CA - 3 dead, including gunman, Saugus High School, Santa Clarita, 14 Nov 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How would he know for sure who exactly would be at the school that early for it to be a targeted shooting?

I don't know about your high school, but I went to high school about 30 miles from the one where this shooting occurred. Everyone had a place where they stand. The group where the shooting took place was in a particular "corner of the quad." At least, every group had their traditional places. There were patios and corners defended staunchly by the seniors, who kept everyone else in place. There were areas where each grade year mainly hung out. I've done research in a few other California high schools, and the stage was the same.

I don't know about your high school, but I went to high school about 30 miles from the one where this shooting occurred. Everyone had a place where they stand. The group where the shooting took place was in a particular "corner of the quad." At least, every group had their traditional places. There were patios and corners defended staunchly by the seniors, who kept everyone else in place. There were areas where each grade year mainly hung out. I've done research in a few other California high schools, and the stage was the same.
Yes it was same for my schools too. I just wondered early in when reports were stating some were in class, some just arriving. My group was always in the Courtyard but where we stood was in relation to where are next class was.

The destruction of the family in this country has had a corrosive effect on society in general, I believe it has a huge impact on all manner of societal dysfunctions. I've yet to see any evidence to the contrary.

The 20's and 30's were absolutely terrible for families (along with most of the 19th centuries). what period of time are you referencing? When were things functional in your view? And where?

Homicide is at an all time low. How have families been destroyed? Are you merely talking about divorce? If so, perhaps you can find evidence to support your side?

I still have pictures I took at Columbine on my phone (being a typical teen I guess). Each new phone upgrade I get, I transfer them. It’s probably not healthy but I just can’t let them go.

These teens will have to find a way to process what they went through, hopefully with much support.

I still have pictures I took at Columbine on my phone (being a typical teen I guess). Each new phone upgrade I get, I transfer them. It’s probably not healthy but I just can’t let them go.

These children will have to find a way to process what they went through, hopefully with much support.

Dear gawd were you there when the shooting happened?

Dear gawd were you there when the shooting happened?

Yes, I was. I was a sophomore in high school at the time and found safety in a bathroom with 6 other students near the library.

ETA: I really should stay off of these threads but as an adult I feel it’s almost my duty to help their voices be heard. Plus, I’m dating myself...oh well.

Last edited:
Yes, I was. I was a sophomore in high school at the time and found safety in a bathroom with about 6 other students near the library.

ETA: I really should stay off of these threads but as an adult I feel it’s almost my duty to help their voices be heard.

I'm so sorry :(
Sending you a virtual hug!!!

I just wondered early in when reports were stating some were in class, some just arriving.

I too saw in some MSM article that classes had not started yet, and thought maybe there was what my high school had called "zero period" (before 1st period, when a small handful of elective classes would meet). I just checked the bell schedule posted on the Saugus HS website and it lists 1st period as starting at 6:55am (regular bell schedule) - however, according to the info for new freshmen, all students have one open period on their schedule, in which students don't have to attend class.

(BBM) "Most freshmen will have an open first period... Generally, freshmen start their day at 7:57am." So that could explain why some kids were already in class while others were not.

Thank you. I don’t mean to draw any attention to myself or make this thread about me. Just feeling a little raw after today’s events. Wishing I could do more to help those who have experienced the same terror.

I can't imagine what you've been though or how you must feel each time you hear about another shooting. If it helps to talk about it this is the place to do it. We're here for you!!!

These teens will have to find a way to process what they went through, hopefully with much support.

Dear KayElJay,

Sharing your personal history of being a survivor of a school shooting is incredibly important and helps others on many levels.

You are courageous and strong in spirit to share this.

The fact that you are a Moderator on Websleuths to help others shows your fortitude and great compassion.

Today, it was deeply saddening to hear of this shooting. It always is heart-wrenching.

I can't understand what's behind this senseless shootings. Each case seems to have a deeply troubled person who chooses an evil method. That's all I do seem to understand. And that's not enough.

My heart goes out to the families of these young victims. May they hold one another close during this unfathomable time, surrounded by love and support.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zorboz
Back