GUILTY CA - Abdullah Alkadi, 23, Los Angeles, 17 Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Am I going crazy? I was certain early news articles said Fernandez was 18-years-old, but now I see he is 28?

i think prosecutors will seek the death penalty, if that age is correct, unless he makes a deal.

Why all the secrecy in regards to posting pictures of the perpetrators ?? Is there some reason for this ?

Some celebrity gets a DUI and it is plastered all over the front page of the paper the next day. Go out and murder some guy out of greed and the LAPD will do their best to keep your identity hidden. Is this some kind of political correctness run amok in LE circles, or do they just enjoy being drama queens ?

Why all the secrecy in regards to posting pictures of the perpetrators ?? Is there some reason for this ?

Some celebrity gets a DUI and it is plastered all over the front page of the paper the next day. Go out and murder some guy out of greed and the LAPD will do their best to keep your identity hidden. Is this some kind of political correctness run amok in LE circles, or do they just enjoy being drama queens ?

Its probably more litigation protection than PC in case the accused walks, could be something to do with jury selection as well.

Hi everyone.

Long time reader, first time poster.

I just wanted to add that I noticed when Agustin Fernandez was first arrested on his LASD inmate profile it said his bail was set at 1 million dollars - I now notice that his profile says No Bail. I guess they consider him a flight risk and changed it?

I am just so surprised that anyone would think they could get away with a crime like this. A man sells his car on Craigslist for a considerable sum, then disappears right after the transaction. Did this Fernandez fellow really think nobody would come a-knockin'?

I guess if criminals were smart they wouldn't be criminals.

Everything keeps getting delayed. The hearing was supposed to take place on September 3rd but I can't find anything to indicate that it did.

"Defense in Alkadi murder asks for more time" - January 21, 2015

http://sundial.csun.edu/2015/01/defense-in-alkadi-murder-asks-for-more-time/

"Hearing for Abdullah Alkadi murder case rescheduled for the third time" - July 1, 2015

http://sundial.csun.edu/2015/07/hearing-for-abdullah-alkadi-murder-case-rescheduled/

The preliminary hearing in the trial is scheduled to take place on Thursday, Sept. 3, 2015.

According to court documents, Judge David Walgren issued continuances, or postponements, of the preliminary hearing on March 19 and again on May 28.

There have been some recent updates on the court proceedings.

Hearing to decide status of man accused in Abdullah Alkadi’s death

According to transcripts of a roughly 12-hour interview Fernandez gave to police, the defendant struck Alkadi and stabbed him to death while the defendant was driving the Audi near the student’s home in Northridge.

Prosecutors allege that Fernandez posed as a buyer and was attempting to keep the car and sale money.

It was not revealed, however, if the killing occurred before or after the sale or why Fernandez was driving the Audi.

Additionally, prosecutors assert that Fernandez then drove to the Palm Springs area and placed Alkadi’s body next to Interstate 10 near the Cook Street exit.

Witness Frank Flores, a detective with the Los Angeles Police Department Robbery/Homicide Division, said Fernandez admitted to the killing during the later part of the interview.

Long Beach Man on Trial for 2014 Slaying of Cal State Northridge Student

On Friday, Long Beach resident Agustin Rosendo Fernandez, 29, was ordered to stand trial in the killing of a Cal State Northridge (CSUN) student, Abdullah Abdullatif Alkadi, 23, from Saudi Arabia.

Fernandez is due in a San Fernando courtroom on December 18 for arraignment in Abdullah’s killing, which investigators say revolved around Alkadi’s sale of his Audi A6, which Alkadi had listed on Craigslist for $30,000.

Fernandez is in jail without bail. Prosecutors will decide at a later date whether or not to pursue the death penalty.

The media was not allowed to take video, still pictures or sketches of the defendant in the courtroom due to identity issues. The defense did not specify what those issues were.
http://sundial.csun.edu/2015/01/defense-in-alkadi-murder-asks-for-more-time/

Fernandez wore a headset to listen to the hearing through a Spanish-speaking interpreter. Wearing a blue L.A. County Jail jumpsuit, Fernandez sat handcuffed with his hands in front of him. His gaze shifted back and forth between the witness on the stand and his public defender.

http://sundial.csun.edu/2015/12/hearing-to-decide-status-of-man-accused-in-abdullah-alkadis-death/

I asked the question before up there, but I'll ask it again.........why all the secrecy on publishing a picture of this guy ? Is it because he's an illegal ? Is this political correctness in it's most absurd form ? The bigger question would be, why would the judge go along with it ?

Hi everyone.

Long time reader, first time poster.

I just wanted to add that I noticed when Agustin Fernandez was first arrested on his LASD inmate profile it said his bail was set at 1 million dollars - I now notice that his profile says No Bail. I guess they consider him a flight risk and changed it?

I am just so surprised that anyone would think they could get away with a crime like this. A man sells his car on Craigslist for a considerable sum, then disappears right after the transaction. Did this Fernandez fellow really think nobody would come a-knockin'?

I guess if criminals were smart they wouldn't be criminals.

Welcome to Websleuths, it's nice to have you here.

Agustin Fernandez pleaded not guilty on December 18th.

http://www.dailynews.com/general-news/20151218/long-beach-man-enters-plea-in-murder-of-northridge-student

A Long Beach man pleaded not guilty Friday in connection with the death of a Cal State Northridge student from Saudi Arabia whose body was found last year in the Coachella Valley.

Agustin Rosendo Fernandez, 29, is charged with murder in last year’s killing of Abdullah Abdullatif Alkadi.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office will decide later whether to seek the death penalty against Fernandez, who is jailed without bail.

Fernandez is due back in a San Fernando courtroom Feb. 4 for a pretrial hearing.

Man accused of killing CSUN student had blood on hand, witnesses testify

http://www.dailynews.com/general-news/20160601/man-accused-of-killing-csun-student-had-blood-on-hand-witnesses-testify

Two women testified Wednesday that a man accused of stabbing to death a Cal State Northridge student after answering a Craigslist ad returned home Sept. 17, 2014, with cuts and blood on his right hand and a new luxury car.

In the second day of testimony in the murder trial of Augustin Fernandez, 29, Nyleen Curiel, the daughter of Fernandez’ girlfriend, said he called her from the backyard of their Long Beach home to bring him water.

Curiel testified she saw blood on his right hand and clothes.

She also said Fernandez asked her to help him with his bloody hand, but she refused.

“I said, ‘No.’ I was scared,” she said.

The mother and daughter both testified that after going to the doctor, they went with Fernandez to a carwash where they had their car washed and he had the Audi cleaned. The Audi cost more to clean than their own car, according to their testimony.

Molina said she and Fernandez were expecting a baby back in 2014, that they had been talking about a house and a car and, today, they were still a couple.

Molina also said she didn’t know he was buying a car that day, or that her money was missing; she added he hasn’t returned the $27,000 to her.

Long Beach Man Convicted in 2014 Craigslist Killing, Carjacking of CSUN Student

http://ktla.com/2016/06/09/long-beach-man-convicted-in-2014-craigslist-killing-carjacking-of-csun-student/

Jurors deliberated for just 15 minutes Thursday before finding a 29-year-old man guilty of carjacking and killing a CSUN student who had posted his Audi for sale on Craigslist in 2014, prosecutors announced.

Agustin Rosendo Fernandez of Long Beach was convicted of first-degree murder, with the jury of nine women and three men finding that the murder was committed during a robbery and carjacking.

Fernandez faces life in prison without parole. His sentencing is scheduled for Aug. 12.

Man Sentenced in CSUN Student's Murder

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Man-Sentenced-in-CSUN-Students-Murder-390008512.html

A man was sentenced to life in state prison Friday without the possibility of parole for fatally stabbing a Cal State Northridge student who had placed an online advertisement about a car he was trying to sell, and then dumping the victim’s body in the Coachella Valley, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.

Agustin Rosendo Fernandez, 30, of Long Beach, was convicted of first-degree murder on June 9 for the stabbing death of 23-year-old Abdullah Abdullatif Alkadi of Saudi Arabia, whose body was discovered along a freeway in Palm Desert in 2014.

At the sentencing hearing in San Fernando, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Hayden Zacky said Fernandez killed an innocent young student in a "planned and premeditated" attack, then "callously" disposed of the body. His dumping of Alkadi's body "shows a cold, callous and malicious heart," Zacky said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back