CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about if there was a question as to sexual assault and/or molestation? If it was suspected that one of the children did not belong to the mother but was a result of incest.
Snipped for emphasis

Makes perfect sense. What if one or more didn't belong to them at all? Good reason as well.

To be honest, this is the first time I have heard the phrase "Injustice Collector". Am more familiar with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, although I do not think this applies to DT and LT.

I think in their case, it may be a combination of psychiatric definitions.

Or they quite possibly invented something very new.

Injustice collector is a form of extreme narcissism at heart.

The Turpins at the very least showed some characteristics of injustice collector.

Injustice Collector
http://www.psybersquare.com/family/family_injustice.html

Characteristics of Injustice Collectors:
1.) Injustice Collectors are convinced that they are never wrong. How is it possible that they are never wrong? It is simple: They are always right.

2.) Injustice Collectors never apologize. Ever. For anything.

3.) Injustice Collectors truly believe that they are morally and ethically superior to others and that others chronically do not hold themselves to the same high standards as the injustice collector does.

4.) Injustice Collectors make the rules, break the rules and enforce the rules of the family. They are a combined legislator, police, and judge and jury of

5.) Injustice Collectors never worry about what is wrong with themselves as their "bad list" grows. Their focus is always on the failings of others.

6.) Injustice Collectors are never upset by the disparity of their rules for others with their own expectations of themselves.

7.) Injustice Collectors rationalize their own behavior with great ease and comfort.

My analysis on David and Louise Turpin is subject to change.

SBM

I don't have a problem with it, either.
My brother has only been to our family doctor once, and he's almost 6.
If he is sick with more than just a cold, my mom takes him to the walk-in clinic in town.
He has all his immunizations, but they were done by a nurse at the walk-in clinic.

Unless there's a real need to see a doctor, most people (kids included) just don't go.

IMO

we do check ups every 6 months, its free for under 17s

The date of that article is January 18, a week ago. Since then, sources have told the press they are considering DNA tests and cadaver dogs.

Department are talking about using cadaver-sniffing dogs to inspect the former residences of David and Louise Turpin and make sure no bodies are hidden there, Crime Watch Daily reported.

The authorities are also considering conducting DNA tests to determine if all 13 children are related and if they were all born to the Turpins, the crime-news Web site said, citing “sources familiar with the investigation.”

https://nypost.com/2018/01/21/cops-may-bring-in-dogs-to-search-for-bodies-in-horror-house/

From your article: "The Sheriff's Department would not confirm this information to "Crime Watch Daily."

Chaining is not accepted anywhere is it? I mean in the US.

I am way behind and still catching up, but I am annoyed with the idea of restraining anyone UNLESS the person is in a licensed residential care/nursing home and even then it is a requirement to have a doctors order. They are soft restraints used for Alzheimer's/dementia patients that are not ambulatory but tend to get up and try to walk which then results in a fall that can break a hip. Even so there are time limits that dictate time with the restraints on and off. I was a RN specializing in geriatric and hospice care.

If you restrain a kid or adult like these people have done, or put a child in a closet for punishment- you are a person capable of murder and are a absolute monster that should be in prison. That's just the way I see it. This is not directed at you.

A California hospital official tells PEOPLE it will be a long road to recovery for the 13 siblings who were allegedly held captive and tortured by their parents, who are both facing numerous counts of suspicion of torture and child endangerment.
“They have undergone a horrible period in their life,” says Mark Uffer, chief executive officer of Corona Regional Medical Center, where the seven adult Turpin children are now being treated.

He says their underdevelopment is more than likely a direct result of years of malnutrition.
“I have been a hospital administrator for a long time and I have been in healthcare since 1973 … I have never seen this,” Uffer says. “I can share with you that I have spent a fair amount of time with these kids … we call them kids but they are adults. It is heartbreaking to see this. It really hits home.”

https://www.google.com/amp/people.c...uise-turpin-children-hospital-ceo-speaks/amp/

A lot more info at link about how they're doing and what they were doing in the hospital. Some stuff I was unaware of!

Even if it sounds like an ad for his hospital, this is awesome to read:

"He adds: “They are very cognizant of what has occurred. They are aware of the situation. They are coping with it. I would say they are happy in the environment that they are in right now. They feel that the nurses and the team of medical professionals that are taking care of them actually care about them as people and that we are here to help them — that they are safe and being treated with incredible dignity.”

Another thing about them seeing doctors. Since they were not in public schools they could skate by without have their immunizations that schools require.

I really don't have a problem with children not seeing a dentist regularly. Many kids don't unless there is a problem. Just as many kids don;t see a doctor unless there is a real need.
They have never seen a dentist. I have a problem with grown children and adults in their 20s never seeing a dentist. I have no doubt some have struggled with toothaches and infections over the years.

They have never seen a dentist. I have a problem with grown children and adults in their 20s never seeing a dentist. I have no doubt some have struggled with toothaches and infections over the years.

Add the having no idea what medicine was is either, so when they had toothaches or infections they didn’t even get relief with Motrin or Tylenol.

Vlpate wrote
"We go on about opiate addiction, overcrowded prisons, crime, shootings, etc., but God forbid we talk about the root cause of the vast majority of these issues - generational bad parenting."

Thank you! This is the Pandora's box our culture doesn't want to open. It's easier to focus on money being the root if all evil while "bad" parenting is considered to be a private matter.

Maybe this case will wake some people up.

I beg to differ. Establishing paternity is not an emergency, even in a case like this. Especially when they are behind bars.

ITA. The public has no need to know the results right now. The parents are locked up and not going anywhere.

Here are the benefits of working at Northrop Grumman.https://www.glassdoor.com/Benefits/Northrop-Grumman-US-Benefits-EI_IE488.0,16_IL.17,19_IN1.htm

(This is not their site; I didn't think it would be a good idea to link to it although I did go there.)

The defense industry pays very well and has good benefits. My husband worked for General Dynamics in Ft. Worth before Lockheed bought them out about the same time frame of when DT started working there. Starting at twenty bucks and hour, a cost of living raise every sixteen week, and insurance that cost forty nine cents a week was a very good start for many here in the metroplex in the eighties.

The chains are bad enough, but we also have to take that in context of everything else we've heard. If this were simply a story of parents being arrested for keeping a child in chains, it might be possible (although still not likely) that we were dealing with uneducated, desperate, possibly borderline intellectually disabled people who simply could not think of a better way of dealing with a violent, troubled child who posed a danger to himself and others.

That's not close to the story here. Putting everything that we've heard together, does it really seem at all plausible that at least three of these children have conditions that would remotely warrant that kind of treatment? And that, if they did, that no one -- not a family member, not the Turpins themselves -- would have raised that in their defense?

Again, starvation, educational deprivation, high degree of isolation, living in filth, -- there's a clear pattern. Not to mention that according to officials, the kids themselves are giving plenty of information to substantiate the torture.

Even in court, the term is "reasonable doubt," not "it would theoretically be possible to construct a non-physics defying scenario in which this person could be innocent."

If there were concerns, the father is an engineer. He could invent alarms or buy them on the internet. There are all kinds of adaptive things for people.

The restraints were purely torture.

Catching up, feeling the need to burn some sage over my device so I am.

Sending love and positive healing thoughts to all.

:heartbeat:

(Catching up, feeling the need to burn some sage over my device so I am.

Sending love and positive healing thoughts.

Sounds like a great idea. BTW, the A&L thread is open again.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy....ris-california-children-shackled-parents/amp/

Some interesting things regarding the family.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
I have no idea how far behind I am. If this has already been discussed please ignore.

From the article in your post, I read this:

“Further investigation revealed several children shackled to their beds with chains and padlocks in dark and foul-smelling surroundings, but the parents were unable to immediately provide a logical reason why their children were restrained in that manner,” the release alleges.

So, more than 3 were shackled when Police arrived? The 3 initially mentioned were in the living room? These others appear to have been discovered in their bedrooms after further investigation.

I just wanted to say that in Sweden all restraints on patients are against the law it is only on doctors orders and it has to be documented and supervised.

I have looked for an earlier series of posts but unable to locate where there was discussion of the significance of the "dark" room the chained survivors were found in. Although it is true that people who sleep during the day like to shield the light, my take on it is that one room was the punishment room and that the window(s) were intentionally darkened and muffled.

The purpose of this is sensory deprivation which adds to the brainwashing reinforcement. Chained to the mattress, likely diapered, left in the excrement, in the darkness, no sounds, starved, dehydrated, for weeks or even months, all at the whim of the depraved sadist (in my theory that is primarily LT), who also is the rescuer and only ray of light, when at her choosing she would enter to clean them, feed them, unchain them or not. I think she made one bedroom into a dungeon since the house lacked a cellar, basement or woodshed. I considered whether she sent the other survivors to care for them, but I think she reinforced her power over them by being the only caretaker of the punished.

Different links and the Sheriff report refer to "dark, foul-smelling surroundings" and others refer to a single "room" - I remember early on it was not the whole house that was dark and foul-smelling, it was that room where some were chained up.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/david...nia-house-of-horrors-and-free-her-12-siblings

"Jan 16, 2018 - Two California parents turned a homeschool into a house of horrors, chaining their 13 children to beds in a dark, filthy room, police say. David and Louise Turpin were arrested Sunday after ..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper