Found Deceased CA - Alex Holden, 25, Sacramento, 31 Dec 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Finally caught up. Whew! So Alex was found in the river as as previously suspected by many. Poor Alex. I see where his dad said there wasn’t a chance it was intentional. For all their sakes, I hope not.

I’m curious about the woman found. Of course, it’s no doubt in no relationship to Alex’s disappearance.

Rest In Peace Alex Holden. Another life cut short too soon.

IMO
I know his father is certain it wasn't suicide. And maybe it wasn't.

But I have seen a few cases here where the immediate family was absolutely certain the victim would never ever do that. And it turned it they did, sad as it is.

We just saw that recent case of that bright, successful college student who told his friends he was going to Lacrosse meeting---but he wasn't really.

And that woman on her way to work one morning, went missing, and was found in a ditch with a plastic bag over her head, in a commuter parking lot. She did it herself and her family was shocked.

So I am still on the fence here. :(

No matter what happened, RIP Young Alex.

JAN 29, 2020
Family announces memorial service plans to remember Alex Holden
The family of Alex Holden announced plans to remember him in a visitation and memorial ceremony in Springfield.

[...]

Visitation is scheduled for Friday, February 7 at the 425 Downtown Events Center at 425 West Walnut Street. It begins at 5 p.m. and lasts until 8 p.m.

A memorial is scheduled for Saturday, February 8 at 2 p.m. at The Venues Church on East Battlefield Road.

Finally caught up. Whew! So Alex was found in the river as as previously suspected by many. Poor Alex. I see where his dad said there wasn’t a chance it was intentional. For all their sakes, I hope not.

I’m curious about the woman found. Of course, it’s no doubt in no relationship to Alex’s disappearance.

Rest In Peace Alex Holden. Another life cut short too soon.

IMO
Man arrested in killing of woman found stabbed near Sacramento bike trail
Here is a little more info.. not much but Next of Kin hasn't been notified so her identity hasn't been released yet

Such a sad outcome.

I wonder why many men end up in water when intoxicated? Why do they happen to go to water during this time? Especially the guy who was going to the bathroom at the NFL game, but then he was found in water upstream, away from the stadium.

I know his father is certain it wasn't suicide. And maybe it wasn't.

But I have seen a few cases here where the immediate family was absolutely certain the victim would never ever do that. And it turned it they did, sad as it is.

We just saw that recent case of that bright, successful college student who told his friends he was going to Lacrosse meeting---but he wasn't really.

And that woman on her way to work one morning, went missing, and was found in a ditch with a plastic bag over her head, in a commuter parking lot. She did it herself and her family was shocked.

So I am still on the fence here. :(

No matter what happened, RIP Young Alex.
Absolutely. Even though his father believes it wasn’t intentional, we know that many times here, family has said that, only to find out from the coroner report that it was self inflicted. So sad.

Absolutely. Even though his father believes it wasn’t intentional, we know that many times here, family has said that, only to find out from the coroner report that it was self inflicted. So sad.
And my guess is that the coroner may not even be able to determine whether accident or intentional. After a month in the water, broken bones and blunt trauma could be determined, and possibly a fall could be the finding- but whether he fell accidentally would be almost impossible to ascertain- I would think.

MOO.

I can’t see any way to determine accident vs. suicide if the cause of death was drowning. I imagine his death will be ruled accidental, what was once called “death by misadventure” I think.

I don’t think many, if any, parents believe their child has committed suicide, especially without a note and/or other evidence. In Alex’s case there seems to be no reason to assume suicide...and doubt his death will be named as such unless something is being held back. Jmo

And my guess is that the coroner may not even be able to determine whether accident or intentional. After a month in the water, broken bones and blunt trauma could be determined, and possibly a fall could be the finding- but whether he fell accidentally would be almost impossible to ascertain- I would think.

MOO.

I believe there is still a chance that AH death was accidental OD. There is always a preliminary autopsy report and partial toxicology that's available pretty soon after a body is discovered. The official results, of course, are not released until final lab results are received which often merely confirms what the coroner would have suspected and shared with the parents.

This is not a criminal investigation and I don't believe the official COD will be publically released. (Not to say that results won't be sought by others).

MOO

I believe there is still a chance that AH death was accidental OD. There is always a preliminary autopsy report and partial toxicology that's available pretty soon after a body is discovered. The official results, of course, are not released until final lab results are received which often merely confirms what the coroner would have suspected and shared with the parents.

This is not a criminal investigation and I don't believe the official COD will be publically released. (Not to say that results won't be sought by others).

MOO
That’s a good point about the toxicology results.

If there was a drug element, I suppose, in theory, one might still not be able to determine whether it was accidental or intentional OD. But in any case, I think you are right that we probably will never know.

MOO.

FEB 3, 2020
Services & Donation Memorials Released for Alex Holden
The family of Alex Holden has announced an evening of honoring Alex’s life along with charities and organizations to which those who want to honor Alex can donate funds.

The family has asked that donations be made to the Foundation for Springfield Public Schools. Donations can be earmarked in Alex’s memory for Rountree Elementary or Parkview High School’s Debate Team.

[...]

Alex Holden finished second in the nation while a member of the Parkview Debate Team and was a state champion and international finalist for DECA according to an obituary released by the family.

[...]

Services for Alex Holden will include a visitation on Friday night at 425 West Walnut from 5 to 8 p.m.. A service will be held on Saturday at Venues Church, 2616 Battlefield Rd, at 2 p.m..

Such a sad outcome.

I wonder why many men end up in water when intoxicated? Why do they happen to go to water during this time? Especially the guy who was going to the bathroom at the NFL game, but then he was found in water upstream, away from the stadium.

"Many" men don't. It's really only a small percentage. Think about the hundreds of thousands of intoxicated men at every sporting event, party, etc. every weekend or holiday. Most of them make it home fine. We just hear about the few that don't.

"Many" men don't. It's really only a small percentage. Think about the hundreds of thousands of intoxicated men at every sporting event, party, etc. every weekend or holiday. Most of them make it home fine. We just hear about the few that don't.

I do wonder though why there is (seemingly) a higher percentage of men vs. women who have this alcohol and water issue. I can't come up with any plausible answer when I try to make sense of it. Going near water to pee doesn't seem logical to me b/c they can pee anywhere that's remotely concealed. I really can't come up with anything...

I do wonder though why there is (seemingly) a higher percentage of men vs. women who have this alcohol and water issue. I can't come up with any plausible answer when I try to make sense of it. Going near water to pee doesn't seem logical to me b/c they can pee anywhere that's remotely concealed. I really can't come up with anything...

First thing that occurred to me. . . women are less likely, IMO, to travel alone, especially at night after imbibing. It happens, but it's been my experience that they are less likely to leave the "group." IMO

I meant many men that go missing. Not many men that drink in general, obviously. Seems like most of the time, men who go missing are found in water.
How did they get into there? Why did they get drawn to water, because it sometimes isn't even close to where they started out. Just all is so bizarre.

Remembering Alex Holden on Twitter
The most beautiful memorial for the most beautiful person. Thank you Margaret & Calvin for creating such an incredible human being. Alex, you have touched the hearts of so many and continue to everyday. You are so loved and will always be. It’s not goodbye, it’s see you later.
EQSN8a_UwAAo41Y.jpg

1:46 PM - 8 Feb 2020

I meant many men that go missing. Not many men that drink in general, obviously. Seems like most of the time, men who go missing are found in water.
How did they get into there? Why did they get drawn to water, because it sometimes isn't even close to where they started out. Just all is so bizarre.

I think a lot of it is simply because drunk people aren't as coordinated and have impaired judgment. So they're more likely to slip and fall, and less likely to be able to help themselves if they slide into the water--especially in the winter, when the cold water can cause shock or hypothermia very quickly.

Once I started posting here we had case after case of young men going out for a night on the town and ending up finding water and drowning. People said that they noticed that it was happening quite a bit, so I googled that, “young men near water” and there was a whole bunch of cases that came up.

And of course we’re talking about young men, college-age men who got intoxicated, find water and die. Not everybody that got intoxicated and lived to tell about it, they’re not part of the statistic finding water and drowning IMO, JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Binx005
Back