CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Working backwards~I know I missed some posts. The name of the institution/school is Hephzibah House. It is in Warsaw/Winona Lake Indiana USA. Can I start a new thread or topic on it?

I’m absolutely horrified after doing a quick Google search on this place. The abuse of young girls that’s been going there since the early 70’s and still going on today. And all of this in the name of God? How can they get away with this? [emoji35]

disgruntled, you are so very brave, and I thank you for sharing your horrific story. I am very sorry you had to endure such terrible abuse. Please, if there’s any thing that I can do to help expose these evil people to the proper authorities and/or the media, please let me know.

ETA: Are there any LE or journalists/media reading here tonight that could possibly help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe both. But I would guess DT's father or brother is getting involved "to hear the other side of the story".
We know his father has been trying to get in touch with the children. He admitted it to a reporter.
I hope those children are kept in protective custody, somewhere safe where their stories cannot be forcibly changed.
You know it's happening or the DA would not have requested the hearing. JMO.

I would be very concerned about DT's father. He impresses me as a real trouble-maker. With prior cases we've seen defendent's parent/parents try to influence the case through the media.............Scott Peterson's parents - particularly his mother; Darren Mack's mother and brother; Casey Anthony's parents - particularly her mother, etc. But this case is different because from all reports, it appears the victims are vulnerable to anyone who shows them kindness. They must be protected!

The report I saw said the parents always ordered the same thing at Taco Bell: six Mountain Dews and a Root Beer. Who were those for if not some of the kids?

The DA did say that they would have food and leave it out to taunt them. Or maybe they are super sadistic and it was part of a twisted game. I do not think they were giving soda to the kids, unless it was to taunt them and humiliate them. JMO

This is from the www.courts.ca.gov website:

"In felony cases, after the arraignment, if the case does not settle or get dismissed the judge holds a preliminary hearing. At this hearing, the judge will decide if there is enough evidence that the defendant committed the crime to make the defendant have to appear for a trial. If the judge decides that there is enough evidence, the prosecutor will file a document called “the Information.” Then, the defendant will be arraigned, a second time, on the Information. At that time, the defendant will enter a plea and proceed to trial. Before the trial:

• The prosecution and the defense exchange information. This is called “discovery.” Defendants may be limited in what information they are able to see, but their lawyers usually are not. This is because lawyers are required by law to protect the identity of witnesses while still preparing a defense so that the witnesses are not put in jeopardy. This is why it is so important that a defendant charged with a misdemeanor or felony be represented by a lawyer.
  • Either side can file pretrial motions, including motions to set aside (cancel) the complaint, to dismiss the case, or to prevent evidence from being used at trial.
  • The defendant can change his or her plea to guilty or no contest.
  • The judge and lawyers from both sides may talk about how the case can be resolved without going to trial."

I would be very concerned about DT's father. He impresses me as a real trouble-maker. With prior cases we've seen defendent's parent/parents try to influence the case through the media.............Scott Peterson's parents - particularly his mother; Darren Mack's mother and brother; Casey Anthony's parents - particularly her mother, etc. But this case is different because from all reports, it appears the victims are vulnerable to anyone who shows them kindness. They must be protected!

Any family member who insinuates, or comes right out and says, that they need to hear "the parents' side" or "the whole story" before making up their mind should be kept away from the children at this time, IMO. That's not an influence they need at this time.

I’m so sorry! I was actually agreeing with you for the most part, but just saying he got a pass in my book. I didn’t mean it as a criticism of you.❤️

Thank you. Perhaps I'm just being a bit touchy these days...

I’m so far behind... a whole thread. Ugh. I’ll never catch up at this rate. Well, here to reading :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff of websleuths are all out with the flu and I am too new to start a thread myself it seems. It may be a couple days

I will start it for you or if anyone else wants to they can,.What section should it be in and what title?

I love ya, Rocket! (We've been in the Abby and Libby thread since the beginning. I feel bonded.) To be honest, I didn't even see YOUR post until afterwards. I was replying to a response to a response to it.

I actually think your comment is kind of funny. As an Elvis impersonator he WAS a bad one. (I can't believe I am publicly admitting this but I have dated not one but TWO Elvis impersonators in the past. I've seen a lot.) As a performer and in the context of this story, however, he seems okay.

Things have gotten heated today. I've walked away twice in tears from comments directed at me on this board. I think everyone's emotions are running high. I mean, this story kind of does that to us. It's pretty bad.

Thank you. Maybe I'm just being a bit too touchy these days. I don't know... Anyhow, I'm sorry to hear you dated two Elvis impersonators! LOL. I hope they were at least good ones!

I have not heard them called "turn ups" before and I think you mean the bottom of the pant legs being folded up so the pants fit. Yea its incredible. You can tell the parents didnt even get their kids properly fitted clothes.

You can tell the bottoms are not sewed because one of the older girls the folded area fell down. Its so sad.

This photo is a good example of their weight being so thin. Look at how all their arms are really thin from the oldest all the way down to the youngest. Very little difference in arm circumfrance. So sad. There should be much more disparity in arm thickness based on their ages and we dont see that. Ugggggg

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=129168&stc=1
Parents didn't even know what sizes the kids were wearing at the time.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Agreed!

I was 95 pounds at 26, when I went for my first pregnancy appointment. I was NATURALLY that way. Being naturally thin does not mean you're unhealthy. These children weren't this thin naturally. They were starved. Doctors have said their muscles were wasting. Being naturally thin and being starved cannot even be compared. It's silly!!!!!!!!!!
I think the reason it keeps coming up is because people want to know how to recognize the difference. How can we tell if it's just naturally thin or intentional starvation?

My thoughts on who the mother of the two year old is... It seems that the 17 year old for sure was very willing to share details of her parents' actions with LE. LE is usually quite hesitant to identify remains, or make statements about parentage, until DNA results are returned. In this case, without DNA that we know of, they readily stated "we believe the children are all DT & LT's." The only scoure they would have for this so quickly is the children. If it weren't for the current "lewd act" charge, one could say - maybe it hasn't opened up for LE to ask the children to answer such difficult questions yet. But it's there, indicating that subject has been brought up, at least with the shero. If she's willing to expose the "lewd act" I think she would have brought up "rape resulting in pregnancy", as I'm sure she had been told that the more crimes she could expose, the better chances were to make sure her parents were locked up forever. If the LE/DA had even an inkling that the baby wasn't LT's, I think they would have jumped all over it. The only situation I can think of, if the baby belongs to one of the girls, for the DA to keep quiet about it, is if for some legal reason they thought it would be better for the case to wait until they can present DNA proof.

(Just a request...when you post a link I'd so appreciate it if you could add a sentence giving a summation or point drawn from it. I wish I had time to read all these--but it will help me know if there's anything new I'm needing to read. Thanks!)
Yes I know, sorry, whenever I try to edit my post it gets deleted, sorry!

Staff of websleuths are all out with the flu and I am too new to start a thread myself it seems. It may be a couple days
Does that mean we can party? [emoji3]

You will be able to start a thread after a certain amount of posts, but I can't remember the number. Also, I would start it in the jury room if I were you, so that only members can see it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

May have taken that long to get hold of the phone and charger, especially if the place was a mess. Likely found it while packing.

I imagine those kids overheard a discussion about getting new phones and watched and waited until the new phone arrived, then systematically searched for that old phone in the house perhaps as a group (whoever was not shackled at the time. When they found the phone they would have had to hide it until they could grab incriminating photo's without being caught, then they would have had to wait until they had an opportunity to get out. I imagine that they were not left with sharp objects or things they could pick locks with so they would have had to find and hide something to cut the screen. At Hephzibah House they sunk screws inside the windows so they could not be opened and nailed the screens in place. Also at Hephzibah house they took pains to keep our shoes under lock and key so we could not easily run. I can easily see this plan taking two years. I can also see the packing up process being a catalyst. Perhaps fear of being discovered with these items or fear of being moved somewhere where help would not be easy to get. I also know that we all certainly feared for our lives should we be caught escaping. Who would know if Williams called a parent and said so and so ran away in the night. We all knew no one would look too hard for us.

I love ya, Rocket! (We've been in the Abby and Libby thread since the beginning. I feel bonded.) To be honest, I didn't even see YOUR post until afterwards. I was replying to a response to a response to it.

I actually think your comment is kind of funny. As an Elvis impersonator he WAS a bad one. (I can't believe I am publicly admitting this but I have dated not one but TWO Elvis impersonators in the past. I've seen a lot.) As a performer and in the context of this story, however, he seems okay.

Things have gotten heated today. I've walked away twice in tears from comments directed at me on this board. I think everyone's emotions are running high. I mean, this story kind of does that to us. It's pretty bad.
Oh, no! I'm pretty sure I've replied to you today, so I hope I didn't trigger any tears!

Hugs. This is a tough thread.

The report I saw said the parents always ordered the same thing at Taco Bell: six Mountain Dews and a Root Beer. Who were those for if not some of the kids?

Just like my ex. When we figured it up, he was receiving at least 1200-1400 calories a day via alcohol and pop He was only around 5'6, and that was pushing it on a good day, and I'd say med boned for a man. When we were together, I cooked fairly large, sit down, family style, meals every night. He still drank a lot of calories during that time too, and even though he was more active, and working then, he got a bit overweight during that time...

When we split he just drank. Period. He couldn't boil water and wouldn't even heat anything up for himself in the microwave. However, although he was sedentary (very, very, very sedentary), and was getting at least 1,200-1400 calories, via alcohol and pop, yet he was still severely malnourished. He was getting calories, but zero, to little, nourishment.

Also, his friends, and our son, saw him regularly, so they didn't see the change. It was slow, so their eyes adapted to the physical change. I didn't really notice because he was always sitting down when I saw him or he had on a baggy shirt, and sweats. I knew that he looked like Hell but he was an alcoholic who'd, sadly, lost any interest in his appearance quite some time ago.

The link below is about nutrition, hunger, and malnutrition. Even if the kids had gotten a Taco Bell soft taco (170 calories) and a large pop (380 calories), one time per day, for years, there would not have been enough calories or nutrients to keep them from becoming malnourished.

http://kidshealth.org/en/teens/hunger.html

exactly how would those students get clean clothes? Hopefully teachers and other staff are getting smarter about the needs of kids
This is truly disturbing to hear of teachers behaving like that. Here in Minneapolis and St Paul, schools have washers and dryers for students in these situations.

Any family member who insinuates, or comes right out and says, that they need to hear "the parents' side" or "the whole story" before making up their mind should be kept away from the children at this time, IMO. That's not an influence they need at this time.

I'm wondering if DT's father has some dementia issues going on. My father does and he's very stubborn when questioned. Notice that they haven't been offering opinions lately. I also think they live a sheltered life and don't realize how this has impacted everyone that reads it. They may very have thought last week that it was a local thing.

ETA: I agree the siblings don't need to be around any "family"! They need to be protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member