GUILTY CA - Alex Mercado, 4, Mendota, 30 Oct 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How incredibly sad. :( I was hoping to hear he'd been found safe. My prayers for this little angel and his loved ones.

Oh no - I was praying for his safe return. And a crime scene at a neighbors home??? I can't take much more of this!!!!! :furious::furious:

I'm not sure Solescape. But unfortunately.....I just got an email from NCMEC.

"It is with great sadness and deep regret that we notify you that Alex Mercado missing from Mendota, CA, has been located deceased."

The search has been called off for 4-year-old Alex Mercado who went missing Friday afternoon.

10/31/09 3:00 p.m. UPDATE:

A crime scene has been set up at a neighbor's home; but authorities have not released any more information.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=7092333

I am heartbroken to hear this... How senseless and tragic. Little Alex is with the Angels now, God rest his soul.

Thanks,
Soulscape

Oh my god, that's awful. Neighbors should be looking out for kids, not killing them. :(

Another sweet little angel... gone. So sad. Prayers the God will be with his family, and find the monster that did this quickly.

That is true. But I don't think they usually say "crime scene" for accidents. MOO.
once his little body was found it would be a crime scene since he was reported missing (ie, the tape would go up regarless of if his death was an accident or a murder). I guess I am not so ready to think that there is another sicko out there killilng children this week.....:banghead:

once his little body was found it would be a crime scene since he was reported missing (ie, the tape would go up regarless of if his death was an accident or a murder). I guess I am not so ready to think that there is another sicko out there killilng children this week.....:banghead:

i second that...too sad even if it was just an accident.

Dead Child found near home of missing boy in Mendota

Fresno County Sheriff's deputies have found the body of a young child and have called off the search for a missing 4 year old Mendota boy.

They said the body was found in a unit near the home of Alex Mercado, who was reported missing Friday afternoon. At this point, the body has not been positively identified as Mercado. Deputies said the child's death is suspicious and homicide detectives are on the scene.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=7093550

Dead Child found near home of missing boy in Mendota

Fresno County Sheriff's deputies have found the body of a young child and have called off the search for a missing 4 year old Mendota boy.

They said the body was found in a unit near the home of Alex Mercado, who was reported missing Friday afternoon. At this point, the body has not been positively identified as Mercado. Deputies said the child's death is suspicious and homicide detectives are on the scene.

How horrible...I used to live in Fresno over 10 years ago and I was afraid to go to Mendota alone back then.

Poor little guy! May the angels love on him now!

My heart sank as I saw what preceded the thread name. Is it just because I read here that child abduction/deaths seem to be escalating at an alarming rate? What in God's name is behind this, WHY!! In some of these cases it is neglectful parenting in others there are good parents. IdahoforGroenes, where can I find information for changing the RSO incarcerations in Cali or statewide? I want to get involved NOW!

My heart sank as I saw what preceded the thread name. Is it just because I read here that child abduction/deaths seem to be escalating at an alarming rate? What in God's name is behind this, WHY!! In some of these cases it is neglectful parenting in others there are good parents. IdahoforGroenes, where can I find information for changing the RSO incarcerations in Cali or statewide? I want to get involved NOW!

Hi Knox. I'm currently working on reviewing the work done for such laws in Washington (mostly the One Strike Law in 2005), and trying to contact the orgainzer of it at that time. Also need to do some searching regarding laws and referendums and whatnot. When I get things put together, I'll let you know. I would imagine the process would be similar in California.

http://www.fresnobee.com/updates/story/1693959.html

The child's body is still inside the home where it was discovered, Curtice said.

Neighbors say the home belongs to a woman, believed to be in her 30s, and the woman's teenage son. They said the woman used to babysit for Alex and his siblings
Curtice said authorities are not ready to release the cause of death, but "it did not appear to be an accident."

-----

hopefully this is not another case of a child killed by a teen

Dear God - When will this stop???????????

<snip>

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- His body was found at a neighbor's home, inside a clothes dryer.

UPDATE:
Sheriff Margaret Mims has just announced that deputies found the body of 4-year-old Alex Mercado today and arrested arrest a 14-year-old boy for his murder.

Mercado was reported missing yesterday and a massive search effort ended today

RIP, little Alex.

omg!!!! This is horrible!!! WTF is going on with people lately????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bands0408
Back