GUILTY CA - Abdullah Alkadi, 23, Los Angeles, 17 Sept 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Aww. that is sad. I wonder how he ended up in Indio? Was his 2nd vehicle found at his home or is it missing?

I never did figure out how he left the Craigslist car sale, after selling the car? If he was alone, how did he get home? Or did he invite the sellers back by getting a ride with them, only to have them return later?

"A missing Cal State Northridge student who vanished after selling his car on Craigslist about a month ago was found dead in Indio Thursday night, LAPD confirms."
http://abc7.com/news/missing-cal-state-northridge-student-found-dead-in-indio/355405/

From the above link:
"Investigators say his remains were found alongside the 10 Freeway near the Cook Street overpass in Palm Desert at 11:50 p.m. Thursday.

The electrical engineering student, who was reported missing by his brother, had last been seen at his residence on Reseda Boulevard in Northridge."

Oh! I just realized I misread the headline link as India, instead of Indio.

Did they say how long he has been dead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I am sad about this. Thank you taysmommy for the update. At least the family has his remains. I hope they have at least some peace, at least :(

Oh how awful. All the way in Indio? I hope they take another look at the buyer of the car and maybe their friends, anyone who was with them that day.

Saw this on my homepage and on my FB page by ABC7 Los Angeles News. Found out in Palm Desert next to the 10 off the Cook St. overpass. One the news they said the family has been told that 2 people have been detained by police. Also, there will be a presser on Monday afternoon at which time more details will be released.

RIP Abdullah. My heart goes out to your family.

http://abc7.com/news/missing-cal-state-northridge-student-found-dead-in-indio/355405/

I hope LE will share details of what happened. I too wonder if CL has anything to do with his murder.

Rest peacefully Abdullah.

I heard a short report on local KFI talk Radio, in my car. They discussed the presser on Monday, and said The CHIEF of Police is speaking. So that is unusual. They also said the 'Robbery/Homicide' division is handling the case. I still think this will be connected to Craigslist.

Well at least they have a couple of suspects, that's more than they usually have in these cases.

To me it's not a coincidence that he meets with a CL buyer, and then goes missing, is found dead 3 hours from home, without his vehicle. Odd too how his phone pinged in Beaumont, then went off and didn't ping again. I do think the CL buyer needs to be looked at hard.

Just a scenario going around in my head. The buyer shows up to look at the car, with a cashiers check for $35,000 in his pocket. Wants a test drive of the vehicle, and Abdullah goes with him cuz he's not dumb to let the car out of his site without payment. Maybe CL buyer brings a friend to help him check out the car? They go for a test drive, buyer says he wants it, gives AA the check, AA signs the bill of sale, the friend strangles him from the back seat, they drive out to Palm Desert and dump him at the Cook Street off ramp and overpass after taking the cashiers check off him. Then they drive the Audi home or go back and get the car they came in. When you think about it, either the CL buyer drove a car to AA's apartment or had someone bring him, otherwise he now has two cars he has to get home. There had to be another person involved in this with the CL buyer. IMO, JMO.

To me it's not a coincidence that he meets with a CL buyer, and then goes missing, is found dead 3 hours from home, without his vehicle. Odd too how his phone pinged in Beaumont, then went off and didn't ping again. I do think the CL buyer needs to be looked at hard.

Just a scenario going around in my head. The buyer shows up to look at the car, with a cashiers check for $35,000 in his pocket. Wants a test drive of the vehicle, and Abdullah goes with him cuz he's not dumb to let the car out of his site without payment. Maybe CL buyer brings a friend to help him check out the car? They go for a test drive, buyer says he wants it, gives AA the check, AA signs the bill of sale, the friend strangles him from the back seat, they drive out to Palm Desert and dump him at the Cook Street off ramp and overpass after taking the cashiers check off him. Then they drive the Audi home or go back and get the car they came in. When you think about it, either the CL buyer drove a car to AA's apartment or had someone bring him, otherwise he now has two cars he has to get home. There had to be another person involved in this with the CL buyer. IMO, JMO.

This makes sense ^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been MIA for a few days and just saw the news about Abdullah. How sad. It seems as though Abdullah was a smart young with a lot of potential for a successful future.

I think it is extremely unlikely that this is NOT related to CL in one way or another.

http://www.loscerritosnews.net/2014...r-of-csun-student-abdullah-abdullatif-alkadi/

A source close to the case told HMG-CN late Saturday night that the two suspects were conducting a large cash transition with the victim that involved the purchasing of a car from an on line social networking web site.

Both suspects are currently detained Men’s Central Jail in Downtown.

HMG-CN has also learned that a third suspect is involved in the case and that law enforcement officials are aware of who the suspect is and that they are in the process of finding that individual.

Booyah!!! There it is. So LE reports that the CL buyer was not a suspect was hooey. So much for him being "cleared" or whatever terminology they used to lead us to believe Mr. CL Buyer had nothing to do with it.

It would be easy for LE to see if Mr. CL Buyer had withdrawn $35,000 to purchase a car. So that was a dumb move if he didn't. But he still could have kept the check/cash after murdering AA, and walked away with the Audi. I gotta say Mr. CL Buyer is dumb as a box of rocks if that's the case.

He probably DID have proof that he gave AA the money for the car. And the paperwork was all signed. So he looked all clear, at first. But after a bit more digging....:no:

From the way the initial articles were written, it sounds like he sold his car to the CL people and then returned home safely. His roomies saw him around 5 pm. Then he disappeared. I think he did his transaction, left, and they came to his home unannounced later, to retrieve their $.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back