CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're especially popular around here. SPAM too (urgh). We used to eat the Viennas for little tied-me-overs, with crackers. Quite filling but little, to no, nutritional value. SPAM, (mystery meat), is cheap, and is even worse for your health, as are Fried Bologna sandwiches. Being as they are from Appalachia, (we seem to love them around here), I've wondered about the Viennas, and if SPAM was also provided. Neither would be sufficient nutrients for anyone as proper meals, but I've seen folks eat SPAM sandwiches. I just can't even...:no:

Side note, there are overweight folks, who become malnourished, from eating the above, cheap, non-nutritional, foods.

Love fried bologna sandwich & wipe up the butter from the pan with a slice of the bread. Yum
Yeah viennas were good for that fill in/snack, had them camping as well when young.

It’s better then what these young ones were getting.

This is somewhat local.

SALISBURY, Md. — Three children in Maryland were beaten and reportedly locked up and fed on bread and water, oatmeal and sometimes dog feces, authorities said Wednesday.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/story/ne...n-belts-cords-and-more-police-say/1083698001/

Activated charcoal is regularly given at ERs for food poisoning and is considered mainstream allopathic (Western) medicine.

Did the Turpins have activated charcoal in the house? If so, it's worth noting that it's also used to absorb foul odours.

Spam is produced in Minnesota which even has a SPAM museum. There are many flavors of Spam. Spam is perhaps the most favorite food substance in Hawaii.

I cannot imagine what nutrition there is in Vienna sausages. Easy to prepare. Do they come with the pop top on them? Give each child a can and call it a day.

How long could someone survive with no sunlight, fruits or vegetables? A banana or an apple or orange would have no prep time.

It is so hard to imagine those children at the weddings and how they were eager to please the Elvis. Probably one of the few times they were treated like people

That's what I'm wondering. I think that they may have had some better times, mixed with the horrible times. They would not have been able to survive for years like that, with only one small meal of Vienna Sausages, per day. There's hardly any nutrition in Viennas (or SPAM for that matter).

Love fried bologna sandwich & wipe up the butter from the pan with a slice of the bread. Yum
Yeah viennas were good for that fill in/snack, had them camping as well when young.

This is somewhat local.

SALISBURY, Md. — Three children in Maryland were beaten and reportedly locked up and fed on bread and water, oatmeal and sometimes dog feces, authorities said Wednesday.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/story/ne...n-belts-cords-and-more-police-say/1083698001/

Just...Oh my. I clicked through that to another story of toddlers in makeshift cages. This is what makes me the most distraught about the Turpin case: all of the other kids out there in as bad, or worse, condition, right now.

I couldn't find a definitive answer on how long someone can survive without sunlight...it appears there is no cut and dry answer. I did find that lack of sunlight can cause vitamin D deficiency and rickets, which can lead to death if not treated. Lack of vitamin D can cause muscle and bone deterioration.

It's obvious DT and LT weren't concerned about the ease of feeding the children. If they did, they could have given the children an apple (like you suggested). Instead they were fed vienna sausages, which have little to no nutritional value. They simply didn't care :(

IMO

I do know that malnutrition will cause you to become weak, disoriented, skin discolored, skin easily bruised, create cognitive impairments, and soft bones.

A lot of people on very low carb diets eat Vienna sausages and other low carb canned meat products. They also eat fried pork rinds, hot dogs (without the bun), and other food products that seem unhealthy.

They are unhealthy. We call them "lips, hooves, and ***h0l3s" around here.

Eaten now and then, no problem, eaten daily, not good.

I figure they may have even used some of the crap fast food & soda as part of their sick reward system. Their taco Bell order consisted of something like 5 MTN dews and a root beer...why 5 sodas with a cover and a straw? Taco Bell around here doesn't sell cans/bottles. And even a meager helping of fast food once in awhile as a bribe would do nothing good for their health. Probably worse in the long run all around, physically & mentally.

Agreed. A Taco Bell taco, or slice of fast food pizza, and a pop, is not exactly going to keep your nutritional needs up to par.

Just reading all the posts about canned meat makes me go Gah :p

If this is of any significance though - I just awoke from a much-needed 2.5 hr nap:

The Turpin siblings appeared in a dream at the end.

It was five years from now, the adult siblings successfully completed IT certification and were employed, making good money.

The minor siblings went all back to school and doing well in class.

They all had new clothes, none of which were identical, and the ladies wore tasteful makeup and jewelry.

They were all back on the road of health with good nutrition and healthy foods, not once a year but every single day.

They all spent a lot of time outside and enjoyed it.

Best of all, their emotional and mental health was slowly but surely getting better.

Yeah it was just a dream but hmmmm....

Just reading all the posts about canned meat makes me go Gah :p

If this is of any significance though - I just awoke from a much-needed 2.5 hr nap:

The Turpin siblings appeared in a dream at the end.

It was five years from now, the adult siblings successfully completed IT certification and were employed, making good money.

The minor siblings went all back to school and doing well in class.

They all had new clothes, none of which were identical, and the ladies wore tasteful makeup and jewelry.

They were all back on the road of health with good nutrition and healthy foods, not once a year but every single day.

They all spent a lot of time outside and enjoyed it.

Best of all, their emotional and mental health was slowly but surely getting better.

Yeah it was just a dream but hmmmm....

Yumilicious dream :loveyou:

This is somewhat local.

O/T I know a lot of folks who love fried bologna. I love it pickled. I like the Viennas w/crackers, and I probably even have a can now. When I was young, and at home, I'd fix myself big ole bologna sandwiches with all kinds of stuff on them! There was a period of time in my life, after ditching home, that I ate a lot of cheap bologna. After I got on my feet, I just couldn't eat it anymore. :/

Edit: Just checked out the link. WTH is wrong with people?!?!

They are unhealthy. We call them "lips, hooves, and ***h0l3s" around here.

Eaten now and then, no problem, eaten daily, not good.

That’s really, really gross. Especially to read right after eating.

Why does everyone assume the kids were eating a diet rich in Vienna sausages? Maybe DT was addicted to them and ate a few cans every day.
Maybe the kids never tried Vienna sausages.
Until we're given more information, we don't know what the kids ate.

So in an effort to move on from Vienna sausages and fried bologna... does anyone else find it interesting how much money DT had deducted from his checks for life insurance? Sorry if this has been discussed... just trying to steer the convo back to the case.

Why does everyone assume the kids were eating a diet rich in Vienna sausages? Maybe DT was addicted to them and ate a few cans every day.
Maybe the kids never tried Vienna sausages.
Until we're given more information, we don't know what the kids ate.

Someone who was interviewed said they found a huge amount of empty cans in one of the old TX homes. I don't know if that means 50, 500, or 5,000 thousand, though.

So in an effort to move on from Vienna sausages and fried bologna... does anyone else find it interesting how much money DT had deducted from his checks for life insurance? Sorry if this has been discussed... just trying to steer the convo back to the case.

If it was like my old place, we could chose it, and they'd just deduct a small amount from the check. His employer may have provided a standard sum, and we could pay more, if we wanted more. Just a guess.

If it was like my old place, we could chose it, and they'd just deduct a small amount from the check. His employer may have provided a standard sum, and we could pay more, if we wanted more. Just a guess.

When you’re at the point of filing bankruptcy, $175 per pay period isn’t chump change. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper