CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When they went to Disney, did they let the kids ride any rides?

To my knowledge it's never been said. However, the family member they met there seemed to consider it a standard trip that was enjoyed, so I would think that they would have found it strange if none of the siblings ever rode any of the rides. That doesn't mean it wasn't highly supervised and controlled, however.

Respectfully, the defense attorneys are not going to waltz into the courtroom, throw their hands up and declare their clients guilty, they are going to put on a defense, and in a high profile case, it's going to be a doozie.

The jury will ultimately decide based on facts, circumstantial evidence, the Prosecution's alleged motive, and a theory by the accused's defense team.

Are we not curious what the defense will use to try and "justify" the actions that are detailed in the DA's charges, and what will not be considered evidence at all?

Speaking for myself, presenting possible defense scenarios, in an effort to anticipate what the Turpin's attorneys may interject to possibly cause reasonable "doubt", is hardly justifying child abuse.

As a matter of fact, I share (eerily) much in common with these survivors and I can assure you there is no justification in my mind or heart for any form of child abuse. I have spent most of my life searching for a good excuse because my abuser died before I could find the courage to ask him why, and the other parent has offered little. I have found only one halfway justified excuse, the 1999 case of Betty Topper. Brain damage.

I have been on this forum for many years and have never so much as hinted at my story because I am a very private person and, IMO, it has no place on another victim's thread. I only now mention it because I would ask people to please consider this before harshly judging someone's words and/or intent...they might be victims too.

I'm so sorry you had to suffer abuse as a child, vlpate. I have wondered if some folks just don't develop the appropriate wiring, that creates nurturing, and/or coping skills, as they grow into adulthood, whether they were abused themselves, or not, and then... they have children.

I personally appreciate your post. I see nothing wrong with broaching scenarios that a defense attorney could very well introduce in court.

I don’t care for tapatalk but I’ll take whatever I can get :)
When I was directly on the websleuths website itself, I was constantly bombarded with “you’re the lucky winner of an iPhone....” so I stopped using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use my android phone and I added a free ********* browser at the app store I mostly use just for WS so I can have various threads open at one time. I get no ads. Even on my phone I prefer the desktop version instead of the mobile version, I think it shows more comments per page. It works for me.

Just to clarify, I was the OP about the T-shirt idea. It was completely hypothetical, and I just wanted some thoughts on it. I have some mental health issues that make it a little hard for me to read social situations, and really just wanted some thoughts on whether it was appropriate or not. From everyone's comments, I realize it may be further traumatizing for them to see people wearing them, and there may be better ideas out there.
Just want to clarify a few things:
I never, ever wanted them to be sent to the kids to wear themselves, I was thinking of the shirts being a fundraiser for the siblings.
My intention was never to profit off of the shirts, either.
I'm from the area and really just wanted to do something to help and show support since this case has been weighing heavily on my mind.
Like I said, my mental health/cognitive skills are not exactly typical for someone my age, and I was just putting the idea out there for feedback, not trying to do anything malicious.
:(

Someone was asking if there were interior photos of the Perris house. The attached photo would have been taken within the past two years. The patio seen in photos taken by the media while police were bringing out evidence, is behind them.

Observation...the young man all the way to the right looks painfully thin, while the older girls, all the way to the left look normal. Makes me wonder if the abuse was targeted to certain children.
Source

Until you see the girl on his right. She can't even hold herself up. Look at her legs and arms. She can't hold her head up.

Just to clarify, I was the OP about the T-shirt idea. It was completely hypothetical, and I just wanted some thoughts on it. I have some mental health issues that make it a little hard for me to read social situations, and really just wanted some thoughts on whether it was appropriate or not. From everyone's comments, I realize it may be further traumatizing for them to see people wearing them, and there may be better ideas out there.
I never, ever wanted them to be sent to the kids to wear themselves, I was thinking of the shirts being a fundraiser for the siblings.
I'm from the area and really just wanted to do something to help and show support since this case has been weighing heavily on my mind.
Like I said, my mental health/cognitive skills are not exactly typical for someone my age, and I was just putting the idea out there for feedback, not trying to do anything malicious.

BBM

That was always clear to me, as was your obvious big heart .

:hug:

I feel like I need to go back re-word this or something since this is the second comment about my post... :)

I was actually saying that the the first scenario (the school shooting with the T-shirts) is a GOOD one for that sort of thing because it affected an entire community, while this one is not because it is so personal to the individuals.

I understood you the first time around. Fwiw.

Thanks for thinking of them. Brainstorming an idea. Turned out people saw some flaws. No reflection on you. It is good to float an idea and see what are the pluses and minuses

Has something changed ? Last I knew, it's still not OK to post any of the survivors' names.

Right. Forgot where I was for a minute. Discussing this case in multiple places. Can’t edit my post either. Going to alert a mod on myself.

Until you see the girl on his right. She can't even hold herself up. Look at her legs and arms. She can't hold her head up.
If you’re referring to the second sibling, that a boy... well, actually a man, Sibling # 5 and who looks to be the weakest of them all :(

<snipped and bolder by me>

There is no need to take things personally by strangers on the net. Nobody knows anyone’s life so there cannot be personal attacks.

Love this bit of internet philosophy!

They make me think of butterflies, newly free to show the world just how beautiful they are x

so maybe Tshirts with butterflies. Not sure what to write on them though
I think a shirt with 13 butterflies on it would be nice. Not numbered or anything but just to represent each one of the survivors of the Turpin family

It looks like the sibling second from far right is propped up. Bless their heart. Hands limp in the lap, head tilted back on the sofa.

*just saw your post, teatime.

I count 13 children.
Kind of hard to photoshop a kid out if all 13 are there in the picture.
IMO

i don’t think they photoshopped a kid out rather they MIGHT have photoshopped portions of different pictures together so as to get a better looking photo as a whole.

Someone was asking if there were interior photos of the Perris house. The attached photo would have been taken within the past two years. The patio seen in photos taken by the media while police were bringing out evidence, is behind them.

Observation...the young man all the way to the right looks painfully thin, while the older girls, all the way to the left look normal. Makes me wonder if the abuse was targeted to certain children.
Source

Something interesting in the source that I didn't notice before:

"Hestin said the parents chained their offspring to their beds after they discovered one had previously tried to break out of the home on Muir Woods Road that the couple bought for $351,000 in 2014"

This sounds like a different escape attempt than the one that reportedly occurred in Texas. Has anybody else read about a previous escape attempt from the house in Perris?

Maybe, but if the picture is compared to those that have been made by actual identified sexual abuse children , some of the elements are so much the same, The dark splotch in the middle and the apparent genitalia. It does not take too much to question why there are the similarities.

I see a fat, bald, baby, in an outfit, that has concentric circles, around a spot, on the front. The baby may not be smiling, but it is not crying, nor is it frowning. The dot in the middle could possibly be a reference to hunger, or, it could just be a hole in the wall, or a glob of feces, or a dot that they made, and drew a picture around the hole/glob/dot. No way of knowing unless we ask the kids themselves (that is, if one of the T kids even drew the picture). Too many unknowns imo.

We are all trying to think of something special to do for these children. The reality is they don&#8217;t know how an average person lives day to day.

Simple things such as having soap, shampoo, deodorant, towels and wash clothes for a daily bath would make them jump for joy. Add to that a toothbrush and toothpaste, hairbrush and comb, clean underware and clean clothes to put on, these children would think they were living a life of luxury!

I read in an article that they had to be trained in personal hygiene. Something each of us take for granted!

It is heart breaking to think there are so many ruined lives all because two parents had such crazy far fetched ideas on raising their children.

You are thinking of coming up with something positive to do for them, and to bring awareness. Nothing wrong with that.

If you&#8217;re referring to the second sibling, that a boy... well, actually a man, Sibling # 5 and who looks to be the weakest of them all :(

I believe he's actually sibling #4, (2nd-born male), but yes, he looks in bad shape here. :( (See Seuss shirts.)

Reminder landing at random here.

Please remember to use initials or sibling # for the victims.

:tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member