible that either they went to Texas anticipating he could find a job, but couldn't and went off to CA in search of one, or, that the job he first had in Texas transferred him back and forth to CA.

#1 was born in 1988. She attended kindergarten through 3rd grade in a school near Fort Worth, Texas, so they had to be living there by 1993 or so, and iirc from the bankruptcy papers, I think they were there in 1992.

Perhaps not coincidentally, it appears that bankruptcy #1 happened in 1992 (bankruptcy #2 filing mentions bankruptcy #1, as has their bankruptcy lawyer, but states that the records for it can't be located).

It sure sounds like they struggled financially (for whatever reasons) from the git go.

Iam actually pretty shocked that NOBODY at all reported the dead dogs, cats and abandoned dogs in the house to anyone? This is bad really bad.. Its Known that people who abuse/kill animals end up abusing/killing people.. and in this case this is what exactly happened!!.

Its really sad how lax people can be with animal abuse still. That was clear abuse, no mistaking there. I mean if they left kids behind like that it would be reported. Why not report that? I just find it odd that None of that was reported .. That is just Not normal to move out of your house and leave behind multiple dead animals and animals trying to survive on dirty diapers.. Its not normal..at least I don't think it is.

Ricky Vinyard walked through the family&#8217;s trailer at the time, and reading reports from California this week reminded him of what he saw.

&#8220;It was waist-deep in filth. There were dead dogs and cats in there,&#8221; he said, the smell &#8220;rancid.&#8221;

He found two Chihuahuas that had survived by eating waste from a mound of soiled diapers. The family&#8217;s Ford F-150 truck was heaped with the dirty diapers and empty Vienna sausage cans, he said, &#8220;It seemed like that&#8217;s all they ate.&#8221;

The couple had claimed to home-school their children, and the feces-littered living room had the trappings of a makeshift classroom, he said, including eight small desks, a chalkboard, alphabet and number signs stapled to the wall.

As he moved from room to room, he noticed something odd: &#8220;Everything had locks on it: The closet had locks, the toy chest, the refrigerator.&#8221;

&#8220;There were no beds, just mattresses,&#8221; he said, and &#8220;There wasn&#8217;t a place in that house that wasn&#8217;t filthy.&#8221;

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-na-perris-texas-20180120-story.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm starting to think that the media are encouraging "witnesses" to come up with stories to fit the narrative. Waist-deep in filth? So he was wading waist deep through diapers and Vienna sausage cans, finding dead dogs and cats in the sludge of rubbish?

And the faeces covered living room with a chalkboard doesn't make sense to me either. I understand why the bedrooms were covered in faeces because the kids were chained up throughout the day which was their night. But were they also restrained and forbidden to go to the toilet during lesson times in the more "normal" period of family life when LT was at least attempting to home-school them? As their lives disintegrated, the living room (I believe) was filled with unopened toys and other hoarded objects, so I doubt the kids were told to do their business on the parents' special possessions.
And multiple dead dogs and cats? He can't say exactly how many dead dogs and cats he saw that day. That's a LOT of dead animals. As much as I believe LT is evil, I don't think she waves a magic wand to strike herds of animals dead once she's finished with a place.
I don't think this guy is credible. It sounds like he's saying what the media wants to hear.

Hi, Niner. :)

Yep, I think those first childless years are strange too.

Won't surprise me to find out that there were other pregnancies in that time period but it also wouldn't surprise me to learn that he didn't want her to get pregnant during those years, either, because of her age. As a former social worker, I worked with a family, once, who had 12 kids. They were all kind of one right after the other, too, but she didn't get pregnant the first time until nearly 5 years into their marriage. They married when she was 18 and, in those early years, he liked keeping her kind of "young" and "childlike." Once she began physically looking and acting more like an adult, he began moving her more into the role of "mother." There was sexual abuse in that family (physical and emotional, yes) but there was definitely a weird slant on youthfulness that both the mother and father liked. The girls continued to dress as much younger children, even when they were in high school.

This case reminds me of that family. In this other case, the house eventually caught on fire and 3 of the kids died in the "accident." Many of us have questions about just how accidental it was. I keep coming back to that situation with every article I read about this case.

I'm starting to think that the media are encouraging "witnesses" to come up with stories to fit the narrative. Waist-deep in filth? So he was wading waist deep through diapers and Vienna sausage cans, finding dead dogs and cats in the sludge of rubbish?

And the faeces covered living room with a chalkboard doesn't make sense to me either. I understand why the bedrooms were covered in faeces because the kids were chained up throughout the day which was their night. But were they also restrained and forbidden to go to the toilet during lesson times in the more "normal" period of family life when LT was at least attempting to home-school them? As their lives disintegrated, the living room (I believe) was filled with unopened toys and other hoarded objects, so I doubt the kids were told to do their business on the parents' special possessions.
And multiple dead dogs and cats? He can't say exactly how many dead dogs and cats he saw that day. That's a LOT of dead animals. As much as I believe LT is evil, I don't think she waves a magic wand to strike herds of animals dead once she's finished with a place.
I don't think this guy is credible. It sounds like he's saying what the media wants to hear.

Especially odd considering that the media is reporting that their current dogs are healthy and appear to be well taken care of.

There's a picture of her pregnant and standing next to a crib. The crib's a nice looking, expensive one. The light-colored carpet is clean and there's no sign of garbage or debris in the photo. It's a huge contrast to what this guy is reporting about their old house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member