CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went off about the weights in the last thread but I'll reiterate bc of the posts above me: size & weight are all relative, esp when it comes to frame size. I'm NOT saying the oldest girl wasn't starved. I'm saying we don't have all of the information. How tall is she? How large is her frame? What is her set point? Was she particularly dehydrated the day she was weighed? Had she voided prior? Was she wearing clothes? How's her fat vs muscle vs bone ratio? Sorry, just soooo many factors play into this. The one simple number "82 lbs" does not tell us the whole story. What if she's like 5'1"?

Similarly, I'm NOT saying the youngest kids weren't starved, but some children are very small/lithe, very petite, just don't start putting on weight until they get older. My younger sis was tiiiiiny, bone-thin until she was like 18 .. she was a very late bloomer. I was my full adult size (& my highest weight ever, incidentally) when I was 13. Random!

I'm 5'9" & if I weighed 82 I'd be dead (I'd probably be dead, or at least look dead, at anything under 110) but two ppl have chimed in saying they're my same height & have recorded weights in the 90s & low 100s, and I believe them. #jussayin .. haha.

JMO
You mentioned in a recent post that
"....just trying to predict how the defense might scrape together a case."

But yet you didnt say that at all in the above post. And since we are a victim friendly place its no wonder when people read posts like that, it comes across as being sympathetic to the abusers and trying to find ways to justify what the parents did.

I actually enjoy discussing defense strategies and it may help to preface the intentions of a post like above if that is the real reason for it.

People can post however they want and just trying to help explain why some of the reactions are what they are.

I just thought it was a target for darts, that someone put a face on top of!!!!!

That's what I saw too. That's why I said it looked like a threat to me. But I thought darts, BB gun, knives, potatoes, urine, etc. But I did see it as a target that represented a threat. Like, they were a target.

I want to know why Randy (David's brother) is interested in adopting the kids? HUGE NO NO and read flags for me! I don't like the idea that he advocates fasting as part of his religious experiences. Didn't he write a book? I hope Social Services told him that he can't be considered because of the abuse done to the kids. And his fasting beliefs alone should disqualify him from potential custody. I hate the idea of Social Services talking to him about adoption!

This family is too bizarre on both parents sides for ANY relatives to get custody. Do you think the caseworkers see this or not? The older children should even seek to have their last name changed. The same with the younger ones when they reach legal age. This is to remove any association or relationship to their parents. Regardless of what happens in the parents' cases. No Turpin relatives should get these kids! Nothing is gained from that at all.

Satch

I agree.

In addition to just plain healing reasons, one of the main reasons that no relative should be allowed to get near the children at this time is because of the upcoming trial. They would either intentionally or not intentionally coerce the children into not saying anything bad about the parents during the trial testimony. That is of course if any of them are even called to testify.

I am so glad LE got the restraining order and I really hope they do a good job protecting the children from influences from extended family.

Maybe years from now after the trial and they have begun healing then maybe at the childs own choosing they would want to talk to some of them but before this trial and before their full healing I think it would be a terrible move.

He was still abused.
Not being allowed to eat or shower is still abuse/neglect.

IMO

I am not saying he wasn't. I am saying it doesn't look like he was targeted more than other children.

I have done image searches and have found faces of the children all of them unblurred, and have learned four of the children's names. I know we can't post names yet. I am pretty sure we can't post faces unblurred either.

Satch

I know the names of number one to number seven and number thirteen,and I think I have an idea of number eights name. You do want to put a name with a face..

The wedding videos that had the children participating I can't find online now. IIRC there was one poster that said they had downloaded it but I don't remember who. It was interesting to watch them.

I know the names of number one to number seven and number thirteen,and I think I have an idea of number eights name. You do want to put a name with a face..

The wedding videos that had the children participating I can't find online now. IIRC there was one poster that said they had downloaded it but I don't remember who. It was interesting to watch them.

One long one is still available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tb4ZBbvcrc

This article is very sad. Apparently the minor children pleaded with authorities to stay together as a family so that they can bond and help each other. Is there any way that this wish could come about?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...-torture-case-children-live-together-split-up

From the above link:

"California torture family: Will Turpin children be allowed to live together?
THE TURPIN children have already been through horrific abuse including starvation at their hands of their parents. But now the family are due to be split up when the California child torture case is concluded."

"The siblings have been treated in a medical facility for their release, where they have also undergone DNA testing to ensure they are all related and not kidnapping victims.

But now they could be split up, after the six children were told they will be divided between two foster homes.

The seven adults, who have developmental issues and are unable to look after themselves, will be sent to an assisted living facility.

The younger children, aged between two and 17 years old, pleaded with authorities to stay as a family - and police have recorded the siblings have a particularly special bond due to their imprisonment."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...-torture-case-children-live-together-split-up

It makes me sad to know the victims are being split apart :( ----wish they could all heal together. I wonder how they all feel.

As for the "aunties" and other "family members".... I can't even tell you how I feel sans breaking the TOS and ending up in WS time out. arghhhhh

I'm with you, Seattle, as to the aunts/family. Not impressed.

"Experts say the siblings would likely be left with permanent physical and emotional damage, such as anxiety and depression, as well as issues around food.

"When the brain is starved of proteins and other building blocks, brain development is going to be impacted," Dr. Richard Pan, a paediatrician who is a Democratic state senator from the Sacramento area, said."

Snip

"The younger children could begin growing again once their nutrition improves but may never reach their full heights.

Those who lost IQ might recover some of their intellect but not all of it, Dr Dean Blumberg, associate professor of paediatrics at the University of California said."

<modsnip>
One of my favorite quotes.

&#8220;When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.&#8221; - Mr. Rogers

<modsnip> If someone makes fun of a person who tries to address an injustice, this someone is part of the injustice.

This article is very sad. Apparently the minor children pleaded with authorities to stay together as a family so that they can bond and help each other. Is there any way that this wish could come about?

I believe the decision has already been made to send them to two foster homes. More than likely that was the best option. It's not uncommon for two or three brothers or sisters to be split up and sent to different foster homes. I think it would be very unlikely to find a foster home that could accommodate six children.

Children rescued in California captivity case to be split up in foster care

The six minors who were found shackled in a California home will be split up between two foster homes, a source close to the investigation tells CBS News. Riverside County will be granted conservatorship over the seven adult siblings and they will be transferred to an assisted living facility for adults, the source said.

A source close to the investigation told CBS News' David Begnaud last week that the siblings specifically asked social workers if they could stay together after being freed.

Children rescued in California captivity case to be split up in foster care - CBS News

I believe the decision has already been made to send them to two foster homes. More than likely that was the best option. It's not uncommon for two or three brothers or sisters to be split up and sent to different foster homes. I think it would be very unlikely to find a foster home that could accommodate six children.

Children rescued in California captivity case to be split up in foster care - CBS News

As long as the kids are allowed to see and talk to each other often, so they can still bond, splitting them up is probably the best of a set of bad options. Very few people are beating down the doors to foster/adopt six special-needs children all at once. And the "mega-families" that do adopt large broods are, to put it kindly, not always the optimal environment for troubled children (most are rigidly religious and disciplinarian, which these kids do NOT need). The family is not suitable, IMO, and should not get these kids - they turned a blind eye to the abuse, among other things.

I'm sure Amy Duggar means well, but these kids are going to need therapeutic foster homes, not just kind people who think "I'll take them home and love on them and feed them and pray over them and that will make them into healthy normal kids!" The Turpin survivors need more than that. I am praying and hoping that they - adults and kids alike - get everything they need to help them heal and be the best people they can be.

I have done image searches and have found faces of the children all of them unblurred, and have learned four of the children's names. I know we can't post names yet. I am pretty sure we can't post faces unblurred either.

Satch

Oh yes, I know unblurred pictures and names are not allowed here. I know people can search. I know there are links all over.

My skills aren't up to par, but here is the earliest picture I've found. We know the oldest has already been removed from public school here, but look at the hairbands and ponytail holders. They are still individuals and pretty clearly various ages from young adult to small child.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tur...#imgdii=w2APzuVje1BTnM:&imgrc=n46Or3g3udnRzM:

Since I can't seem to add an actual picture to my post, I won't continue my thoughts on pics as they age. This picture shows me a fairly normal family still, even though I know there had to already be things that were not right at the point this picture must've been taken.

I invite anyone to compare this to the identification picture on the media thread or the heartbreaking couch picture and know that all of the kids aged 10 years during that timeframe.

ETA:. Sorry, I lied, here is one more for now. This pic with Mickey. The eldest girl is in the back on the left, but her two younger sisters, on the other side of Mickey are the same height or taller now. The littlest still have bangs and pigtails.
https://goo.gl/images/7BJtb9

I’m not sure which talk show hosts you’re referring to. But anyway, liars always have an excuse. One of my friends is a liar, and she would totally lie if she was God forbid in the situation of LTs siblings. She would probably change her stories left and right, just like LTs sibs, to fit the agenda of the day (or interview). If called out on it, she would rattle off another lie to explain the inconsistency. So it may not even matter if they were called out on the inconsistencies.

Just my experience with liars.

WOW. I cannot suffer pathological liars. They have no capacity to be a "friend" to anyone, because they cannot be trusted. They do not know what friendship is. Somehow, they get by, but there are some seriously DANGEROUS pathological liars out there.......and they reproduce. JMO

imagev164f28c8d75e32a62c0c7a2c0ec5adfd7-juk5su2ayvkk3c10mp2_ct1024x768.jpg

I did it! I think. I can't edit it, but I found a good blurred photo that still shows some features.

This picture...it must be 10 years old. They look like a fairly normal family, even though we think things were already "off" at the very least in this household.

I can't do it now, but I'll see if I can post some of the Disney side by side in what I believe to be chronological order. I don't think we'll "find" any missing kids or anything, but it is a striking visual to see the kids side by side over time.

Or if someone else understands where I'm coming from and thinks it is a good idea...please do.

Or if you all tell me this is a terrible idea that won't add to the understanding and only serve to derail the thread, I'll leave it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper