CA CA- 5400 block of La Sierra Avenue, Riverside, Baby Jane Doe, found in plastic bag im dumpster, Oct '87, - Melissa Jean Allen Avila, 55, arrest '24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
'In October 1987, the body of a newborn baby was found in a plastic bag inside of a Riverside, California garbage dumpster. The dumpster was situated behind a business in the 5400 block of La Sierra Avenue in Riverside, which is located approximately 50 miles east of Los Angeles in California's Inland Empire area. A man rummaging for recyclables found the baby girl, whose death was ruled a homicide by the Riverside County Coroner’s Office. At the time, Riverside Police Homicide Detectives worked diligently to solve the case, but all leads were exhausted, and a suspect was not identified'.

'' Othram assisted with investigators' reference testing efforts using KinSNP® Rapid Familial Relationship Testing, which allows investigators to infer kinship in closely and distantly related individuals. These efforts led to the identification and arrest of the infant's mother, 55-year-old Melissa Jean Allen Avila. Avila was 19-years-old at the time of the baby’s death. Detectives do not believe the infant’s father had any criminal culpability in the murder.''

The biological mother of Baby Doe 1987 that was just identified by Othram is a 55 year old from North Carolina, named Melissa Jean Allen Avila.

397458e8-552f-11ef-8b7e-0242ac1d0003.png

Last edited:
This 2023 article is about a different case where a baby was found in 2022. The biological mother of Baby Doe 1987 that was just identified by Othram is named Melissa Jean Allen Avila.
Thank you!, erased my post

Thank you!, erased my post
Thanks, edited mine too.

I hope Melissa Jean Allen Avila remains in prison for the remainder of her life. That poor, innocent baby.

I hate that the fathers are always let off the hook in these cases. How many baby deaths are a result of the male parent leaving the mother to carry the load alone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LDowden72
Back