CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Human brought up art, it made me wonder if art and music therapy are commonly used? I know some of them are going to be a little more technically minded, but maybe there is some other type of thing that could be used there? Some of them may not even realize what types of things they are good at, for all we know. Also, IDK if this is still a thing, but a good old fashioned home economist might be helpful to their recovery. Maybe if taught kind of like a class, it wouldn't be too embarrassing if they didn't know something?

I am really praying that it turns out the cognitive damage wasn't as severe as feared and the adult ones will be able to live independent lives. But, it will take some time to figure that out, probably. By which time, maybe their parents' trials will be over.

In the question of fasting, I personally don't think it is a good idea for children. Children grow so much, they need to eat regularly (eta meaning 3 times a day or so IMO). As a child, my parents sometimes had a hard time getting me to eat. I just did not want to. I did know about fasting in a vague sort of way. I think i thought (as a kid) that you HAD to be an adult to even think about it. Jmo

Hi everyone,

Asking for suggestions regarding linking the journal article. Here are our choices:

I cannot link the article in its entirety here. However, I can upload it somewhere else and link it within the forum.

Or

I can copy and paste parts of the article with a correct citation giving the authors credit and post it here with no link.

One option links you to the entire article. The other, provides you with parts of the article that I choose to c/p here.

I am not comfortable uploading the article to my personal google docs from here. I would be happy to upload it somewhere else and link it .

Also the article is pretty easy to find through googling.

Any suggestions?

I totally agree with you. I even saw on here that there were some trying to justify or explain why there could be things such as chained children or chained and locked everything. The way it is stated implies doubt, to me.

Respectfully, the defense attorneys are not going to waltz into the courtroom, throw their hands up and declare their clients guilty, they are going to put on a defense, and in a high profile case, it's going to be a doozie.

The jury will ultimately decide based on facts, circumstantial evidence, the Prosecution's alleged motive, and a theory by the accused's defense team.

Are we not curious what the defense will use to try and "justify" the actions that are detailed in the DA's charges, and what will not be considered evidence at all?

Speaking for myself, presenting possible defense scenarios, in an effort to anticipate what the Turpin's attorneys may interject to possibly cause reasonable "doubt", is hardly justifying child abuse.

As a matter of fact, I share (eerily) much in common with these survivors and I can assure you there is no justification in my mind or heart for any form of child abuse. I have spent most of my life searching for a good excuse because my abuser died before I could find the courage to ask him why, and the other parent has offered little. I have found only one halfway justified excuse, the 1999 case of Betty Topper. Brain damage.

I have been on this forum for many years and have never so much as hinted at my story because I am a very private person and, IMO, it has no place on another victim's thread. I only now mention it because I would ask people to please consider this before harshly judging someone's words and/or intent...they might be victims too.

Someone was asking if there were interior photos of the Perris house. The attached photo would have been taken within the past two years. The patio seen in photos taken by the media while police were bringing out evidence, is behind them.

Observation...the young man all the way to the right looks painfully thin, while the older girls, all the way to the left look normal. Makes me wonder if the abuse was targeted to certain children.
Source

Attachments

• 4851BA2800000578-0-image-a-34_1516373016957.jpg
    4851BA2800000578-0-image-a-34_1516373016957.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 260
Someone was aaking if there were interior photos of the Perris house. The attached photo would have been taken within the past two years. The patio seen in photos taken by the media while police were bringing out evidence, is behind them.

Observation...the young man all the way to the right looks painfully thin, while the older girls, all the way to the left look normal. Makes me wonder if the abuse was targeted to certain children.
Source

While they were all found to be malnourished and physically abused, I agree with you. I believe that the oldest daughter was the scapegoat and the most targeted child. Maybe the oldest boys as well. I have said that from the beginning. It could also be that they appear that way because the oldest have been enduring the abuse the longest.

To your point, I agree. They were all horrifically abused, but I also am of the opinion that some were likely targeted more than others. LT/DT also likely pitted them against one another as part of their reign of terror. Speculation on my part and all :moo:

Oldest son was the one allowed to go to community college. So very unlikely he was targeted for abuse, sounds just the opposite.

Someone was asking if there were interior photos of the Perris house. The attached photo would have been taken within the past two years. The patio seen in photos taken by the media while police were bringing out evidence, is behind them.

Source

Look at all the (what appears to be) bruising around the ankles.

For the record what are the known ages of all thirteen kids? I know the oldest is 29 and the youngest is 2.

Survivor #12 (next to youngest) was apparently still 11 (not 12) at the time they were rescued, as the news article mentioning the kids in restraints said that the 22-year old was still shackled, and an "11-yr old and 14-yr old" were unshackled while police were at the door:

An 11-year-old and 14-year-old were unchained as deputies stood at the door, Hestrin said.

http://ktla.com/2018/01/18/turpin-c...ess-to-food-bathrooms-and-regular-showers-da/

Articles saying there was a decade between the births of the two youngest were probably rounding off, in other words.

‘I Know My Sister Was Strange’ Says Sister Of Accused Child Abuser Louise Turpin

Elizabeth says once Louise left home at 16 to be with David, she noticed what she calls her sister’s strange behavior. Elizabeth claims Louise didn’t want to talk to her siblings or parents, and then in her 40s, she started to party like a teenager and bragged about having sex with a man other than her husband.
“She had blocked me and one of my other siblings off of Facebook,” Elizabeth says. “I haven’t talked to her on the phone for two years.”

VIDEO
https://www.drphil.com/videos/i-kno...sister-of-accused-child-abuser-louise-turpin/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also at that link:

She had blocked me and one of my other siblings off of Facebook,” Elizabeth says. “I haven’t talked to her on the phone for two years.

BBM

This seems to support a theory I've had that the family estrangement became entrenched with the death of both of LT's parents in early 2016. (We've been told LT and DT did not attend the funerals--which probably created ill-will and led to the blocking on Facebook.) The escalation of the abuse I would guess happened with the increased isolation of LT and the family.

It sounds to me that when DT and LT decided to leave the family religion, that they didn't really know how to relate with non-religious people. Thus, they went from being isolated within a sect of like-minded people to more isolated than ever.

Catching up... (The little marker that takes you to your first unread post is a bit glitchy for me, so I'm marking my place).

Look at all the (what appears to be) bruising around the ankles.

I don't see any bruising, and if there were bruising, I think LT would have had them wear shoes and socks. What makes my stomach turn is the boney appearance of the sibling's feet sitting next to the boy all the way to the right.

JMO, I have seen no marks or bruising on any of the photos - most are not really that clear...but they could have used harnesses. As for bruising from strikes, etc., abusers know how not to leave marks.

JMO
One thing that I am wondering about is their high pitched child like voice and its interesting because someone had mentioned that they thought the parents were trying to purposely keep the kids young and child like. I agree with that theory and there was another case of a child victim of Munchausen where the mother kept the child in a wheelchair even though the child did not have an illness that prevented her from walking.

I dont remember the name of the child but I saw a TV special about the case. What I found interesting was this particular child had a very high pitched child like voice too. It reminded me about how these kids all sounded so high pitched voices in the Elvis video.

That other case the child ended up killing her own mother. Sorry I dont have the reference to which case it was.

I think there is some correlation there about how the voices become high pitched when their health is kept stunted from normal growth. Its just a theory but there may be some truth to it since it was very similar in voice pitchness.

JMO
One thing that I am wondering about is their high pitched child like voice and its interesting because someone had mentioned that they thought the parents were trying to purposely keep the kids young and child like. I agree with that theory and there was another case of a child victim of Munchausen where the mother kept the child in a wheelchair even though the child did not have an illness that prevented her from walking.

I dont remember the name of the child but I saw a TV special about the case. What I found interesting was this particular child had a very high pitched child like voice too. It reminded me about how these kids all sounded so high pitched voices in the Elvis video.

That other case the child ended up killing her own mother. Sorry I dont have the reference to which case it was.

I think there is some correlation there about how the voices become high pitched when their health is kept stunted from normal growth. Its just a theory but there may be some truth to it since it was very similar in voice pitchness.

I believe you are referencing the DeeDee Blancharde case. Gypsy Rose is incarcerated for her mother's murder. Definitely worth a Google if anyone isn't familiar with her.

ETA: the abuse she suffered was different, but her childlike voice reminded me of the siblings in the Elvis video too. It gives me hope for the Magnificent 13 to see Gypsy as a well-spoken young woman when she was kept sick for so long. I wish Gypsy had found a different way out of her hell.

ETA: link https://www.google.com/amp/people.com/crime/gypsy-rose-blanchard-murdered-mom-munchausen-proxy/amp/

I think it is obviously 10's arm bent at the elbow and up, sort of wrapped around the brother's arm - someone else said this, unfortunately I don't recall which member - apologies. Anyway, this may help make it easier to see.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180130-101240.jpg
    Screenshot_20180130-101240.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 144
I believe you are referencing the DeeDee Blancharde case. Gypsy Rose is incarcerated for her mother's murder. Definitely worth a Google if anyone isn't familiar with her.

Yes. Thanks You. That was the case. The daughters name was Gypsy Rose or Gypsy Blancharde. Below is WS link to the case.

Also another link to summarize the case

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?311656-MO-Clauddinnea-Dee-Dee-Blancharde-48-Springfield-10-June-2015-3-*Arrests*/page8&highlight=Gypsy+Rose

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Dee_Dee_Blancharde

[/URL]

I'm unclear as to why there would even be speculation that the photos are altered? For what purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech