CA - Aiden Leos, 6, fatally shot in road rage confrontation, Orange, 21 May 2021 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The VW is registered to her parents. They and others with that car registration (~150 in SoCal) but who don't drive it, may very well have called the authorities.

His Instagram* has a photo of a (the) gun. Another IG has a photo of a project he had been working on -- restoring a Miata car in a garage. <modsnip: Please do not post addresses of friends or family> That's where the VW was the whole time. I think the resident is his grandma, prolly unaware.

Dunno if related, but a trick repo men use is to place a tracker on an SO's car -- which will always occasionally drive to the target car.

* fwiw none of the IG posts seem recent
So, they don't even own the car. I wasn't expecting that.

The VW is registered to her parents. They and others with that car registration (~150 in SoCal) but who don't drive it, may very well have called the authorities.

His Instagram* has a photo of a (the) gun. Another IG has a photo of a project he had been working on -- restoring a Miata car in a garage. <modsnip: Please do not post addresses of friends or family> That's where the VW was the whole time. I think the resident is his grandma, prolly unaware.

Dunno if related, but a trick repo men use is to place a tracker on an SO's car -- which will always occasionally drive to the target car.

* fwiw none of the IG posts seem recent
So, they don't even own the car. I wasn't expecting that.
Any word on who turned them in?
Any word on who turned them in?
I haven't heard. Would that be released?

This article states that the gun and the vehicle were hidden in two different places. I don't know what to say! These two assailants are heartless! IMO Gun, car used in shooting death of 6-year-old boy on 55 Freeway found, authorities say – Orange County Register

Don’t her parents read the news? They must have known she used their car at the time of the shooting. This shooting has been super big news here in Orange County. Everyone on social media is celebrating the arrests. There are huge signs posted on the freeway.

Maybe they did know and are the ones who came forward?

Don’t her parents read the news? They must have known she used their car at the time of the shooting. This shooting has been super big news here in Orange County. Everyone on social media is celebrating the arrests. There are huge signs posted on the freeway.

Maybe they did know and are the ones who came forward?

It says they were surveilling them prior to the arrests based on a tip they received.

I agree though, who's to say that tip didn't come from her parents? If it did, that would be awesome. Or even from Grandma - who got the vehicle stashed at her place under a false story. Family putting their own creeps behind bars.

It says they were surveilling them prior to the arrests based on a tip they received.

I agree though, who's to say that tip didn't come from her parents? If it did, that would be awesome. Or even from Grandma - who got the vehicle stashed at her place under a false story. Family putting their own creeps behind bars.

Wait. So did the car belong to Lee’s parents? And they stashed it at her grandmother’s house?

Wait. So did the car belong to Lee’s parents? And they stashed it at her grandmother’s house?

The car was registered to her father, but was stashed at his grandmother's place:
Gun, car used in shooting death of 6-year-old boy on 55 Freeway found, authorities say – Orange County Register (ocregister.com)
The suspect vehicle is registered to Lee’s father in Diamond Bar, according to authorities and the Department of Motor Vehicles.

The Volkswagen had been stashed at Eriz’s grandmother’s house in Whittier, but she is not implicated in the crime, according to authorities. The grandmother had been given a false story why she needed to store the vehicle, they said.

Perhaps Grandma eventually saw the news ... and put two plus two together and sent in the tip. I figure her dad probably still figured she was driving it around as he lived elsewhere. But, Eriz's grandma knew they were suddenly not driving it.

The car was registered to her father, but was stashed at his grandmother's place:
Gun, car used in shooting death of 6-year-old boy on 55 Freeway found, authorities say – Orange County Register (ocregister.com)

Perhaps Grandma eventually saw the news ... and put two plus two together and sent in the tip. I figure her dad probably still figured she was driving it around as he lived elsewhere. But, Eriz's grandma knew they were suddenly not driving it.
I can't wait to hear what they are each charged with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28
Back