CA - 2-month old baby found dead in hot car - June 20, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My only question is why didn’t the grandparent, sitter, or whoever you meant to drop her off with, call and ask where she is? Maybe an impromptu drop off you don’t need to schedule?

Often it's a daycare center, and they don't necessarily call families who don't drop their child off. They tend to be understaffed as it is.

Often it's a daycare center, and they don't necessarily call families who don't drop their child off. They tend to be understaffed as it is.
Do you think there would have been a daycare center that they or a family member were supposed to drop her off at for after 3:30 pm for afternoon and evening hours, but they somehow forgot?

And this would explain why they were not noticing her absence, or the need for bottles and diaper changes— because she was supposed to be somewhere else? To me, that’s the only logical explanation for not noticing she was not there…..

It's like Uber but for fast food. You order food from a restaurant that's listed on Grubhub/Postmates and a driver picks it up and drops it off @ your place.
I was thinking more specifically for groceries or restaurant orders.

But I have used it when babysitting grandkids when we just ran out of milk and bread or something and I don't want to load up everyone in the car...

Do you think there would have been a daycare center that they or a family member were supposed to drop her off at for after 3:30 pm for afternoon and evening hours, but they somehow forgot?

And this would explain why they were not noticing her absence, or the need for bottles and diaper changes— because she was supposed to be somewhere else? To me, that’s the only logical explanation for not noticing she was not there…..

I really don't know. Maybe one dad, who was supposed to be taking care of her, forgot she was in the car starting much earlier in the day (after an errand, for example) and was thinking all day that she was with or dropped off somewhere by the other dad? Meanwhile the 2nd dad thought she was fine at home all day and got home at dinner-time or later, and both ended up thinking the other put her to bed. And by the time they both realized she wasn't, it was their bedtime (midnight seems late, but maybe)?

I really don't know. Maybe one dad, who was supposed to be taking care of her, forgot she was in the car starting much earlier in the day (after an errand, for example) and was thinking all day that she was with or dropped off somewhere by the other dad? Meanwhile the 2nd dad thought she was fine at home all day and got home at dinner-time or later, and both ended up thinking the other put her to bed. And by the time they both realized she wasn't, it was their bedtime (midnight seems late, but maybe)?
Yes, that’s a possibility, definitely.
I do wish that they would update about the investigation.

Everyone following this, please, if you can bear to, read the following article from Washington post.

It's such an interesting deep dive into how these things happen, and also reveals why the automotive industry isn't doing more to fight it, eg like with seat belt bleepers.

Trigger warning, it contains some very distressing content.

Thank you for the link. What an informative and comprehensive article. I learned a lot and understand much more.

I have a theory that they met babysitters at the house at 3.30 pm when they arrived home, possibly someone who had only babysat the two-year-old. The dads told the babysitter the kids were in the car and left, with the babysitter(s) taking the two-year-old out of the car, probably very excited. The babysitters got distracted with the likely energetic two-year-old and are used to only having the toddler and forgot about the baby. The baby was found once the dads came home.
Like I said, it's just a theory, JMO.

I have a theory that they met babysitters at the house at 3.30 pm when they arrived home, possibly someone who had only babysat the two-year-old. The dads told the babysitter the kids were in the car and left, with the babysitter(s) taking the two-year-old out of the car, probably very excited. The babysitters got distracted with the likely energetic two-year-old and are used to only having the toddler and forgot about the baby. The baby was found once the dads came home.
Like I said, it's just a theory, JMO.
Great theory. In keeping with it, I wonder if the babysitter is a teenager? Taking care and dealing with all those pets would be a lot!! I'm still surprised that more information has not come out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mandi_lee
Back