CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our only choices are to accept the fact that we get in our cars which kill thousands . We eat french fries that are proven to clog (UMMM) the veins in our body. We board airplanes that crash on occasion. We walk down stairs that we could fall down.

We cook when their is a chance of fire. We live in thunderstorms where we could be stuck by lightening. They play football when the could have a life altering concusion. We get electricity from a nuclear power plant that could meltdown at any moment. We cross a railroad track when a 19 ton locomtive could be upon us.

We grocery shop when there could be water on the floor. We are online when our finances could be stolen. We dice tomatos when we could cut ourselves . We ride a subway when it could unrail. We go to the bank when it might get robbed. We eat food that may be contaimated with ecoli. We BBQ when the gill might blow up.

We stay when a huuricane is coming. We smoke when it will kill us. We drive drunk when it might reulst in a coolision. We might not wear seatbelts when it could kill us.

You guys (dont have one !) text while operating a three ton machine at 65 mph. We plug in electrical things when there could be a short . We shower when we might fall. We put gas in our cars when it might ignite . We take mdications that have side effects.

It is called living......................

Thanks for another thought-provoking post -- we have to get along in our own way, don't we? Stepping out the front door and, without realizing it, crossing our fingers that we will cross that threshold again.

Hi! This afternoon there was a woman standing by the entrance to the southern state parkway. She was dressed super strange. She had on a purple beanie, a bright red long huge cape coat. And long multi colored ankle length dress, purple socks (I kid you not) and she was doing squats. Quite alarming. I even thought, what could she be hiding under there? As we approached in our car it became clear to me that she was mentally ill. I wondered, is that suspicious? Because I would only have called on her had I thought she was going to run into traffic and hurt herself.

Had she been dressed in a hajib or burka or black, and been middle eastern instead of African American would I have become alarmed enough to think to call, or would I still have thought she was mentally ill? I dunno. I'd like to think I wasn't profiling, but I think I was. I think I assessed her to be non threatening because of her race. I don't know how this makes me feel.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I thought about your post while driving tonight. A crazy lady with purple socks, and doing squats was just that, a person with mental illness. You might feel bad for her, and worry for HER safety.

Same scenario except the woman is in a burka. I think NOW I'd think "crazy Muslim lady, might have a gun under her clothes, let's call the authorities". I'm serious. Profiling, yes! That neighbour of nuts and nuttier saw many boxes being delivered. Saw her going to the garage a lot. For whatever reason his gut thought it suspicious. But then he felt that he was profiling, so he kept his gut feeling to himself. Too bad his gut didn't overcome his feelings of PC, the outcome might have been much different. I'm not blaming him. His behaviour is normal.

Note: You guys may think I am a poor speller. I'm Canadian, and we spell the "English way", so some of my words may look different to you. I assure you, it's still correct (except when I make a real typo from time-to-time).

An account of what happened in that room. He must have left before the break. Seems like if an argument happened it would have been at a break.

http://www.pe.com/articles/farook-788485-nwadike-one.html

It wasn’t until event organizers were handing out clickers for a true-false trivia game before the break that the other men noticed Farook’s seat at the end of the table was empty, his belongings still there.

Nwadike asked that a clicker be left at Farook’s place, assuming he was coming back.
This is the first time I've let myself read an actual account of the attack. I tend to get very emotional. I just wanted to say that it's so awful what they did but especially Farook as these were people that knew and trusted him. They gave him a baby shower. It makes the shootings more horrible to me. I'll bet even the devil didn't shake this guys hand.

It does not take training. It takes common sense and being observant. Everybody should be watching what is happening in their own environment. I had an experience that really had me nervous. I was walking into a store at Christmas time to do some shopping. As I walked through the parking lot I noticed a man loading a gun in his front seat. I made a mental note of the color of the car and where it was so I could notify security in the store. When I got closer I saw that there was an armoured car in front. Now I was very nervous. I walked in and saw the courier walking towards the exit with a bag. I kept trying to get his attention but I am sure his training says never stop, keep walking. I finally hurried in front of him and just said " There's a man with a gun out there. At that point he stopped to hear me out. I pointed out where the car was ans which car and he got his gun out as he walked to the armored vehicle. Nothing happened so the man I saw must have been OK but what if he wasn't? I would never forgive myself if I didn't report what I saw and the man ended up shooting the guard.

If something seems out of place, report it. You could save a life, or a neighborhood.

Excellent response to that situation.

Its a different envoromnet -- there are houndres of innocents in a packed movie.

In the wild , it is a poor animal out in the open all by itself , I have always thought (!) one wants to be a bigshot - jump in the water , beat the shark up , and proudly hand it on ones wall!!

Being capable of gunning down an powerless animal in the wild is not an accomplishment - chase the bear down , and if one wins fine-- everytime on the same terms the animal will beat the H#ck of an armed homosapien -- how is that an accomplishment ???

I am open for examples !

Snipped because this is so profound.

1. My daughter regularly guns down a powerless deer or two each year, so does her husband. To eat them. Granted, there are indeed trophy hunters. But on the whole most hunters are food gathering. And not randomly. They age their deer. They go for the kill zone. They're highly trained, one shot food hunters. They don't open up on defenseless animals with automatic weapons. And the majority of hunters are the same.

2. Terrorists do exactly the opposite. It's ironic to me that what i snipped is precisely how a terrorist operates. But it US they hunt. Do you see what I'm getting at? We're treated like animals by them. All the more reason to not be animals, and be armed.

I really like your thought provoking posts. Even when they hit me the opposite. :)

This is the first time I've let myself read an actual account of the attack. I tend to get very emotional. I just wanted to say that it's so awful what they did but especially Farook as these were people that knew and trusted him. They gave him a baby shower. It makes the shootings more horrible to me. I'll bet even the devil didn't shake this guys hand.

Yeah, that got to me too. "Thank you for the baby clothes, and FU".

You know.... I am so damn sure I read an article (can't remember where right now will try find link)
That the father and mother were having marriage difficulties so we're estranged. But that dad also was quite a strong willed Muslim. And the family therefore were indoctrinated with quite radical Islamic views.
Ugh I'm annoyed now I can't remember.... gonna go Google. ... lol else I'll not sleep. Tonight as it will bug me.
I can't help you with the article however I thought it was Her father that was a strict, devout Muslim?

Snipped because this is so profound.

1. My daughter regularly guns down a powerless deer or two each year, so does her husband. To eat them. Granted, there are indeed trophy hunters. But on the whole most hunters are food gathering. And not randomly. They age their deer. They go for the kill zone. They're highly trained, one shot food hunters. They don't open up on defenseless animals with automatic weapons. And the majority of hunters are the same.

2. Terrorists do exactly the opposite. It's ironic to me that what i snipped is precisely how a terrorist operates. But it US they hunt. Do you see what I'm getting at? We're treated like animals by them. All the more reason to not be animals, and be armed.

I really like your thought provoking posts. Even when they hit me the opposite. :)

I have lived in the far FAR north (Cdn. Yukon) and hunting is as normal as going to the grocery store for meat. Not for us, not our style. But I respect when the hunt is clean, and nothing is wasted. It's more ethical than the beef I buy at the grocery store really!

Amen. I'm always flabergasted that some think strickter laws are going tto help. It's onlly goinng to take the guns out of the hannds of law abiding citizens who want to protect tthemselves and their family.

Once we're unarmed/helpless we can depend on the government to protect us. :rolleyes:

LOL, I actually wondered if I would be pulled into the office to explain (no problem, I would have). I made notes before I went. References to the various depts. that didn't give a damn. If I had gone in I would have shown them that too. Maybe NOW they are more serious, but then...well, it just made no sense at all, NONE.
We will never know, but I'm going to choose to think that your intelligence information is going to ruin a bad guys day. Makes me feel good to imagine this. Is that OK? [emoji4]

It does not take training. It takes common sense and being observant. Everybody should be watching what is happening in their own environment. I had an experience that really had me nervous. I was walking into a store at Christmas time to do some shopping. As I walked through the parking lot I noticed a man loading a gun in his front seat. I made a mental note of the color of the car and where it was so I could notify security in the store. When I got closer I saw that there was an armoured car in front. Now I was very nervous. I walked in and saw the courier walking towards the exit with a bag. I kept trying to get his attention but I am sure his training says never stop, keep walking. I finally hurried in front of him and just said " There's a man with a gun out there. At that point he stopped to hear me out. I pointed out where the car was ans which car and he got his gun out as he walked to the armored vehicle. Nothing happened so the man I saw must have been OK but what if he wasn't? I would never forgive myself if I didn't report what I saw and the man ended up shooting the guard.

If something seems out of place, report it. You could save a life, or a neighborhood.
Wow. You know what? Whenever I see armored trucks picking up at my local stores I sometimes wait for them to leave. Too many movies from the 70s I guess. Good for you being so aware of your surroundings. That's what we all should be doing. I'm guessing having our faces in our cell phones all of the time might actually work in the favor of a bad guy/gal.

I have lived in the far FAR north (Cdn. Yukon) and hunting is as normal as going to the grocery store for meat. Not for us, not our style. But I respect when the hunt is clean, and nothing is wasted. It's more ethical than the beef I buy at the grocery store really!

Especially when you consider how slaughter houses operate. Hunting is much more humane. Sorry O/T

I guess what I can't get past about the whole, "Hunt for meat" or "To thin the herd" justifications for the "sport"... is Hunters ENJOY...Well..hunting down and killing animals. I find that disturbing. JMO
I could never "enjoy" taking a life. I'd probably have to be starving, literally, to even attempt it!

I thought about your post while driving tonight. A crazy lady with purple socks, and doing squats was just that, a person with mental illness. You might feel bad for her, and worry for HER safety.

Same scenario except the woman is in a burka. I think NOW I'd think "crazy Muslim lady, might have a gun under her clothes, let's call the authorities". I'm serious. Profiling, yes! That neighbour of nuts and nuttier saw many boxes being delivered. Saw her going to the garage a lot. For whatever reason his gut thought it suspicious. But then he felt that he was profiling, so he kept his gut feeling to himself. Too bad his gut didn't overcome his feelings of PC, the outcome might have been much different. I'm not blaming him. His behaviour is normal.

Note: You guys may think I am a poor speller. I'm Canadian, and we spell the "English way", so some of my words may look different to you. I assure you, it's still correct (except when I make a real typo from time-to-time).
You spell fine! I have to go back and edit almost every one of my posts, lol.
When we saw this woman and I thought about it, I honestly do not know what I would have done in the alternate scenario. Possibly call it in, in light of recent activity. But perhaps not. I am a middle class white Catholic woman, I am conditioned to feel guilt for judging people because I am "have" and they are "have nots". So my worry is, would I have kept quiet because I was afraid I was wrong? Or am I past my conditioning and call it in? I really don't know!!!
Just to be clear, I am a worrier. So Terrorism really doesn't frighten me any more than anything else. For instance crossing the street, car accidents, plane crashes, house fires, collapsing ceilings, etc. My family hates my worrying constantly but what can you do?

CARIIS, there are many, many examples of citizens with CCP permits preventing crimes and saving lives. It is not always reported in many ms media outlets. Doesn't fit their agenda/narrative, imo. The following is an example of lives saved during a terrorist attack due to a Navy Officer having his personal weapon in a gun free zone;

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/...ng-fire-navy-officer-confirms-he-shot/317455/

Navy officer confirms he shot at Abdulazeez with his personal weapon
"The tragic shooting on July 16/2015 in Chattanooga, Tennessee, ... Instinct, basic training helped Marine save daughter during July 16 attack ... Navy: Officer has not been charged for firing personal weapon at Chattanooga gunman.

A 63-year-old autoworker with a concealed weapons license shot a gunman who was robbing a Warren, Michigan, bank, according to Fox 2 Detroit.
<news video>

In those situations it's great, then you hear about someone shooting at a suspected shoplifter.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/26/1164840/-Walmart-Employees-Kill-Another-Alleged-Shoplifter

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/30790613-story
Home Depot shoplifter shooting - careless gun use or vigilante justice?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ots-at-fleeing-shoplifter-could-face-charges/
‘Worst nightmare': Woman with concealed gun permit shoots at fleeing shoplifter outside Home Depot

Some people are smart enough to use guns responsibly and other aren't, how do we weed out the incapable? I used to hunt and enjoy it, but I sold my guns to a gun store when my children got old enough to find my hiding places. Yes I had locks on all my guns, but it wasn't worth the risk of something happening. Now the children have gone but I've grandchildren over all the time so still no guns. It's all about who would you trust around you with guns. Around here I read of so many people I wouldn't trust with a butter knife. I don't have answers, only hope for my children and grandchildren that the world will be a safer place for them..

Yup! Thanks for a good post.
I just don't like the big game hunters that go to Africa and hunt animals that have been culled for their enjoyment and head hunting. Yuk.
My parents live in upstate New York and its far kinder to hunt deer than it is to watch them starve to death in a cold winter or over populate in a warm one.

Once we're unarmed/helpless we can depend on the government to protect us. :rolleyes:
Lol. Took me a minute to Gage the flavor of your post [emoji6]

I guess what I can't get past about the whole, "Hunt for meat" or "To thin the herd" justifications for the "sport"... is Hunters ENJOY...Well..hunting down and killing animals. I find that disturbing. JMO
Do you eat meat from the grocery store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member