CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the Turpins had a pool table or access to pool balls? Something about that circular body wall drawing looks like an old pool ball that has a band at both the top and bottom of the ball with a circle in the middle where the number goes. That may not be the inspiration for the drawing, but that's the first thing I thought of when I saw it - pool ball.
As for many people in one home- When my mom was a baby/toddler, she lived with her grandparents in a very small one bedroom house that had four adults and several teens. It was cramped, but somehow made it work and kept it clean. An overcrowded home does not necessarily have to mean filth. That was the 1930s though, so times were different, too.

Me too!

It was Rio Vista. Double Wide was purchased and LT /DT lived in it while the children remained in the house they reduced to squalor. Both the double wide and the "home" were foreclosed on. The cruelty to animals is horrific as well. These people...I just can't.

http://people.com/crime/california-house-horrors-neighbor-texas-speaks/

That particular article doesn't say that DT and LT lived in the mobile home while the children lived in the house. Do you have another source? I've heard somewhere that the children lived in a house and DT and LT would drop food off ever so often, but I thought that was Fort Worth, which would have been 1999 or before. I haven't seen a good source for that story, either, so I don't know where that story came from.

I hope you can post a link, because I'd like to nail that part of the story down.

The Turpins are horrible, horrible people who deserve to spend the rest of their lives being tortured in prison for all of the godawful abuse they afflicted upon their poor, blameless children.

ETA: I see that another poster has tracked down the source (the DA's presser) for the fact that DT and LT lived apart from the children "in the Fort Worth area." i would bet that could be Rio Vista, even though Rio Vista isn't that close to Fort Worth. Pre-1999 (when they lived in FtW) seems too early for young (at the time) children to live on their own.

I wonder if the Turpins had a pool table or access to pool balls? Something about that circular body wall drawing looks like an old pool ball that has a band at both the top and bottom of the ball with a circle in the middle where the number goes. That may not be the inspiration for the drawing, but that's the first thing I thought of when I saw it - pool ball.
As for many people in one home- When my mom was a baby/toddler, she lived with her grandparents in a very small one bedroom house that had four adults and several teens. It was cramped, but somehow made it work and kept it clean. An overcrowded home does not necessarily have to mean filth. That was the 1930s though, so times were different, too.[/QUOTE

of course.

You made me dig...it was Ft Worth. Start at about 05:30 https://youtu.be/b9gfimgjeXk

Thank you for providing the source of that information. I had heard it said that the parents lived separately from the children "in the Fort Worth area," but I didn't know where that info came from.

I bet that the California LE consider Rio Vista to be "in the Fort Worth area." It doesn't make sense that children 11yo or younger could live without parents in the home, which would have been the oldest child's age in 1999 when they moved from Ft. Worth to Rio Vista.

On the other hand, the oldest child would have been 22-ish when they left Rio Vista, with a few kids close to that age, so I could see (adult) children that age living in a separate dwelling on the same property. I wonder if that was all 12 (at the time) children, or just the older ones? I guess we don't know the answer to that.

Regardless, it doesn't diminish the horrible crimes against humanity that DT and LT perpetrated upon their children, and they should rot in prison for the rest of their miserable lives, and then spend eternity in the fiery depths of hell.

That particular article doesn't say that DT and LT lived in the mobile home while the children lived in the house. Do you have another source? I've heard somewhere that the children lived in a house and DT and LT would drop food off ever so often, but I thought that was Fort Worth, which would have been 1999 or before. I haven't seen a good source for that story, either, so I don't know where that story came from.

I hope you can post a link, because I'd like to nail that part of the story down.

The Turpins are horrible, horrible people who deserve to spend the rest of their lives being tortured in prison for all of the godawful abuse they afflicted upon their poor, blameless children.

ETA: I see that another poster has tracked down the source (the DA's presser) for the fact that DT and LT lived apart from the children "in the Fort Worth area." i would bet that could be Rio Vista, even though Rio Vista isn't that close to Fort Worth. Pre-1999 (when they lived in FtW) seems too early for young (at the time) children to live on their own.

They lived in Ft Worth, but he did correct to "area". I'll have nightmares thinking of them alone in that mold infested house.

They lived in Ft Worth, but he did correct to "area". I'll have nightmares thinking of them alone in that mold infested house.

with animals in cages and piles of feces everywhere and on the walls, with a baby confined to a playpen in the middle of the floor.

You made me dig...it was Ft Worth. Start at about 05:30 https://youtu.be/b9gfimgjeXk

You are right. I didn't watch the video. I read it. The article is weirdly written imo. Double Wide was definitely in Fort Worth . This article is clearer in that regard.

Riverside County District Attorney Michael Hestrin said Thursday during a press conference that the alleged abuse and neglect began when the family lived in the Fort Worth area, “with the parents at one point living apart from the most of the children and dropping off food from time to time.” Such reports were never made to North Texas law enforcement, however.

One of those was a WFAA report in which former neighbor Shelli Vinyard referred to the Turpins as “those weird neighbors,” saying she believed that “something’s going on over there. Something’s not right.”

She told the TV station that when the Turpins left the property, “Everything was trashed. Dogs stuck in the house eating dirty diapers.” She referred to the house as “the compound” because the family was “so closed off from society.”
Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article195422789.html#storylink=cpy

Do the Vineyard's (neighbors) live in Fort Worth or in Rio Vista? It's so confusing the way these articles are written. Or is Rio Vista being referred to as the "Fort Worth Area" because it's only 36 miles away causing my confusion.

I know a lot of us were wondering what the bottom of the picture looked like.
I can't make this picture out entirely, but is that private parts?
See the pic to me looks like a "bullseye"
Archery, darts, I fear what these children witnessed and were a part of. MOO

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Personally, I see the "swollen belly" as sheer hunger (A wish to be full) and the bullseye/target as the constant abuse.

:moo:

The drawing looks like something kids drew as amusement to me, used as possibly a dart board or other games.

You are right. I didn't watch the video. I read it. The article is weirdly written imo. Double Wide was definitely in Fort Worth . This article is clearer in that regard.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article195422789.html#storylink=cpy

Do the Vineyard's (neighbors) live in Fort Worth or in Rio Vista? It's so confusing the way these articles are written.

All of the following is written in my non-bickering voice---

I think we are pretty clear with the time line in the media thread. And I trust our sourced materials more than I do with any one media story, especially those written early on.

The Turpins got married in 1984 and moved to Texas.

We believe they lived in the Fort Worth "area" until 1999. You may have seen pictures of the house they lived in in Fort Worth---it was a two-story brick house, and the front window had been boarded up.

In 1999, they moved to a 36-acre place in the country, brick home, single story, near Rio Vista, in Hill County, Texas.

In 2004ish, they bought a double-wide mobile home, and placed it 300yards or so back behind the brick home. They supposedly moved into the mobile home, although it is possible that some or all of the children continued to live in the single-story brick home.

In 2010, DT gets a job in SoCal and they moved to a rent house in M_____ (name escapes me).

In 2014, they buy a house in Perris.

Do the Vineyard's (neighbors) live in Fort Worth or in Rio Vista? It's so confusing the way these articles are written. Or is Rio Vista being referred to as the "Fort Worth Area" because it's only 36 miles away causing my confusion.
A lot of the articles made it confusing...the double wide was in Rio Vista on theit 36 acre farm.

For clarification, the home near Rio Vista, Texas is a good 46 miles south of Fort Worth. They didn't live in town, they lived in the country. I'm sure DT still worked at Lockheed Martin (defense contractor), which was probably in Fort Worth, and commuted or worked from home. (see second map).

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 10.17.19 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 10.17.19 PM.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 495
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 10.18.43 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 10.18.43 PM.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 73
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 10.25.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 10.25.45 PM.png
    215.1 KB · Views: 484
Everytime I try to edit a post it gets deleted. So annoying!

Anyway, an interesting article covering the basics of children and fecal smearing http://www.friendshipcircle.org/blog/2015/04/27/6-facts-about-fecal-smearing-that-you-need-to-know/

This behaviour along with peeling paint from the walls screams of sensory deprivation/understimulation, to me.

Psychological Reasons
Psychologists note that scatolia tends to occur in individuals with a history of obsessive-compulsive disorder, anxiety, schizophrenia, depression, bipolar disorder, ADD, autism or post-traumatic stress, especially trauma related to physical or sexual abuse. Author Donna Williams, who has autism, points out that rectal digging and fecal smearing serve many real purposes that are often overlooked by caregivers and medical providers:

Provides a sense of control over one’s body and environment when other areas of life are out of control
Provides a sense of ownership over one’s actions
Expresses feelings of anger, frustration, helplessness and powerlessness
Prevents unwanted social interaction
May be associated with other comforting emotional experiences
May be part of a personal ritual that provides comfort
May be part of an obsession that is spiraling out of control
In each of these cases, care and attention must be given to the individual’s quality of life to make sure all needs are being met. Inpatient psychiatric treatment may be needed for severe anxiety or OCD.

b81088fbcf37e860751ac07bca304c63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It looks like a baby in a Target bag to me.
I have no idea the significance of such a drawing, other than the child wants to be special like the stuff in the Target bags, or maybe the bags were used as diapers/clothing for a baby???
We can speculate, but I doubt we will ever know.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Why doesn't Elizabeth mention the filth here...she lived with them in Ft Worth when they had four children. At about 01:45 the little girl is eating cake and the house looks immaculate...I wonder if she snapped at some point after having another 2 or 3 and instead of becoming Andrea Yates, she dealt a more drawn out evil on them. Her sister did say LT was the shot caller.
https://youtu.be/nLvF0SN3g3c

The drawing looks like something kids drew as amusement to me, used as possibly a dart board or other games.

That's what it looks like to me as well. I often "doodle" and I've always enjoyed drawing circles inside of circles. But, yes, to me it appears that it was a game that they were playing.

Now, the sad little face is another matter...

It looks like a baby in a Target bag to me.
I have no idea the significance of such a drawing, other than the child wants to be special like the stuff in the Target bags, or maybe the bags were used as diapers/clothing for a baby???
We can speculate, but I doubt we will ever know.
MOO

Maybe if not triggering, one day the kids will say.

Could the word next to the drawing be Tevi?
T.V.
Maybe the child wanted a tv from Target.
\( ', ')/ I don't know. [emoji17]
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads