CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Elvis impersonator on the family:

"“Watching them now it’s kind of haunting and disturbing,” Ripley told the Associated Press. “They all looked young and thin but I figured it was just their lifestyle. Maybe the activities they did, maybe because of their religious beliefs. I didn’t get that in depth with them but I knew they were a fun family.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...of-strange-behavior-family-and-neighbors-say/

Some people, not necessarily here, have publicly wondered why he didn't make a call to someone. It appears as though, while he might have thought they were a little different, he didn't see anything that would make him pause and consider abuse. My guess is that the entire amount of time he spent with them is seen on tape and while they are a little awkward and shy, they DO appear to be having fun and getting into the shtick.

I want to send them a card or something but I also want to wait. I'm afraid they're going to get all of this attention in the beginning but then, as the year progresses, it will slowly die off and that's when they'll need it the most. I have experience with that. My son died (it was sudden, there was no illness) 7 years ago. For the first few weeks, people were over every day. They were cleaning the house, packing up his toys for me, bringing over dinner, and just sitting with me and visiting. By about the 6-month mark, however, they'd all moved on and I was left almost entirely alone. Unfortunately, that's when I needed people the most. In a lot of traumatic situations, you're kind of running on adrenaline in the beginning; everything is moving so quickly. It takes weeks, and sometimes months, to digest everything and start processing it. The rest of the world has moved on but you're just starting to open your eyes, in a sense. I am therefore going to keep up with this family and try to stay abreast of what's going on so that I can perhaps send something later on, once things have kind of settled and they're not being inundated with so much at once. They're probably going to need it then, too. :-(

That is so thoughtful of you and you are right that is likely to happen. Thanks for thinking of them long term.

OT
This reminded me of a time when we threw my passed on Gram her 80th surprise birthday party. She was the patriarch of the family and an amazing person.

As everyone was preparing to get ready and go to the fancy restauarant we were going to surprise her with I noticed everyone had left her alone in the downstairs area by herself. Everyone upstairs was all excited and getting all ready to go and the special person of the day was all alone. I made sure some of us went down to join her and talk to her before the big announcement was made that this was her day and she was being taken to a special surprise birthday dinner.

Sometimes we all get caught up in the excitement of things and forget what is really important.
For their children it will be the long term care that will be very important.

I'm starting to think that the media are encouraging "witnesses" to come up with stories to fit the narrative. Waist-deep in filth? So he was wading waist deep through diapers and Vienna sausage cans, finding dead dogs and cats in the sludge of rubbish?

And the faeces covered living room with a chalkboard doesn't make sense to me either. I understand why the bedrooms were covered in faeces because the kids were chained up throughout the day which was their night. But were they also restrained and forbidden to go to the toilet during lesson times in the more "normal" period of family life when LT was at least attempting to home-school them? As their lives disintegrated, the living room (I believe) was filled with unopened toys and other hoarded objects, so I doubt the kids were told to do their business on the parents' special possessions.
And multiple dead dogs and cats? He can't say exactly how many dead dogs and cats he saw that day. That's a LOT of dead animals. As much as I believe LT is evil, I don't think she waves a magic wand to strike herds of animals dead once she's finished with a place.
I don't think this guy is credible. It sounds like he's saying what the media wants to hear.

I took it to mean animal feces, not human.

Especially odd considering that the media is reporting that their current dogs are healthy and appear to be well taken care of.

There's a picture of her pregnant and standing next to a crib. The crib's a nice looking, expensive one. The light-colored carpet is clean and there's no sign of garbage or debris in the photo. It's a huge contrast to what this guy is reporting about their old house.

but it would make sense that the crib and area round it looked clean and tidy because that picture she is pregnant with child 13 who was born spring 2015 and they moved to that house Aug 2014 so the photo was probably took not longer after moving in, in autumn 2014, hence not appearing dirty
ETA: I would imagine too that the living area would’ve been one of the latter rooms to become filthy as the children were locked in their rooms mostly and in pictures of the house it shows the crib is in the living area, of course it may have been originally in LT and DT room, but I can’t imagine that their room would’ve been filthy either shortly after moving in.

Won't surprise me to find out that there were other pregnancies in that time period but it also wouldn't surprise me to learn that he didn't want her to get pregnant during those years, either, because of her age. As a former social worker, I worked with a family, once, who had 12 kids. They were all kind of one right after the other, too, but she didn't get pregnant the first time until nearly 5 years into their marriage. They married when she was 18 and, in those early years, he liked keeping her kind of "young" and "childlike." Once she began physically looking and acting more like an adult, he began moving her more into the role of "mother." There was sexual abuse in that family (physical and emotional, yes) but there was definitely a weird slant on youthfulness that both the mother and father liked. The girls continued to dress as much younger children, even when they were in high school.

This case reminds me of that family. In this other case, the house eventually caught on fire and 3 of the kids died in the "accident." Many of us have questions about just how accidental it was. I keep coming back to that situation with every article I read about this case.

Thanks for that insight. From that perspective (if it's accurate) some pieces fall into place. He married a child & wanted to keep her that way, they lived near Disney, childless for 3 years, maybe for both of them those were the best years of their marriage, hence the ongoing efforts by her over the next decades to keep Disney alive.

It would make emotional sense (in a wildly pathological way) that she would have hated each and every child, because each robbed her of her own place as child, and as her daughters grew older, each may have been threatening to her because of his apparent attraction to young girls, even his own.

but it would make sense that the crib and area round it looked clean and tidy because that picture she is pregnant with child 13 who was born spring 2015 and they moved to that house Aug 2014 so the photo was probably took not longer after moving in, in autumn 2014, hence not appearing dirty

True. And they DID say that the baby/toddler was the only one not malnourished so perhaps she got special care and consideration.

Won't surprise me to find out that there were other pregnancies in that time period but it also wouldn't surprise me to learn that he didn't want her to get pregnant during those years, either, because of her age. As a former social worker, I worked with a family, once, who had 12 kids. They were all kind of one right after the other, too, but she didn't get pregnant the first time until nearly 5 years into their marriage. They married when she was 18 and, in those early years, he liked keeping her kind of "young" and "childlike." Once she began physically looking and acting more like an adult, he began moving her more into the role of "mother." There was sexual abuse in that family (physical and emotional, yes) but there was definitely a weird slant on youthfulness that both the mother and father liked. The girls continued to dress as much younger children, even when they were in high school.

This case reminds me of that family. In this other case, the house eventually caught on fire and 3 of the kids died in the "accident." Many of us have questions about just how accidental it was. I keep coming back to that situation with every article I read about this case.

Thank you mtnlites,Yes, similar to this case. I've also heard stories of fathers trying to burn down their home w/ wife
and bunch of kids upstairs in bedroom sleeping. So it's not unheard of.

I still keep wondering what they would have eventually done to these kids, especially the 'unfavored' ones. No doubt
the problems would have kept getting worse. Kids getting weaker and sicker. If not for the 17 yr. old, this story may
have had a totally different ending.

It would make emotional sense (in a wildly pathological way) that she would have hated each and every child, because each robbed her of her own place as child, and as her daughters grew older, each may have been threatening to her because of his apparent attraction to young girls, even his own.

Yes, you may be correct. I also believe that this type lack of nuturing and good care and lack of love towards the
children is a generational thing. Handed down through generations of these same traits. these traits are learned
and handed down from Grandma to momma to daughter. I suspect LT's family of origin had these same traits and
she lived what she had learned. When girls leave home early to marry it's quite often to escape a bad home life.

Iam actually pretty shocked that NOBODY at all reported the dead dogs, cats and abandoned dogs in the house to anyone? This is bad really bad.. Its Known that people who abuse/kill animals end up abusing/killing people.. and in this case this is what exactly happened!!.

Its really sad how lax people can be with animal abuse still. That was clear abuse, no mistaking there. I mean if they left kids behind like that it would be reported. Why not report that? I just find it odd that None of that was reported .. That is just Not normal to move out of your house and leave behind multiple dead animals and animals trying to survive on dirty diapers.. Its not normal..at least I don't think it is.
I pointed out earlier the multiple failures here, but it bears repeating for those who may not see how important it is to report animal abuse of any kind and to make sure that animal control follows up.

I've been in houses like this, and here's what should have happened in this situation.

Animal control goes in to check out report of potentially abandoned /neglected animals.

Police come in with AC and gain access, act as witnesses.

Animals removed.

Health department notified regarding house, even though it appears they have moved.

Interviews with the neighbors reveal that a disabled adult with a caretaker had been living there.

Names of who lived there are found out within the hour and are tracked down to next residence.

Family services is on it because disabled person forced to live in filth.

All because someone called about barking dogs in the house with no care.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

When it says that she went to college with the oldest boy, did she sit in the classroom with him or wait outside?

When it says that she went to college with the oldest boy, did she sit in the classroom with him or wait outside?

It said that she waited outside the classroom door.

Escape from hell: Dramatic video shows 13 house of horror children being rescued by police after years of being being kept chained to their beds and tortured by their evil parents:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5301393/Video-shows-moment-13-children-rescued-police.html

One of them is running! :tantrum:

Everything but the door? Went snooping in a home that bank had foreclosed on. Trespassing. Wonder if he found anything and kept it. Sorry it pet peeve people doing that.
Maybe they took bunk beds with them, some girl maybe his daughter said they had couple sets of bunk beds.
Jmho

I don't have a problem with him doing that. He kept his distance while they lived their, which was right, but went to check out what had been happening after they were gone.

Too bad he didn't call CPS, but I imagine he had no way of knowing where they had gone.

Escape from hell: Dramatic video shows 13 house of horror children being rescued by police after years of being being kept chained to their beds and tortured by their evil parents:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5301393/Video-shows-moment-13-children-rescued-police.html

I saw that yesterday and couldn't help but think, "Good for them!" I'd probably have been running, too, if I was able. Someone also appears to be carrying the baby.

Oh wow, what a disaster that would have been if they made it to Oklahoma. An old acquaintance of mine moved to Ok.
a few years back. Seems there's lots of very cheap land there and lots of very rural areas where there would be no
eyes watching the family. Wonder who the defense contractor is there?

Northrop Grumman is also in Oklahoma City, and has quite a few jobs listed there.

http://www.northropgrumman.com/Jobs/Oklahoma-City/

All I could think of when I saw this was "Somebody opened the Prison Gates"!!!!!!

I wonder why they were going to move... It doesn't sound like the neighbours or anyone else were onto them 🤔

My prediction for the plea bargain, which I think is inevitable.

12 counts of torture - dropped
12 counts of false *imprisonment - guilty plea
Seven counts of abuse of a dependent adult - guilty plea
Six counts of child abuse - guilty plea
One count of sexually abusing a child - probably dropped.

On the 37 counts they will be sentenced to consecutive sentences. Which will equal multiple life sentences.

What incentive to do they have to take a guilty plea for multiple life sentences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member