CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If, for some reason, one of the older survivors requested to see LT and or DT, would this have to be with an attorney present also?

I guess what I'm saying is that I suspect this is simply how this charge is generally worded and that "revenge" and "extortion" likely do not apply in this case. Sadistic purposes does apply. There are a lot of "ors" in there for a reason.
5bb61c1ba5e9e9d3df872d25ea44afb0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thank you I see the OR now:) and it was brought to my attention by TeaTime as well above.

I guess what I'm saying is that I suspect this is simply how this charge is generally worded and that "revenge" and "extortion" likely do not apply in this case. Sadistic purposes does apply. There are a lot of "ors" in there for a reason.
5bb61c1ba5e9e9d3df872d25ea44afb0.jpg

Yes, definitely. I see the "or."

Also, the DA emphasized that word IMO at the first presser, I remember that he used the word "sadistic" several times
to describe the parents and/or their acts

I don't think I implied revenge as being key.

I find it interesting to use that word because it's telling that the parents needed to exact revenge for something. I just wonder what?

Word of caution:

This is the statutory language being tracked in the complaint. California Penal Code 206 is the crime of "Torture" and this is the statutory definition of that term. It does not mean that all of these things apply. Any one, or some, or all could be relevant in the instant case.

Are David and Louise in separate cells? Or can they communicate with each other in the same cell?

Satch

UGH!! That woman is sitting there smiling. She is such a creep! Why the H*** would anyone sit there and smile up at a lawyer at a time like this? She turns my stomach.

In the picture of the bathroom from their old house, does it appear that the flooring has buckled? It looks like 2 tracts coming from the toilet toward the door to me. (Sorry if this has already been discussed).
ETA
I remember the person who bought the property said had to replace rotted flooring.

Those photos are from foreclosed in Ft Worth, not property that was purchased deed 7/20/1999 and only lived in til purchased double wide mobile home in 2004. We have not saw any photos from home lived in 2004-2010 nor the first home in CA.

Word of caution:

This is the statutory language being tracked in the complaint. California Penal Code 206 is the crime of "Torture" and this is the statutory definition of that term. It does not mean that all of these things apply. Any one, or some, or all could be relevant in the instant case.

Thank you I was corrected in above posts and I stand corrected.

I'm not deleting my posts in case others misread as well and then see the corrections.

The lewd and lascivious act, California Penal Code 288 (b) (1) means an act was committed on, or with a part of, the body of a child under the age of 14 for the sexual gratification of the perp or the child, under duress, force, etc., etc.

See Ca. Penal Code 288 (b) (1).

Hi,

If there are any posts you would like to see brought over from thread #6 please alert on those particular posts and let us know.

Thank you,
Tricia

You know, I think that it can be too hard for some of us to be able to accept that this level of abuse actually occurs in families. It is too devastating. It's upsetting. So our brains naturally want to find loopholes or evidence that it must not, cannot be true. It can't be that bad.

The DA and the sheriffs and the medical staff have been clear about the level of abuse. "Depraved." "Muscle wasting." "Torture."

No staged photos or yearly outings or supervised community college classes or one Krispy kreme visits or anything that any neighbor or family member or defense leaker has said changes that.

The medical staff are unbiased. They have zero reasons to embellish anything.
human
user-online.png

Join DateOct 2009Posts16,988​

Lots and lots of good info on the lifelong ill affects on children who have to be parents to younger siblings, It is called parentificafion and it is an extremely negative thing.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...r-life/543975/

Copied from the previous thread because this is a good article. My spouse was parentified and it is very destructive. It's more than happily changing a little sibling's diapers. It's horrible.

https://www.pe.com/2018/01/24/perri...barred-from-contacting-their-kids-until-2021/
In addition to the 3 year Protective Order:
[FONT=&quot]Among the other terms covered by the criminal protective order:[/FONT]

• No possession of firearms;
  • Don’t dissuade witnesses (which is already a crime); and
  • Don’t attempt to get kids’ addresses or locations.
[FONT=&quot]David Macher, attorney for David Turpin, says the criminal protective order actually protects his client against false claims of harassing witnesses and victims.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Turpins are next scheduled to appear in court at 1:30 p.m. Feb. 23, when attorneys will update the judge on how case preparations are going.[/FONT]

The Perris couple*accused of abusing and torturing*their 13 children have been barred from contacting their offspring – either in person or via electronic contact — for the next three years, officials say.

*advertiser censored*criminal protective order*issued Wednesday prevents David Allen Turpin, 56, and his wife, Louise Ann Turpin, 49, from being within 100 yards of their children and preventing other contact with them – unless accompanied by an attorney.

They were further ordered not to possess any firearms.

https://www.pe.com/2018/01/24/perri...barred-from-contacting-their-kids-until-2021/

From the link:

"While the Turpin case has generated international interest, in part because there were so many victims, it’s not isolated, according to the Coalition for Responsible Home Education, which keeps a database of homeschool children who are abused."

Interesting, I did not know there was a website like that, will have to look at it.

I know I said this on an earlier thread, there definitely needs to be oversight in homeschooling. All that CA requires is a signed affadavit and fingerprints to operate a private school out of one's home? Private school meaning minimum of 6 children?

MOO that sounds a bit lax to me. And it seems like there was no private tutor with a valid CA teaching certificate, either.

UGH!! That woman is sitting there smiling. She is such a creep! Why the H*** would anyone sit there and smile up at a lawyer at a time like this? She turns my stomach.

I think she is flirting with him, using the power of her feminine wiles to sway him. Seriously, she is not all there. She doesn't see that she has done anything wrong.

JmHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members