CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So in an effort to move on from Vienna sausages and fried bologna... does anyone else find it interesting how much money DT had deducted from his checks for life insurance? Sorry if this has been discussed... just trying to steer the convo back to the case.
Good. I'm vegetarian and this conversation is making me nauseated.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I eat meat and this convo is skeeving me out. Respectfully, I don’t think a bunch of posts about people’s experiences with canned meat are necessary in discussing the case.

Why would lace be considered anything but a material? I think anyone thinking anything differently, that is coming from their own pre-conceived ideas. I grew up in the south where lace was a very country style.

From Etsy (these are super cute) why would there be an issue?) https://www.etsy.com/listing/573125..._query=girls lace leggings&ref=sr_gallery-1-1

I’m a couple years older than the oldest victim and I def wore lace tights when I was a kid. I think it was common in the late 80s/early 90s.

When you’re at the point of filing bankruptcy, $175 per pay period isn’t chump change. JMO

I don't know much about bankruptcy. It would be a last resort for me. A drastic measure to take. It seems to me that it is just a business decision for some.

DT might consider enough life insurance for LT to stay home and "raise" the family an unavoidable expense. Especially, if he did understand why the police came whereas she did not fully grasp the full cruelty of what they were doing? I just can't really wrap my head around that. But keeping the torture going might've been an allowable expense.

I also don't recall the additional life insurance options being really costly, but know next to nothing. Is this a lot?

Does anyone have quick access to the link to the video/photos from inside the Perris house before the Turpins moved in? It was posted in an earlier thread and I haven't been able to locate it.

The exact floor plan of the Perris house is here. Click the 3 car garage option to see the exact floorplan - http://ifp.blufishdesign.com/ifp/pla...25444-150.2367

Someone else posted what it actually looked like before it was converted from a model home in the development. Here it is - http://fusion.realtourvision.com/m/i...634&id=1178147 They escaped from the BR up front which is called Bedroom 5 in these photos. In the house it is toward the street right next to what is labeled Den. Their house was the exact house as the sales office for KB Homes in the Sequoia at Monument Park development in Perris.

O/T I know a lot of folks who love fried bologna. I love it pickled. I like the Viennas w/crackers, and I probably even have a can now. When I was young, and at home, I'd fix myself big ole bologna sandwiches with all kinds of stuff on them! There was a period of time in my life, after ditching home, that I ate a lot of cheap bologna. After I got on my feet, I just couldn't eat it anymore. :/

Edit: Just checked out the link. WTH is wrong with people?!?!

My elementary school used to serve fried bologna in the cafeteria for lunch. But vienna sausage? No, but I remember when snow or a hurricane was in the forecast (and the electricity would likely go off), people would buy so much vienna sausage nothing would be left on the shelves.

I don't know much about bankruptcy. It would be a last resort for me. A drastic measure to take. It seems to me that it is just a business decision for some.

DT might consider enough life insurance for LT to stay home and "raise" the family an unavoidable expense. Especially, if he did understand why the police came whereas she did not fully grasp the full cruelty of what they were doing? I just can't really wrap my head around that. But keeping the torture going might've been an allowable expense.

I also don't recall the additional life insurance options being really costly, but know next to nothing. Is this a lot?

The breakdown of the different types of life insurance was surprising to me. It went to various types of policies from my understanding. I also see bankruptcy as a last resort. I’d opt to have my husband save his money on life insurance if it meant an extra $400/month so we don’t have to file bankruptcy, but that’s just me. FWIW, my husband pays less than $300/month for two very generous policies, one for me, one for his kids, and it’s not through his employer, so we don’t get any deals. Idk, their life insurance situation just strikes me as odd.

ETA - I’m also bringing up insurance to try to divert the convo back to the actual case and not processed meat.

Was there life insurance on the kids?

The exact floor plan of the Perris house is here. Click the 3 car garage option to see the exact floorplan - http://ifp.blufishdesign.com/ifp/pla...25444-150.2367

Someone else posted what it actually looked like before it was converted from a model home in the development. Here it is - http://fusion.realtourvision.com/m/i...634&id=1178147 They escaped from the BR up front which is called Bedroom 5 in these photos. In the house it is toward the street right next to what is labeled Den. Their house was the exact house as the sales office for KB Homes in the Sequoia at Monument Park development in Perris.

Thank you so much! It's hard to reconcile the lovely, brand new home with the unspeakable acts that followed there.

I wonder if they were planning on just walking away from the mortgage after relocating, or if there were plans to come back to clean up and then list for sale. According to Zillow (which I know isn't always accurate), the value of the home has not even increased by $12,000 since they purchased in 2014.

Was there life insurance on the kids?

That is a good question in the life insurance conversation. I assume we couldn't know that based on deducted amount alone. But I know how assuming goes.

ETA:. No link handy, but I think LE said at some point, I'm paraphrasing, that death was not the parents intention, or something. So if it was on kids, it would probably just go to show a practical nature for DT or something innocuous.

Thank you so much! It's hard to reconcile the lovely, brand new home with the unspeakable acts that followed there.

I wonder if they were planning on just walking away from the mortgage after relocating, or if there were plans to come back to clean up and then list for sale. According to Zillow (which I know isn't always accurate), the value of the home has not even increased by $12,000 since they purchased in 2014.

Having read about what happened in Texas, it sounds like they flew the coop and just walked away from the last property and abandoned the mortgage and vehicles including most of the contents and they left with no warning. They never put the house up for sale, but it went into foreclosure.

Both the properties I have seen in photos from Texas were a complete mess.

I suspect they were in on a pattern of behavior that remains the same. I think they were planning the same scam in California, then when they got to Oklahoma, they would declare bankruptcy yet again, rent a house for 2 years, then once the bankruptcy had been discharged for 2 years, buy another house.

When you’re at the point of filing bankruptcy, $175 per pay period isn’t chump change. JMO

I don't think they had any financial planning ability at all though.

Honestly, reading about the details of this case is kinda nauseating.

I eat meat and this convo is skeeving me out. Respectfully, I don’t think a bunch of posts about people’s experiences with canned meat are necessary in discussing the case.

The conversation was started about lack of nutrition, in those meats. Obese people can become malnourished from eating said meats. I don't know how much I've read about feces, or the discussion about the drawing on the wall, and if it was feces in the center, feces smeared on the wall, dogs eating out of diapers, while I've been eating. Not exactly appetizing topics either. So, I'll try to keep it to safer topics now.

The breakdown of the different types of life insurance was surprising to me. It went to various types of policies from my understanding. I also see bankruptcy as a last resort. I’d opt to have my husband save his money on life insurance if it meant an extra $400/month so we don’t have to file bankruptcy, but that’s just me. FWIW, my husband pays less than $300/month for two very generous policies, one for me, one for his kids, and it’s not through his employer, so we don’t get any deals. Idk, their life insurance situation just strikes me as odd.

ETA - I’m also bringing up insurance to try to divert the convo back to the actual case and not processed meat.

Are you inferring though, that he was planning to do something to his family?

Are you inferring though, that he was planning to do something to his family?

No, that wouldn’t make sense since the life insurance policies would likely be on HIS life. And LT would be the beneficiary. Those policies weren’t on his families lives, they would be on his life. In my experience with life insurance.

Have you ever been sold life insurance? They will guilt-trip the heck out of you to get you to buy as much as possible. LOL.

But seriously, I see it as a very sound and responsible decision for him to carry a high amount of life insurance. He's a high-earning, sole breadwinner in the family and he has (at that time) 12 children. If he dies, then LT is going to have to make up his salary in order to maintain their standard of living. (I know, I know, but that's the terminology the life insurance salespeople use.) If DT died, then LT and any minor children would receive Social Security benefits, but it wouldn't completely cover his salary.

Also, it depends on the type of life insurance. If he was sold on whole life, then that costs a lot more than term.

The conversation was started about lack of nutrition, in those meats. Obese people can become malnourished from eating said meats. I don't know how much I've read about feces, or the discussion about the drawing on the wall, and if it was feces in the center, feces smeared on the wall, dogs eating out of diapers, while I've been eating. Not exactly appetizing topics either. So, I'll try to keep it to safer topics now.

I understand how and why the convo started. It just seemed to morph into a lot of off topic personal stories about said canned meats, and besides it being unappetizing, it was just off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper