CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my sons case it is. Mind you we are in Canada. He will be going to a place called Traverse. http://www.traverseindependence.ca/en/index.aspx

His insurance company is covering the cost until his lawsuit settles. My son knows how to live as he has lived in his own but was actively using meth. So in essence he actually doesn’t know how to live without me or drugs on his own. He is leaving jail, for Teen challenge farm and then to traverse. I’m not sure what program he will be under yet with their care.
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You and your son have my best wishes. My friend is going through something kind of similar with an adult child who began using. He is a vet, so has to go through the v.a. She's had quite the battle. I hope everything turns out good for your son. :)

Tilted in the state’s favor because.....................

Shackled to beds in their own wastes is ok because they got to go to Disneyland?

A shower once a year is ok because they made a Christmas display?

The Christmas display is pathetic. I suppose the Turpins thought they would get a prize with it,

I

The woman-monster appearing outside and laughing in public about how young her children looked to everyone, with several of those survivors at her side whose physical, emotional, and intellectual growth she and man-monster had stunted with profound deprivation and abuse?

There is nothing exculpatory whatsoever about this information. IMO it is one of the most sickening things that has come out so far.

Did LT finish high school? I know she got married at 16 and they moved away.

This is pretty much what I thought.

I don't have FB, but I know about it. Their presence seems skimpy. I think it was done to appease old people specifically.

I think it would seem worse to see the mother of 13 kids sitting on Facebook all day.

There's a lot that sensational about the reporting in this case...starting with the headlines that were splashed everywhere in the news and social media. I would expect this from the Mirror or Daily Telegraph, but not NBC

NEWS JAN 16 2018, 10:26 AM ET
California parents arrested after 13 children found shackled, held captive in their Perris home (link)

Obviously the 29 yr old escapee was not found shackled. There were actually 2 or 3 found shackled and there were no charges against them related to the baby.

Do these statements of fact minimize the neglect and abuse these children and adults suffered?

3 children were shackled yes. Are we cherry picking how many were shackled and minimizing the three that were because all 13 were not at the time of rescue? Were the 7 adults that lived there being held against their will, i.e. "Captive".

Yes.

The fact that the media sensationalizes headlines does not negate the FACTS in this case. Also, the headline you provided is not hyperlinked.

Which news source had this headline?

The woman-monster appearing outside and laughing in public about how young her children looked to everyone, with several of those survivors at her side whose physical, emotional, and intellectual growth she and man-monster had stunted with profound deprivation and abuse?

There is nothing exculpatory whatsoever about this information. IMO it is one of the most sickening things that has come out so far.

The one who her son felt the need to ask her if he could make a friend. At 24. That says a lot about the level of control his parents had over him.

There's a lot that sensational about the reporting in this case...starting with the headlines that were splashed everywhere in the news and social media. I would expect this from the Mirror or Daily Telegraph, but not NBC

NEWS JAN 16 2018, 10:26 AM ET
California parents arrested after 13 children found shackled, held captive in their Perris home (link)

Obviously the 29 yr old escapee was not found shackled. There were actually 2 or 3 found shackled and there were no charges against them related to the baby.

Do these statements of fact minimize the neglect and abuse these children and adults suffered?
Let's not get off track talking about headlines we haven't discussed. The conversation we're currently having is about facts that have been discussed here. Not once has anyone here presented sensational headlines as fact.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am saddened that the children are separated, but I think it is for the best in many ways. I would be surprised if there was not at least one child who is brainwashed/victimized enough to be advocating for the parents, and possibly encouraging the other kids to be quiet or lie. I recently binged on a lot of FLDS escape stories, and this was the common thread...most of the kids happy and excited to leave the cult, with one or two children taking on the role of cult leader (in the sense of demanding loyalty to the cult, making the other children feel guilty, sabotaging efforts at recovery, etc.)

Yes. I think a lot about what they have internalized about the world to make them too fearful to ever simply walk out the front door. The DA gave examples of one or more not knowing what at policeman was, or what medication was. Not totally beyond the realm of possibility. But also, if they had been trained (as we know they were) never to speak to outsiders and then suddenly face up to being removed and their parents taken away, regardless of any sense of relief, they may have simply been unable to respond to all the questions. "I don't know," is a good safe answer.

I remember watching one of the FLDS escape stories in which a mom and kids were successfully taken out, but the mom was too afraid to stay with the rescuers and she took the kids and went back. In another, one of the rescued young women systematically went through the safe house refrigerator throwing away forbidden foods. IOW, this stuff is DEEP, folks.

keep posting updates on presser, I am at work...UGH. But I am shocked to hear that DNA showed that all children were from parents.

Turpin parents allowed no contact for the next 3 YEARS!
PER HLN
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How about adding the examining doctors at Riverside Medical Center and Corona Regional Medical Center.
..and the deputies... I don't believe there is a grand hoax, conspiracy or false accusation in this case.

https://www.pe.com/2018/01/21/how-d...ris-torture-case-probably-like-everyone-else/

"...Riverside County sheriff’s deputies who rescued the Turpin siblings after one escaped from their Perris home on Sunday, Jan. 14, as well as hospital staff who are now taking care of them, are likely responding to the siblings’ plight like everyone else — with a wide range of complex emotions.

“I’ll tell you what people say to me: ‘I don’t understand. I don’t understand,’ ” said psychotherapist Nancy Bohl-Penrod, director of The Counseling Team International. “My reaction is: Be glad that you don’t.”

...“For those parents to do what they did to those children – it’s evil,” Riverside police/fire chaplain Steve Ballinger said.

...Hospital employees and first responders have access to group debriefings. Riverside County provides access to one-on-one therapy for employees who encounter trauma during difficult work situations.

...Bohl-Penrod has spoken with some of the first responders and expects she and three others on her team will begin critical-incident debriefings next week.

She said first responders have kind hearts and many have children in their lives. Their likely reactions could include disbelief, anger, sadness, frustration and possibly even guilt, said Bohl-Penrod. ..."

Am I really reading a discussion here about whether or not these children & adults were, to use LE's term- tortured? (!)

Not only were they dressed the same and had the same hair, not a single child had a bracelet, a tie in their hair, different socks, a ring, lipgloss, a watch, ANYTHING to mark them as even slightly different. It weirded me out when I first saw the pics, even before I learned the full extent of the horror. Even in pics of Amish families the kids have marks of differentiation.

I think the girls always had on the same type sandals too, and the boys the same type sneaks or those huge black shoes (Elvis vid). :(

I don’t know why it bothers me so much but the cuffs are folded so much on most of the younger kids

I know why it bothers me (I'm still trying to get through all the threads, so I'm behind!!!) - it's because those pj's were probably a gift from a relative who purchased them based on the children's ages and presumed sizes, but because the kids were so stunted and small, they were swimming in those pants. If you're in size 12's but are the size of a 7 year old, that's just about how those pants would look. So, so, so awful.

I have wondered why it would take these kids two years to come up with the plan they used? On the outside looking in, their plan does not seem too elaborate. Since they didn’t go to school, or have any contact with the outside world, what knowledge did they gain in these two years of planning?

Maybe they weren't literally planning it for 2 years, but made a decision to escape and it was 2 years before they got their opportunity.

I, for one, am getting back to the real discussion of the victims, their situation and condition, and their future.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well then, let's just dispense with the trial and build a gallows in front of the courthouse. Is that what you want?

I think you mean for whom.

Justice is justice, and will apply to LT and DT and all thirteen children (minors and adults).

The voice of reason. Thank you, Bill Carson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28