CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am saddened that the children are separated, but I think it is for the best in many ways. I would be surprised if there was not at least one child who is brainwashed/victimized enough to be advocating for the parents, and possibly encouraging the other kids to be quiet or lie. I recently binged on a lot of FLDS escape stories, and this was the common thread...most of the kids happy and excited to leave the cult, with one or two children taking on the role of cult leader (in the sense of demanding loyalty to the cult, making the other children feel guilty, sabotaging efforts at recovery, etc.)

I may have already posted this. My s.t. memory isn't the greatest (lots of stuffs over the years) but, I was watching the vid online again, and my spouse looked over, and asked what I was watching. I said the Elvis vow renewal. He said, I thought so... We both agreed that the guy is NOT a very good impersonator, nor singer, and we could not for the life of us see the allure of three renewals (nor one for that matter), but, that Elvis dude DOES seem to be a purdy nice fella. I can't watch it for long either though, it' too campy, I guess is the word, but I do watch a clip here and there because, in part I find it is so bizarre, and in part, because I can tell the kids are having fun. This case makes me feel like I need a shower, constantly, but, watching Elvis guy give the kids a fun outing, does help me with it, a bit, but, I agree, I personally do not find him a very good impersonator, but that doesn't take away from him likely being a nice fella though.

I agree. His singing left a lot to be desired but he did try hard to draw the kids out. I really don't see in those videos that the kids were having fun. Their responses seemed a bit staged to me. They laughed whenever he said something to them directly but it sounded forced to me. In other words they only laughed when they were expected to. The only spontaneous laughter I saw was when they were laughing at DT when he messed up. They never laughed at LT at all.

When I watched those videos I couldn't help thinking that those kids just sat there quietly while DT and LT were dancing to some of the more upbeat music. They only got up and danced when Elvis called for them to. If that had been the kids in my family they would have been up there rocking the stage during those numbers without being asked to do so. Adults too. Dancing in the aisle. Overall I didn't get the vibe that it was a truly joyous occasion for those kids. More like a "sit down and keep your mouth shut or you are in for it when we get home" occasion.

But to give Elvis props he tried hard to draw them into the whole thing.

JMO

Knowing what we know so far, why would anyone want to go into that hell hole and start poking around in LT’s and DT’s underwear drawers and closets? Orange prison jumpsuits seem more appropriate to me. IMO.
If I were the attorney, I would have just bought them a cheap jacket from Goodwill. I imagine their court clothes were smelly [emoji90][emoji103]

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

The stories about the eldest and the boy getting bullied in school, the girl getting teased because of the way she dressed/smelt etc, the boy asking his mom if he could be friends with the girl from his music class. Ugh. Then he disappeared after that? I wonder what punishment he received for asking if he could have a friend. I know the abuse they received at home was far worse than what went on when they were free for a while but these things are sticking with me. The thought of them struggling to stay alive at home and then being teased for it out of the home and having no one to confide in. I hate this world.

Why would they dye their hair? With all due respect, that doesn't make sense. The picture you posted and the earlier picture were took years apart. All this means is that their hair has darkened with age.

There is clear evidence that the children were physically objectified. They were turned into props, particularly obvious in the staged events and photos. This is a common evidence of abuse. When a person is objectified, everything that makes them unique and human is taken away. How far did these parents go to objectify their children?

We see it when they are all wearing the same clothing and shoes, and all have the same hair cuts, girls all the same length and all the children the same colour. Considering that they had a bath once a year, it is not inconceivable that they also got a hair cut once a year, probably in preparation for an "event" and had their hair dyed at the same time to eliminate any personal differences between sibling. Given the parents' hair colour, having 12 children with the identical dark hair is not genetically expected.

If their hair was dyed, then I have no doubt that will be used as evidence in court for the abuse that they sustained, for as you say, there is no logical reason why their hair would be dyed. It's inconceivable in a normal parent-child relationship, but in this case, the relationship was so depraved, that it goes beyond imagining.

One time he remembered 'my entire third grade class scoffing at her one day' when a teacher asked her to take a hair scrunchy made form foil wrapper from an old Hershey's bar out of her hair.
Dr Muntajibuddin said despite her treatment the 'she had this whimsical optimism to her that couldn't be dampened, couldn't be doused no matter what anybody threw at her.
He added that this 'cheerful disposition' is what makes him 'certain' she will 'prevail' despite her ordeal.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-school-classmate-reveals.html#ixzz5572kn0lY
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Not sure if this has been posted, this elementary school classmate describes I think the oldest child in Fort Worth, as frail, smelly, same clothes every day, and bullied... His full FB post is in the article.

This is very sad and horrifying on a couple of levels; one, it dates the parents abuse back to early days TX., and two, you would think a teacher(s), school nurse, playground monitors, someone, would notice this condition and alert authorities as to the condition of this child?

I'm really sad to read that the children/adults are going to be separated. I'm sure there are reasons behind this. I'd assume they will have regular contact though..or at least I'd hope so.

Re the children's hair being dyed...I don't think so, even in the pic with the blue tshirts you can see their hair is darker than when they were younger but it's still brown, dark brown in my opinion, and it's just got darker with age. My children were all blonde when they were babies, right up to around 4 and they are all very dark brown now, almost black.

Does anyone know if the parents are back in court today? I'm sure I read they were, that their lawyer had to get them some clothes, or was that in reference to the last court appearance?

The second link has a photo of 2 beds, one with zip ties but the brown bed seems to have a big round thing in it which may be the big round 'target' one child drew himself/herself trapped under.

Zip ties secured on the headboard/foot board/whichever could be for anything - such as tying a toy or such onto the bed, so I am not jumping to a conclusion that zip ties were used on the children. They could have been, but that is too speculative to add to a 'fact' list for me.

In the US they are quite different.

“Nursing home” is a Skilled Nursing Facility. Private pay, private insurance, and/or Medicare (Medicaid). The SNF is staffed by licensed nurses, both entry level and advanced. A Nurse Practioner or sometimes an MD is on staff. It is essentially a pared down hospital room. Oxygen can be given bedside, medication rounds are made 3 times a day, etc. Food can be delivered to the bed or they can eat in a common area with other patients. The ones I worked with had a little hair salon, activities room, common TV area, physical therapy equipment including a heated pool, and common areas for visiting families. Many now have “Memory Care” units or wings that specialize in Alzheimer’s with locked down units to prevent patients from wandering off.

Someone up thread described Assisted Living very well, but a Nursing home is in fact much different level of care for patients.

ETA in a SNF, there is a patient to caregiver (nurse) ratio that must be maintained at all times, including night shifts. The ratio is governed by the state that the SNF operates in.

The ones I worked with were very luxurious with guest chefs coming to make special dinners once a week. They had a sweet van to take residents out to the grocery store and other activities around town. They were essentially cute little condos. Veeeeery expensive, but medication management is provided and there are nursing staff on site (although must less than a SNF).

HTH

I wondered about the locked memory care units in an assisted living facility coming into play. The survivors certainly are not criminals but I imagine the authorities want to keep them from running away/wandering off. I know you had to have a code to get out of my grandmother's unit.

All children are receiving IV antibiotics, vitamins and nutrition."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nb...ing-Music-Class-With-Him-470086943.html?amp=y

" The children are now recovering in hospital, being injected with antibiotics, nutrients and vitamins through an IV."

http://www.kidspot.com.au/parenting...n/news-story/6541272ec2374483a2c5423df4e42a48

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

FWIW, IVs are not supplied in a SNF. They would need to be in a hospital proper to receive IV meds.

I can't help but wonder what those poor kids are thinking now a week later, I bet they still can't believe it's really all over, they must be in total shock every day when they wake up not covered in filth and dirt and no horrors waiting for them. How lovely to think of them enjoying this totally new feeling of pure freedom, I just hope their path to recovery doesn't take too long and that fear leaves them soon.

I wondered about the locked memory care units in an assisted living facility coming into play. The survivors certainly are not criminals but I imagine the authorities want to keep them from running away/wandering off. I know you had to have a code to get out of my grandmother's unit.

You are correct, going BOTH in and out of a memory care unit is by key code or RFID badge.

It may be more about making them feel safe that nobody can get into the facility and get them.

FWIW, IVs are not supplied in a SNF. They would need to be in a hospital proper to receive IV meds.
Yeah, and they were. I'm talking about when they were admitted to the hospital.

Yeah, and they were. I'm talking about when they were admitted to the hospital.

Yep, I was directing that towards the folks who asked for clarification regarding level of care in each type of facility - SNF, AL, and hospital proper.

[/I]
Sounds like many conservative christian gulags well known to fundie-watchers. One that comes to mind is in Indiana and also is still open. The stories about hormones used to stop menstruation (as well as the starvation methods) are horrifying. @disgruntled -- kudos to you for continuing to help these brave and innocent young women.

I'm having a little problem with this "conservative Christian" concept. What a masquerade, huh?
We need to stop worrying so much about homeschooling and focus instead on these, ahem, "conservative Christian" reformatory schools. What a load of garbage.[/QUOTE]I don't believe the Turpin case to be about conservative Christianity. Their lifestyle did not match up with fundamentalist Christian values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member