Found Deceased CA - Alex Holden, 25, Sacramento, 31 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi guys! I live in Sac, and this just popped up on our 5pm news (not sure if related obvi but a deceased male body found in Galt; about 20 miles away from sac, give or take what part of sac you live) I too hope this is not Alex and he’s found soon alive and well xoxox
Body found on Galt dairy farm; investigators on scene
"Been there for some time."

Two weeks? Two years?

Where's Ducky when you need him?

Hi guys! I live in Sac, and this just popped up on our 5pm news (not sure if related obvi but a deceased male body found in Galt; about 20 miles away from sac, give or take what part of sac you live) I too hope this is not Alex and he’s found soon alive and well xoxox
Body found on Galt dairy farm; investigators on scene

That's about 25 miles from where Alex was last seen: Google Maps

Closeup of the location given in the article: Google Maps It's just barely off the main highway.

That's about 25 miles from where Alex was last seen: Google Maps

Closeup of the location given in the article: Google Maps It's just barely off the main highway.
ABC10 (local news) just updated their Facebook posts that the coroner has ruled out this person being a missing person from Sacramento County. I checked and they haven't updated their main webpage yet.

Divers search American River for Alex Holden

SACRAMENTO, Ca. — The search continues for a Springfield native who went missing in Sacramento, California.

Today, volunteer divers searched the bottom of the American River for 25 year old Alex Holden.

His friends got in touch with a scuba diver, Michael Pelley, to see if he’d try to look.

Sadly, neither Holden or any of his belongings were found in the river.
More/Video at link

Bumping Tricia's post from earlier in this thread. Please click to expand.

The speculation re Natomas is a perfect example of why WS does not approve of Reddit as a source.

Hey Everyone,

Thank you for participating on Alex's thread. We are all hoping and praying for a positive outcome.
One thing we work at constantly on Websleuths is we do our best to make sure we allow the facts. Based on those facts we allow our members to discuss their opinions. That is why we are strict when it comes to what organizations we allow to be used as sources.
I loath having to name an organization that is not allowed but I am left with no choice in this instance.

Due to issues in the past Missing Pieces Network is not allowed as a source. Even if the organization says it is working with the family in this case or any case.
I am not saying the information is or is not factual that MPN has up about this specific case. I am saying that Websleuths cannot support this organization by allowing their information to be brought over here because of past problems and we have no way to check out their latest info on Alex's case nor do we have the time. This includes missing posters made by MPN.

Same with Reddit. I LOVE Reddit. They are a great group and site for all kinds of discussions but again there is no way to check out if things are factual over there.
Please stick to information law enforcement releases and the mainstream media sources we have allowed in the past. This includes Crimeonline.com The site belongs to Nancy Grace and several of her writers/contributors post here.

Tim Miller's Texas Equasearch, The KlaasKids Foundation and Crimeonline.com are three I find to be very reliable and all three are allowed as sources.

No source is perfect and mistakes will be made but please understand our goal is to do our very best to keep the discussions as factual as possible.
Thank you,
Tricia

<bold and red is mine>

Bumping Tricia's post from earlier in this thread. Please click to expand.

The speculation re Natomas is a perfect example of why WS does not approve of Reddit as a source.

<bold and red is mine>

I'm a bit confused about the above reference to "speculation re Natomas."

I'm only aware of Natomas as the location where AH was believed headed when he left the apartment-- and confirmed by his friend Malik. (Reported by Fox/40 -- not Reddit).

Alex Holden has been missing since early New Year’s Eve morning. Around 2:30 a.m., Holden returned to his Sacramento apartment on I Street, near 22nd street, after a night out. He soon left the apartment to walk to a friend Aumad Malik’s house in Natomas.

“He’s done it a hundred times. It’s just this time is worrying because he didn’t make it there,” Malik told FOX40.

Family announces $10,000 reward for information in Sacramento man’s disappearance

There was some factual information reported that he didn’t plan on walking to Natomas because not a single surveillance camera has him walking that way. That’s why they think he may have walked “back towards the bars.”

Hopefully the surveillance video in the other direction is still stored.

If he wasn’t spotted on a single surveillance video heading that direction (and they have some high quality video)... where was he heading at 2:30am?

He came home at 11:30 and left three hours later because he woke up his girlfriend?

I know they got into a fight because he woke her up. But a 3 hour fight?!? So much for getting up early.

What is open in that area at 2:30 am if he did have other plans?

No runner that I know, would plan on walking (or running) that far in Birkenstocks. Especially an avid runner. I realize that an hour or hour an a half walk isn’t far for a runner. But raise your hand if it’s 2:30am and a single one of you has to walk an hour and a half somewhere. And it’s 40 degrees outside. Three hours would give him enough time to sober up, so don’t say because he was drunk. If anything, he’d strap on some running shoes and get there in a half hour or less.

And the interactive map from the official missing website with all of the different possible routes he could have taken all don’t lead to Natomas. So obviously, he may have had plans to walk elsewhere.

I wonder if Natomas was more of an educated guess on where else he could possibly go to crash at that time of night, rather than based on something he said, and MSM ran with it - because it was absolutely reported many times that he was headed that way. This would explain the confusion, if perhaps he just said he was leaving, and GF or friends assumed that was where he would go...

I wonder if Natomas was more of an educated guess on where else he could possibly go to crash at that time of night, rather than based on something he said, and MSM ran with it - because it was absolutely reported many times that he was headed that way. This would explain the confusion, if perhaps he just said he was leaving, and GF or friends assumed that was where he would go...
That’s what it feels like to me.

Agree about Natomas.

"Our new theory suggests Alex may have headed back towards the bars on K St," according to a posting published around 5 p.m. Friday, California time. "That night we went to LowBrau (a bar near Holden's apartment) for Motown Monday but concluded the night around 11:45 pm."

The posting continued, "We now believe Alex may have walked back towards K St Bars or East Sac. The time he went back out is still 2:30am 12/31/2019 which we know is past last call but with the street vendors and busyness of the holiday, Alex may have went back. Alex’s favorite bars to frequent are Pink Flamingo, LowBrau, & the Mercantile."

Sacramento police: 'No new information' on Alex Holden, missing since Dec. 31
Jan. 6, 2020

Given the utter lack of video footage of him in the surrounding area, the fact his phone pinged so close, the fact not one item of his has been found, and the fact the dogs had no real trail to follow, it seems obvious to me at this point that Alex got into a vehicle.

How exactly that now affects investigators I’m not sure (heavy focus on getting word out to Lyfts, Uber’s and cabs? Investigating his personal contacts’ vehicle movements? Not sure.). But the focus on the river and searching the bushes and whatnot seems like a waste of energy at this point. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x
Back