CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing this forward again.

Both have 12 counts of torture

Both have 12 counts of false imprisonment

She has 11 counts of child endangerment and he has 6

She has 6 willful harm to a child and he has 5

Both have 7 harm/cruelty to a dependent adult

He has 1 lewd act.

Did I count these right? Please check my work.

DT charges: http://jimspub.riversidesheriff.org/cgi-bin/iisinfo.acu?bkno=201801856P
LT charges:
http://jimspub.riversidesheriff.org/cgi-bin/iisinfo.acu?bkno=201801857P

ETA to add links from Kizzykat

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

In the picture of the bathroom from their old house, does it appear that the flooring has buckled? It looks like 2 tracts coming from the toilet toward the door to me. (Sorry if this has already been discussed).
ETA
I remember the person who bought the property said had to replace rotted flooring.

I think that is just the linoleum coming up

The interesting thing I see is "revenge". Revenge for what? Trying to escape or caught in some other act to expose the parents?
It also says extortion. But it says "or" any sadistic purposes. I don't think revenge is the key word here.

From water damage maybe? Could this be a clue about not bathing & restricted use of bathroom?

I don't know it could be why they thought kids were "playing" in the water.

but just so everyone knows the pictures are of the house in Texas not the house in Parris.

Can you guide me to where the photos of the hearing are?

I can't find them on that page!

They were there when I posted then the station removed them. I will find some for you.

The interesting thing I see is "revenge". Revenge for what? Trying to escape or caught in some other act to expose the parents?

This language may just be tracking the statute.

It also says extortion. But it says "or" any sadistic purposes. I don't think revenge is the key word here.

I don't think I implied revenge as being key.

I find it interesting to use that word because it's telling that the parents needed to exact revenge for something. I just wonder what?

The damage to the bathroom floor appears to be from either water damage or just normal wear and tear. I am in the construction field and if the flooring is cheap, it will not hold.

My takes as to why other relatives or neighbors did not notice the horrors in the Turpin's homes: (Also why Social Services was never called by them to help the kids:)

1.) They have some obligation through a crazy cult-like religion to be loyal to the family even in the face of the homes' horrors as well as the terrible health and lack of safety for the kids. "I can't do nothing. The Commandments say "Honor They Father and They Mother." " Using fanatical religion over common sense.

2.) Over the years, David and Louise became so controlling so domineering and threatening that relatives were forbidden to talk about how they raised the kids. David and Louise broke them down. (Kids and all other relatives.) If you tried to interfere with the Turpin's lives in any way that they did not like, you were never ever forgiven and shut off from everything they did. The relatives and neighbors were afraid to act, for fear of retaliation by the Turpins.

3.) The relatives are mentally incompetent to understand the dangers that the kids experienced. They were desensitized to the horror.

Satch

I don't think I implied revenge as being key.

I find it interesting to use that word because it's telling that the parents needed to exact revenge for something. I just wonder what?
I guess what I'm saying is that I suspect this is simply how this charge is generally worded and that "revenge" and "extortion" likely do not apply in this case. Sadistic purposes does apply. There are a lot of "ors" in there for a reason.
5bb61c1ba5e9e9d3df872d25ea44afb0.jpg

Looking at the case so far, the surface is just being scratched. I suspect the abuse had been going on before 2010.

I saw 20/20 about David and Louise Turpin. I think they could be injustice collectors.

Injustice Collectors
http://www.psybersquare.com/family/family_injustice.html

Characteristics of Injustice Collectors:
1.) Injustice Collectors are convinced that they are never wrong. How is it possible that they are never wrong? It is simple: They are always right.

2.) Injustice Collectors never apologize. Ever. For anything.

3.) Injustice Collectors truly believe that they are morally and ethically superior to others and that others chronically do not hold themselves to the same high standards as the injustice collector does.

4.) Injustice Collectors make the rules, break the rules and enforce the rules of the family. They are a combined legislator, police, and judge and jury of

5.) Injustice Collectors never worry about what is wrong with themselves as their "bad list" grows. Their focus is always on the failings of others.

6.) Injustice Collectors are never upset by the disparity of their rules for others with their own expectations of themselves.

7.) Injustice Collectors rationalize their own behavior with great ease and comfort.

David and Louise Turpin show all seven characteristics.

Here are more with 20 characteristics
http://www.lisaescott.com/forum/2009/11/25/are-they-injustice-collector

Characteristics of Injustice Collectors

1. Injustice collectors are never wrong. How is it possible that they are never wrong? It's simple: They are always right.

2. Injustice collectors never apologize. Ever. For anything.

3. Injustice collectors truly believe they are morally and ethically superior to others and that others seem incapable of holding themselves to the same high standards as the injustice collector does.

4. Injustice collectors make the rules, break the rules and enforce the rules of the family. They are a combination of legislator, police, judge and jury to those they consider their subjects. They forever banish from their kingdom any subject they deem disloyal, and only grant clemency if there is sufficient (in their eyes) contrition.

5. Injustice collectors never worry about what is wrong with them as their "bad" list grows. Their focus is always on the failings of others.

6. Injustice collectors are never troubled by the disparity between their rules for others and their own expectations of themselves. Injustice collectors rationalize their own behavior with great ease and comfort.

7. Injustice collectors have an external orientation; the problem always exists in the world, outside of themselves, and in their view, the world would be an acceptable place if their rules and standards were followed at all times.

8. Injustice collectors do not have a capacity for remorse, empathy or guilt.

9. Injustice collectors scoff at the idea of therapy, therapists, self-help books, and other tools used by people who struggle to live with them.

10. The phrase "walking on eggshells" describes life with an injustice collector.

11. The IC (injustice Collector) will prey upon your weaknesses to frame all issues in their terms.

12. IC's will always cry foul when you are 'mean' to them and accuse you of being nasty when you are confronting them with their negative behavior.

13. They are titanically insecure and cannot trust anyone. All relationships they have, even with their own parents and children and trustless and must be reinforced by subordination over and over.

14. They can only strengthen relationships through imprisoning their mates and banning behaviors and other relationships. Friends and family are a huge threat to the IC.

15. They must repetitively revisit situations where you service them, give in to them and agree with them. They will over time shrink your world to a small plot of empty activities that only they like. They are terrified of travel, meeting new people, understanding new concepts and paroling you from any punishment they have previously 'convicted' you of.

16. They do not care about you at all, they care about aggrandizing themselves with you as an assistant producer.

17. They will occasionally do something for you, but if you are not completely brainwashed, it will be a negative experience for you in the end. Example is throwing you a birthday party. I guarantee you will not have fun at your own party.

18. They will force you to choose between them and other things you like or love. The more you choose them, the more they will make you choose them over and over. They do not understand the concept of loyalty at all.

19. Hypocrisy is their modus operandi for debating and arguing with you. Everything they say about you is true about them. (aka Projection) It makes it so you try to 'win' fights by getting them to agree with you, which they never can because their whole position is false.

20. Your life will disappear into their lives. Your hopes and dreams will fade, even in your own mind. You will eat what they want, you will watch what they want on TV, you will vacation where they want, or not at all.

David and Louise Turpin show all twenty characteristics.

Injustice collectors are often very controlling as they are paranoid. They are prone to extreme anger and in some cases extreme violence.

Injustice collectors are usually seen in mass killers and terrorists like Stephen Paddock, Devin Kelley, Omar Mateen, Seung-Hui Cho, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris, Elliot Rodger, and Osama bin Laden. There are many abusers who are considered injustice collectors like Gertrude Baniszewski, Lori Drew, Eliza Baker, Kayla Narey, and Theresa Knorr.

This what I think. I am sure we will hear more about them.

To be honest, this is the first time I have heard the phrase "Injustice Collector". Am more familiar with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, although I do not think this applies to DT and LT.

I think in their case, it may be a combination of psychiatric definitions.

Or they quite possibly invented something very new.

That could be it. So basically some apply and some don't in the truest since of the words used?

I googled the relevant statue California Penal Code 206 which is the crime of 'torture'. The definition of torture for purposes of the crime includes all of the things you see listed the complaint. One or all may be applicable for the crime of torture and may be applicable in the instant case, but this is the statutory language being tracked in the complaint.

“A pair of Southern California parents who are accused of starving, chaining and abusing their 13 children for years were ordered not to attempt to communicate with the children for the next three years.

David and Louise Turpin said nothing during a brief court appearance Wednesday afternoon. They have pleaded not guilty to torture charges and remain in jail where they are kept separate from other inmates on $12 million bail, each. The Turpins face life in prison if convicted.

Reading her order in court, Riverside County Judge Emma Smith said the suspects are also forbidden from obtaining or possessing firearms or coming within 100 yards of any of the victims, except for at court hearings. The order lasts until January 2021, Smith said.

“You must not contact them, except through your lawyer,” Smith said.”

https://www.desertsun.com/story/new...rside-county-defense-attorney-say/1060361001/

Made my day - that is really good news about the 3 years, and it can be reinstated also.

I for one am happy to hear that DT and LT are being kept from other inmates, sounds like solitary confinement. I was looking at the jail where they are staying and they are only allowed 2 visits per seven day week, and it looks like they only have one hour. IMO LT is the sort who needs victims to vampire on psychologically, and she doesn't have any new ones in the jail; and she also likes attention and she isn't getting that either. Let her sit in a cell by herself forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks