CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but will he? I won't hold my breath. I used to be a big supporter of Obama. I felt he was being critized unfairly and that he inherited a lot of problems that would take time to correct. I have completely changed my opinion.

Some posters seem to be confusing the office of President of the United States with Superman. They expect Barack Obama to stand outside every community center in our vast country, armed with an uzi and ready to do battle with any terrorists, foreign or domestic, who appear. I'm sorry, but that's really not in his job description.

We've already proven twice (Afghanistan, Iraq) that American boots on the ground in the Middle East only creates more terrorists, here, there and in Europe. We've bombed so many ISIS targets that we are running out of bombs to drop (per CNN quoting Pentagon sources).

What exactly is it you think the President can do?

Told DH about your earlier post and we just sat in silence for a moment shaking our heads. Is the new motto "Tell us so we can ignore you?" And if something happens, the authorities are going to deny any knowledge?!! SMH

Thank you, and I'm sorry I saddened you both. I have to admit, it was frustration to the extreme at the time, and it never really left me. My gut is telling me they'll be a better response this time. We'll see.

I wish I could give the entire slew of information I had on this guy, it was quite damning. The agent at the border tonight said "if it walks like a duck". He BELIEVED me, and that itself was "something".

Some posters seem to be confusing the office of President of the United States with Superman. They expect Barack Obama to stand outside every community center in our vast country, armed with an uzi and ready to do battle with any terrorists, foreign or domestic, who appear. I'm sorry, but that's really not in his job description.

We've already proven twice (Afghanistan, Iraq) that American boots on the ground in the Middle East only creates more terrorists, here, there and in Europe. We've bombed so many ISIS targets that we are running out of bombs to drop (per CNN quoting Pentagon sources).

I think he could take a stance on terrorism instead of making excuses. I think he could be doing more to ask congress for support for fighting Isis instead of insulting citizens that want the government to do a better job of vetting those seeking admission to thia country. He accuses people of being against Muslims, instead of what people are really saying, fight radical Islamists.

Snipped because this is so profound.

1. My daughter regularly guns down a powerless deer or two each year, so does her husband. To eat them. Granted, there are indeed trophy hunters. But on the whole most hunters are food gathering. And not randomly. They age their deer. They go for the kill zone. They're highly trained, one shot food hunters. They don't open up on defenseless animals with automatic weapons. And the majority of hunters are the same.

2. Terrorists do exactly the opposite. It's ironic to me that what i snipped is precisely how a terrorist operates. But it US they hunt. Do you see what I'm getting at? We're treated like animals by them. All the more reason to not be animals, and be armed.

I really like your thought provoking posts. Even when they hit me the opposite. :)

I hear you. We own a field outside our City for Duck Hunters. I respect the sport and the fact that guns are involved. They come in the side door and go into the locked secure thingy. I will never understand the need for an assault rifle. That's mass killing needs be be banned. IMO

I think we should focus completely on immigration, who we let in. Turn our focus inward so to speak. Take a much harder stance on who we are approving for admittance. That would help me feel safer. I'm not sure if its actually doable though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That, and she gave a NON-address on her visa application.

Astounding. Red flag to the vetting process. Even with coming in fast tracked on any kind of Visa.

doesn't everyone ask, "Oh, what did you get?", "what's that big box" etc and how does the mother not notice that, although things, huge and numerous things get delivered every day there are never any new appliances, dishes, electronics etc....

I just want to say, when my daughter gets packages delivered, as soon as she gets home from work I am all in her bedroom because I want to see what she bought. lol

I think he could take a stance on terrorism instead of making excuses. I think he could be doing more to ask congress for support for fighting Isis instead of insulting citizens that want the government to do a better job of vetting those seeking admission to thia country. He accuses people of being against Muslims, instead of what people are really saying, fight radical Islamists.

Did you watch him tonight? He took a firm stance on terrorism and explained, very specifically, how we're going to fight it. I didn't hear him make any excuses. I guess that depends on what you mean - what excuses has he made?

People ARE against Muslims and need to be reminded we're all Americans. He did that. If you don't think people are anti-Muslim right now then I think you're lucky to have avoided their bigotry and hate. I wish I could say the same.

IMO if we do what we need to do to fight this vetting people who want to move here won't be as much of a problem. We won't have to be afraid of anyone who decides to visit or move here. Maybe we'll be able to help refugees without everyone being so afraid of them.

Do you eat meat from the grocery store?

Yes I do eat meat, and I get it about the whole inhumane industry... I have had many a hunter vs non hunter discussion with people who hunt. I am just pointing out that they LOVE to do it, it's not about profit, or food or humanitarian issues. They love it.

I guess what I can't get past about the whole, "Hunt for meat" or "To thin the herd" justifications for the "sport"... is Hunters ENJOY...Well..hunting down and killing animals. I find that disturbing. JMO
I could never "enjoy" taking a life. I'd probably have to be starving, literally, to even attempt it!

OT - Some people would starve if they didn't hunt. I've been there, I don't need to worry anymore. I never enjoyed taking a life, never will. Sometimes you do what you have to do. If you were starving, you'd hunt or do just about anything to feed yourself.

OT - Some people would starve if they didn't hunt. I've been there, I don't need to worry anymore. I never enjoyed taking a life, never will. Sometimes you do what you have to do. If you were starving, you'd hunt or do just about anything to feed yourself.

Or your hungry children...

Did the parents own that other house or rent? It was sold in late June but the mother moved in with son SRF in May (landlord said the family moved in condo in mid-May.) Since the father lives with the other son, he must have had some contact or at least some knowledge of other son SRF.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-ideology-ISIS-wanted-eliminate-Israel.html

The couple's divorce was started in 2006 finalized this year, and the elder Farook said that she moved in with Rizwan last May and he moved in with Raheel in September.

Grrrr. He did not just get a baby shower, he had his baby medical paid for by the the United States, aka you and me.
He got paid maternity leave, paid for by you and me. He got weeks of vacations to go play around in the middle east, paid for by you and me.

I'm furious.

Grandma? I say Bull she didn't know what was going on in that house. DEPORT her now.

This is the first time I've let myself read an actual account of the attack. I tend to get very emotional. I just wanted to say that it's so awful what they did but especially Farook as these were people that knew and trusted him. They gave him a baby shower. It makes the shootings more horrible to me. I'll bet even the devil didn't shake this guys hand.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Did the parents own that other house or rent? It was sold in late June but the mother moved in with son SRF in May (landlord said the family moved in condo in mid-May.) Since the father lives with the other son, he must have had some contact with son SRF.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-ideology-ISIS-wanted-eliminate-Israel.html

The couple's divorce was started in 2006 finalized this year, and the elder Farook said that she moved in with Rizwan last May and he moved in with Raheel in September.

Both son's are "son SRF." :sigh:

Paul Ryan is growing a beard! Who do we call?
:scared:

[video=twitter;671438276537024513]https://twitter.com/SpeakerRyan/status/671438276537024513[/video]

(I think it looks good on him.)

on the entire narrative. All about how tiny she was and all. This kind of suggestion that the obviously guilty parties are not is really way beyond poor taste coming from the family attorneys. The only proper response from a family of a terrorist is horror. They need to be, well, reverent and focused on the victims and not on their family members. That's just how it is and most people know this. Why don't these people? I go back to something I wrote about last night, the proliferation of CT's in the ME and the easy ability of them to be believed. It is pretty unseemly in this situation. The police and FBI didn't make this up. It was not "3 white guys" as I've seen on some Muslim Twitter accounts. There is no way any officials in this country are trying to "set up" Muslims. It's pretty apparent that anything but that is going on.

I haven't heard any more from them. Hopefully the saner family members shut them up. I know the brother in law, married to the terrorists sister, seemed truly horrified, at least to me. I don't see him as someone who wants to be publicly alleging they and the dead terrorists are being victimized.

I agree, Farook's brother-in-law did have the look of somebody in shock. His wife, not so much. I understand, it's her brother, but this is not just a stupid mistake he made. He violated 14 families, plus the survivors, plus the entire country. She needs to focus on that. And she said she wanted to adopt the child, not tell her so she'll have her innocence (so far so good), but then added, something to the effect of "she'll probably find out ON HER OWN some day". On her own, are you kidding me, you'd let the child find out on the street, or taunting from her cousins???? You need to tell her, at an age appropriate time and way. But earlier I suggested I thought she should go to adoption to an unknown family so that this truly does not have to become part of who she is.

I agree, Farook's brother-in-law did have the look of somebody in shock. His wife, not so much. I understand, it's her brother, but this is not just a stupid mistake he made. He violated 14 families, plus the survivors, plus the entire country. She needs to focus on that. And she said she wanted to adopt the child, not tell her so she'll have her innocence (so far so good), but then added, something to the effect of "she'll probably find out ON HER OWN some day". On her own, are you kidding me, you'd let the child find out on the street, or taunting from her cousins???? You need to tell her, at an age appropriate time and way. But earlier I suggested I thought she should go to adoption to an unknown family so that this truly does not have to become part of who she is.

Worse yet, that she'd be iconized as the daughter of two martyrs who died for the cause. Poor little baby.

Paul Ryan is growing a beard! Who do we call?
:scared:

[video=twitter;671438276537024513]https://twitter.com/SpeakerRyan/status/671438276537024513[/video]

(I think it looks good on him.)

Never mind lol

I've gone back and forth on this. I know the goal is usually to keep kids with family members and I know they love her and what to take care of her. I think you're right - they should tell her bits and pieces along the way as she can handle it. She might be old enough to know her parents are gone but not old enough to grasp how and why that is. If she gets adopted by another family that might be a good thing because no one would know her history or attach her to her parents. But what happens when she gets old enough to ask questions? Imagine being 15 and finding out your parents committed such a horrific crime. What do they say when she wants to know where the rest of her family is?

What a mess. What a terrible thing to do to a child!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arling