CA CA - 4 (previously 6) individuals missing near Idyllwild, summer 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And, for what it’s worth, the 70 something “possible dementia” woman was seriously off track if her family reported her beginning and intended destinations accurately. As in, it should have been at most small town highway driving not middle of a National Forest driving.

I'm not sure what you mean that it should have been small town highway driving. If she was travelling to Hesperia should would've taken the 10 which is very heavily traveled. It's a major southern California freeway with 4 or 5 (or more) lanes in one direction. Then she probably would've taken the 15 which is also a major freeway, but not as heavily traveled as the 10.
Leaving Hemet to travel to where he car was found is mountain driving. There is a fair amount of traffic and I've frequently encountered careless, impatient drivers.

It appears that Jade was the only one of the six who seemingly didn't actually live in the area.

"Kemerer, 30, had been staying on her family's ranch in Anza but headed up to Idyllwild in mid-July, where she checked into the Bluebird Cottage Inn. She had planned to drive to Ohio." Detectives investigate 6 missing person cases in and around Idyllwild

She was "staying" at the family ranch in Anza, but may have lived elsewhere? Maybe after checking out of the inn in Idyllwild, she did drive off to Ohio as planned and something happened on the way....could be anywhere.

As for Dia Abrams, her ranch looks beautiful.....hard to imagine what may have happened.

And none of them found, vanished within a couple of months, other than Roy in March.

You know I was thinking of going up there from where I am on the coast, for a little break and do some hiking. But I'm nixing that idea now.

Regarding Roy, his backpack was found. I wonder about mountain lions. Also bears.....cubs are born in January or early February, so in March the mother bears are very protective of their young, and most aggressive if one were to come across one.

FWIW...

Other Potential Victims Sought After Body Found in Truck
Police are are investigating whether there are any other victims connected to a man found with a dead woman in the back of his pickup at the scene of a Southern California car crash.
From your link:

>>>snip

There’s nothing at this point to make us believe there are additional victims, but we believe there could be,” Anaheim police Sgt. Shane Caringer told the Orange County Register on Tuesday. “We’re not willing to write it off.”

<<<snip

and

>>>The body of Jessie Villesca was discovered inside a pickup truck involved in a crash Friday, July 31, 2020, at an intersection in San Diego County, the Orange County Register reported Monday. Investigators suspect the 56-year-old died earlier in the day in Anaheim and was the victim of a homicide, police said, and have arrested the pickup's owner, Abdulaziz Munther Alubidy, on suspicion of her murder. (Anaheim Police Department via AP) <<<

(
article continues)

California Missing Persons

>>>snip

The Missing and Unidentified Persons Section in the California Department of Justice assists law enforcement and criminal justice agencies in locating missing persons and identifying unknown live and deceased persons through the comparison of physical characteristics, fingerprints and dental/body X-rays.

In California, a missing person is someone whose whereabouts is unknown to the reporting party. This includes any child who may have run away, been taken involuntary or may be in need of assistance. It includes a child illegally taken, held or hidden by a parent or non-parent family member (See California Penal Code Sections 277-280).

There is NO waiting period for reporting a person missing. All California police and sheriffs' departments must accept any report, including a report by telephone, of a missing person, including runaways, without delay and will give priority to the handling of the report...

(article continues at link)

From your link:

>>>snip

There’s nothing at this point to make us believe there are additional victims, but we believe there could be,” Anaheim police Sgt. Shane Caringer told the Orange County Register on Tuesday. “We’re not willing to write it off.”

<<<snip

and

>>>The body of Jessie Villesca was discovered inside a pickup truck involved in a crash Friday, July 31, 2020, at an intersection in San Diego County, the Orange County Register reported Monday. Investigators suspect the 56-year-old died earlier in the day in Anaheim and was the victim of a homicide, police said, and have arrested the pickup's owner, Abdulaziz Munther Alubidy, on suspicion of her murder. (Anaheim Police Department via AP) <<<

(
article continues)

I am reminded of j. Rifkin....yuk

Another article just posted here:

Investigation continues as six people have gone missing near Idyllwild area – KESQ

Not much new info, but 'social media' has noticed the story and people are talking/posting/asking about these folks, which is a good thing. I think.

* Melissa Lane: last seen in Pine Cove headed to Idyllwild. Her phone and her belongings were left behind at her boyfriend's house.

* The Sheriff's department is asking anyone with information to call 951-791-3400.

*News Channel 3 will continue to bring you updates on these six missing persons cases as information becomes available.

Another article just posted here:

Investigation continues as six people have gone missing near Idyllwild area – KESQ

Not much new info, but 'social media' has noticed the story and people are talking/posting/asking about these folks, which is a good thing. I think.

* Melissa Lane: last seen in Pine Cove headed to Idyllwild. Her phone and her belongings were left behind at her boyfriend's house.

* The Sheriff's department is asking anyone with information to call 951-791-3400.

*News Channel 3 will continue to bring you updates on these six missing persons cases as information becomes available.
Melissa Lane's stuff was left at her boyfriend's house? Hmmmm....?

Detectives investigate 6 missing person cases in and around Idyllwild
7d867677-4080-4740-9f0d-1c99039ec121_1140x641.jpg

Aug 5 2020

I'm new to this site, but have family living in the area and have spent a lot of time there, so I've been looking into this. <modsnip: Social media comments are considered rumor and rumors are not allowed at Websleuths> As much as this is a hard time for many - financially, emotionally, mentally, it's difficult to believe 5 women up and vanished between 06/06-07/31 in a fairly small town. The connecting thread to me is all of them had plans, family, etc. and it feels hard to believe they willingly walked away.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm new to this site, but have family living in the area and have spent a lot of time there, so I've been looking into this. <modsnip: Social media comments are considered rumor and rumors are not allowed at Websleuths> As much as this is a hard time for many - financially, emotionally, mentally, it's difficult to believe 5 women up and vanished between 06/06-07/31 in a fairly small town. The connecting thread to me is all of them had plans, family, etc. and it feels hard to believe they willingly walked away.
Welcome to Ws missinginthewild, thanks for posting, local input here is gold!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to missinginthewild and any other new members :) So glad you are here to discuss these disappearances.

Social media comments are not allowed unless they are by an Admin of a recognized MSM source or from LE, so some information has been snipped from the discussion. (Members are always welcome to discuss such things in private conversations where up to 20 other members can be added to the messaging.)

Please review The Rules that are linked in my signature, and especially our Social Media rules found here.

Also new to this site and first post...

I was *just* about to post about this as I live about an hour and a half away and have hiked several nearby trails. One of the things that first came to mind was the Malibu Creek Murder and other unsolved incidents that occurred in/around Malibu/Calabasas at that time-- both mountainous areas with lots of hiking trails.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrypaul
Back